PDA

View Full Version : Ant Man

Bishop
01-13-2014, 05:08 PM
So, Michael Douglas will be Hank Pym and Paul Rudd will be Scott Lang. Any thoughts? I'm not terribly familiar with these characters...

http://geektyrant.com/news/michael-douglas-will-play-hank-pym-in-marvels-ant-man

Newt
01-13-2014, 05:25 PM
It's interesting that Marvel is pursuing these Hollywood royalty types- they managed to get Redford, Kingsley, Hopkins, now Douglas; who's next, Al Pacino? Dustin Hoffman? Meryl Streep?

Not that I'm upset- I like these actors- but I wonder what exactly Marvel is trying to do. Pull in older viewers, or those who might otherwise consider the movies too juvenile? Make critics take the movies more seriously? Gain bragging rights? Or, is it possible they actually feel this is the best possible casting for the role (and best use of however many millions of dollars one of these actors costs)?

Bishop
01-13-2014, 06:59 PM
It's probably a bit of each. Most likely, they are aiming for the credibility the big name actors give the movie in the eyes of those that aren't familiar with the characters.

Buckyrig
01-13-2014, 10:07 PM
It's interesting that Marvel is pursuing these Hollywood royalty types- they managed to get Redford, Kingsley, Hopkins, now Douglas; who's next, Al Pacino? Dustin Hoffman? Meryl Streep?

Hoffman and Pacino were both in Dick Tracy (not Marvel, I know, but still...)

And Mandy Patinkin.

Duane Korslund
01-14-2014, 09:15 AM
never was a fan of antman...or Michael Douglas....I'm not seeing myself getting very excited about this

Bishop
01-14-2014, 09:25 AM
never was a fan of antman...or Michael Douglas....I'm not seeing myself getting very excited about this

I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I have enjoyed many of his movies. The Game, Falling Down, A Perfect Murder, and The Ghost and the Darkness are all really good movies IMO.

Duane Korslund
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I have enjoyed many of his movies. The Game, Falling Down, A Perfect Murder, and The Ghost and the Darkness are all really good movies IMO.

I'll agree with Falling down...that one held my attention....and ok...I'll admit to liking the Romancing the Stone movies and War of the Roses....

Justice41
01-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Pissh," The Streets of San Francisco", alone earns the man his star status. Anyone who can act opposite a man with a penis for a nose for all those years has to be.

Nitecrawlah2
01-17-2014, 10:30 AM
It's an interesting choice, though with the premise of the movie it could work out. As long as Edgar Wright's involved I'll watch it.

Bishop
01-17-2014, 11:56 AM
As long as Edgar Wright's involved I'll watch it.

I am the same way. I finally got to watch The Worlds End a couple of weeks ago and kicked myself for waiting so long to pick it up. I love everything he does.

Bishop
04-13-2015, 12:07 PM
They finally released a real trailer. Looks like it could be fun!

pWdKf3MneyI

LastActionHero
06-03-2015, 08:41 AM
This movie is going to be epic.
Can't wait to see.

TheDeeMan
07-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Here's an early review of Ant Man by Comicbook Girl 19:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7VhKHiTfWc&feature=em-subs_digest

Apparently she loved it.

Dee

Moonrider
07-28-2015, 09:11 AM
Guys guys hey guys ANT-MAN is awesome you guys go check it out I've seen it man it's awesome.

Bishop
07-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Yes. It is very good. I enjoyed it far more than I expected to.

Justice41
07-28-2015, 11:56 PM
Meh Made for TV movie. My kid liked it. I was napping.

Moonrider
07-29-2015, 12:03 PM
Because you hate everything hahahahahaha

Rob Norton
07-29-2015, 01:39 PM
I enjoyed the hell out of it. fun. simple. good times.

rob

Angel
08-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Ant-Man was good. Just good. It was about Ant-Man sooooooooooooo ....who's favorite character has ever been Ant-Man? BTW Why did Cross only use the unstable particle as a weapon once? That would have been perfect... it was even more effective than the lasers!

Moonrider
08-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Ant-Man was good. Just good. It was about Ant-Man sooooooooooooo ....who's favorite character has ever been Ant-Man? BTW Why did Cross only use the unstable particle as a weapon once? That would have been perfect... it was even more effective than the lasers!

Let's see. A squirt gun that transforms any organic matter to tiny blobs of goo or a frickin' portable laser disintegrator that goes pew! pew! pew!

No contest. Also, that unstable Pym particle was expensive.