PDA

View Full Version : Paul Walker died

cheeseisgood1918
11-30-2013, 11:35 PM
Assuming it's not an Internet hoax.

Ironically, he died in a way reminiscent of a F&F movie. He crashed his Porsche and it exploded. If the story is true (and according to his Twitter page, it is) he was only 40. Pretty tragic.

Bishop
11-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Yeah. This is tragic and ironic. I believe it has been confirmed at this point.

Rob Norton
12-01-2013, 12:00 AM
never thought he was any kind of groundbreaking actor, but as far as i can recall, you never really heard of him involved in any primadonna actor bullshit or tabloid nonsense. seemed like a relatively normal dude just doing his thing. sucks for his family. unfortunate.

rob

cheeseisgood1918
12-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Apparently it wasn't him driving, it was a friend who use to be a race car driver.

Angel
12-01-2013, 10:00 PM
Great, now who are we gonna have to say "dude" and "bro" a gazillion times in each movie they're in? Actually I am stunned twofold at the news 1. that he died and in such a grisly manner and 2. that he was 40...that dude still seemed pretty young.

dx
12-01-2013, 10:14 PM
It always sucks when someone dies, but when it's one of the more quality type of person and it's not age or disease....it's a little more disheartening. I think it's because you don't see it coming.

Troy Wall
12-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Totally sucks. It has also been reported that he had just finished making an appearance for a charity.

He could act. Just got stereotyped really quickly. Go watch 'Running Scared'.

A ton of actors that have talent get pigeon-holed before they can show what they are really capable of. Chris Evans comes to mind because of his physical similarities to Walker. Of course, Evans has a Scrooge McDuck sized money-bin because of the Marvel work, but prior to those movies he was fairly well stereotyped. His Captain America work doesn't much impress me, but check his turn as Mr. Frosty in the recent "Iceman" with Michael Shannon for a glimpse at what he's capable of.