PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman 3, Spinoffs for Venom and Sinister Six Announced

Khuth
12-13-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/180769-sony-pictures-announces-spider-man-spinoffs-venom-and-sinister-six

The five writers, along with the two producers and Marc Webb, have formed a franchise brain trust to expand the universe for the brand and to develop a continuous tone and thread throughout the films. Under the deals, the studio announced that Kurtzman & Orci & Pinkner are writing the screenplay for The Amazing Spider-Man 3, which the studio hopes Webb will return to direct. That film will go into production next fall for release on June 10, 2016. In addition, the team will build on the cinematic foundation laid by Webb, Arad, and Tolmach in the first two movies. They will expand the franchise with Kurtzman & Orci & Solomon writing the screenplay for Venom, which Kurtzman will direct. Goddard, then, will write with an eye to direct, The Sinister Six, focusing on the villains in the franchise.

So I'm guessing Venom is introduced in #3.

Maybe they could build up to a Spiderman/Venom team up to take on the Sinister Six in a sixth movie?

Bishop
12-13-2013, 04:10 PM
Likely. I read the other day that Garfield has said he is not involved with any movies beyond ASM 3. That could be a negotiation tactic, though.

Justice41
12-13-2013, 05:23 PM
Likely. I read the other day that Garfield has said he is not involved with any movies beyond ASM 3. That could be a negotiation tactic, though.

Or by then he'll be pushing near 40.

Bishop
12-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Or by then he'll be pushing near 40.

ASM 3 comes out in 2016, so he'd be 33. ASM 4 would be 2018 if they continue the pattern making him about 35.

Lovecraft13
12-14-2013, 10:11 AM
They couldn't even make the first one amazing. Who keeps approving this stuff? I highly doubt AMS2 will be any better, and it'll only get worse from there. I just hope after this all blows up on Sony, they'll sell Spider-man back to Marvel to recover lost costs.

Nitecrawlah2
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
I didn't love the first movie, but I really like Garfield as Peter/Spider-Man.