PDA

View Full Version : No Enders Game thread?

Justice41
11-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Waa appen? no one go see it or was it that bad an adaptation? Read the book many moons ago but what I saw in commercials didn't jive with what I remember.

Newt
11-19-2013, 07:34 PM
I saw it. It was pretty disappointing. Nothing too specific- it looked good, the actors were fine, it just didn't seem to have any heart to it, and pulled all its punches.

Bishop
11-19-2013, 08:07 PM
I enjoyed the book, but had no interest in the movie for some reason. I'll rent it or stream it on Netflix.

Justice41
11-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Wow they spent quite a bit on this flick. Anytime i see that guy in a movie I just know it will stink. The guy what played the Mandarin in IM3.

Moonrider
11-20-2013, 12:16 AM
Anytime i see that guy in a movie I just know it will stink. The guy what played the Mandarin in IM3.

Don't watch Gandhi then. It stunk so bad he even won an Oscar for it.

Bishop
11-20-2013, 12:36 AM
He was great in Sneakers and Sexy Beast.

Justice41
11-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Oscar is a measure of what people in the movie business think not what the general public think. Gandi was forgettable. Every time I see his name involved I just know it will be crap.

Angel
11-24-2013, 11:06 PM
Enders Game successfully told the story...nothing more.

MistValkyrie
12-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Wow they spent quite a bit on this flick. Anytime i see that guy in a movie I just know it will stink. The guy what played the Mandarin in IM3.

Do you mean Ben Kingsley?
If so, that's a shame, I think he's a great actor even though he may not necessarily be in the greatest movies. I regard him like I regard Paul Giammatti, he's such a good actor but such an under-rated one that he sometimes gets crap movies in which his performance is generally the only good thing.
I like the book (I like the book so much that it read it in six hours when I first got it) but truthfully I completely forgot that the movie came out...lol...I really suck I guess.
I don't really put much stock into movie adaptations of books though...it's a sad fact but for every Watchmen, Lord of the Rings or Silence of the Lambs, there's about ten other Cat in the Hat's, World War Z's or that wierdly awful 70's version of Farenheit 451.
It's kind of a crap shoot...but one that I wouldn't bother to spend much money on.