PDA

View Full Version : Challenge - come up with a short back story to this pic

Frankmillerfan
01-06-2014, 03:42 PM
nothing super elaborate just a short three paragraph MAX back-story to the pic. Pick a person or all of them if you want and go into who the people are or why it happened or what was going on that lead up to someone getting their head blown off at a card game.

Brevity is important..being able to write a concise story that gets to the point helps make a better story.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/68514_10151323330947131_2140865964_n.jpg

Goddammit ma shirt is ruined !

Fucking Clem an' his shit talkin'. I knew this was gonna happen. Could see it comin' a mile away. He started in on Zeke and wouldn't let up. We were s'posed to be a playin' poker after eatin' but then Clem starts talkin' about the game. Zeke's a big Chiefs fan and he took that lost to the Colts pretty hard. He lost a ton of dough to boot too. I don't think Clem knew just how much Zeke had ridin' on that game. In any case the dumb bastard was always runnin' his mouth. Zeke better have a good shovel an' lime cuz I ain't diggin' the hole on this one. Now I gotta go back to Sears and get another flower print shirt, dammit!

Duane Korslund
01-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Spud stood over the body and spat with conviction.

"This is the last time we try to teach one of them zombies how to play poker."
Gnarly couldnt agree more as he picked pieces of brain and bone out of his powder blue Tshirt.
"Fer sure dude, I knew there was trouble when he saw your 200 and raised you a juicy wet brain."

Damn zombies.

W.JasonHall
01-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Told from the perspective of the guy in the Hawaiian shirt (Big Al, we'll call him):

"Some people are born just to be a lesson to others. Ray's been skimmin' off the side at my expense for months. The amount of stuff he claims to be pushin' just ain't adding up to our bookeepin.' Bein' new to an operation is no excuse for not knowin' who the fuck I am.

So Ray has these little poker games with his friends every Wednesday night at his house. How appropriate. One week I invite myself, along with Lil Stevie, over to play a few hands.

Before I get Lil Stevie to blow his head off, I let Ray know why he's gettin' his head blown off. You steal from me, this is what you get, right in front of your buddy and your girl. Ray must've known something was up since he had his pistol on him. Or he had a guilty conscience. Should've just done his job right to begin with."

The Valeyard
01-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Megan's Story

Larry was a cheat. They all knew it. Yet every Saturday night, here he was at their house playing poker again. Her husband and father-in-law didn't seem to mind him. Even her son Mark was won over by Larry's "charm."

Megan hated Larry. He was a stupid prick with an attitude and roaming hands. He also had no concept of the word "No." For months, she tried to figure out a way to get rid of Larry once and for all. Then it came to her.

She leaned into her husband's ear and whispered "Larry is Mark's real father." Less than a minute later, the Larry problem was solved for good.

ColbyAddison
01-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Told through the perspective of the dead guy.

"

"

gummahfan
01-28-2014, 01:14 AM
Hey guys.

So this is one of my first posts. I did it in dialogue, so it looks really long but I'm sure it'll read quick. The reason I did it in dialogue is because I need practice getting character voices down. Let me know how I did. Also, check out my upcoming project here (http://gummahfan.blogspot.ca/2014/01/son-of-god.html)

*BLAM!*

Heath: OH SHIT! Wha-- SHIT MAN! What was that!?

Bruno: Now now, calm down, ain't nothin' to get all worked up over

Heath: Nothing to get wor-- He just blew his fucking head off. Like OFF! nothing from shoulders up!

Martha: Had to use the shotgun din't you

Heath: You knew too? Why did everyone except me know? It wou--

Servil: Best be quietin' down boy. can't y'tell you ain't got no poker face by that pathetic pile'a chips'a yers? Now stop shoutin' an' help me get the shovels out from the shed.

Bruno: *sigh* him and his goddamn shotgun

EARLIER

Bruno: Alright you two. Word is that Derek's been skimmin'

Servil: what? How longs that sonn'a bitch been cuttin' into our profits

Martha (filing her nails): Ah heard he's been cheatin' on his wife too. Julie's a good woman and she don't deserve that kinda treatment

Bruno: Well, let's stop and think about what this means here. Joe's spotted him pocketting a stack two nights ago at the Sandy Hill hit, and I personally trust him, Joe's good people.

Servil: S'good 'nuff fer me. Hell, I'll off 'im tonight.

Martha: After what he did to Juli--

Servil: Dangit Martha, No one cares about him cheatin' on Julie

Martha (goes back to filing her nails): I'm just sayin'

Bruno: So we're all agreed? Good, and don't tell the kid, he'll tip him off and it might get messy.

Bruno: Oh, and Servil? Don't use the damned shotgun, we gots to clean up after we're done.

T_F_Mann
02-05-2014, 01:19 AM
"I told him for the last damn time... its spelled g-r-A-y, not g-r-E-y."

Charles
02-07-2014, 12:20 AM
You sure all he wanted was potato chips?? He said chips. All I heard him say was chips. I told him, see, don't touch the fuckin' chips! He kept on and on about chips. See what I'm sayin', here, fellas? I swear to God, I thought that he touched my poker chips. As God is my witness, I told him, don't touch the fuckin' chips. Don't say another word about chips.

I don't like my chips touched, see? And, what does he go and do? He said he'd get the chips, his self. He don't listen, none. Where's it gotten him, I ask ya? Where's it gotten him?

Fuckin' dead, that's where! Who's up for take-out?

QAN
02-12-2014, 09:09 AM
"I didn't like his shoes, but that's not the reason he's leaky meat. When my shower is done, I want this mess cleaned up and an answer to my previous question. Don't mess with my money. Or my rare collectibles..."

AthenaRose
02-18-2014, 03:52 AM
Sindy stared at the space where Tommy's head had been, trying to make it make sense. If only she hadn't taken so much stuff tonight - but Tommy had scored big on the horses and was splashing his winnings around like money was going out of fashion. He had been in the middle of telling his buddies all about it when one of them - what was his name?! - just stood up and...

Tommy had picked her up early, took her to buy a new dress, told her she was his lucky charm. Then the races. He had talked to a couple of dodgy looking characters but she hadn't taken any notice - she was having too much fun spending his money. The card game was supposed to be the perfect end to a perfect day.

She tried to care that Tommy didn't have a head any more but she was just too out of it.