PDA

View Full Version : Thor: The Dark World

dx
11-13-2013, 02:05 AM
Soooo...I couldn't find a Thor thread.

I guess I'm the only one who saw it?

Way better than the first. It's the Thor movie I think everyone wanted. For me, it had enough of everything from Asgard to Earth with a nice representation of all of the characters.

I'll say this...Loki is much better portrayed in the movie than he has ever been in the comics.

Bishop
11-13-2013, 09:11 AM
I saw it Saturday. I thought it was pretty good, but the storytelling wasn't as tight as the first. It definitely had more action and effects, but it also had more nonsensical moments. I blame the director. It seemed that he was in over his head.

Moonrider
11-13-2013, 11:48 PM
Benicio Del Toro looks... Uh, dumb.

jeffo46
11-14-2013, 02:14 PM
My wife and I went to go see it on Saturday and we both agreed that it was definitely superior to the 1st film. We got our money's worth and enjoyed the movie . I especially loved the little teaser after the credits which I won't spoil here .

Duane Korslund
11-14-2013, 02:57 PM
I wont be seeing it anytime soon, could someone PM me the end credits spoilers please?
Or I could just google it :P

Edit: I googled it....HELL YES! Been hoping this was where Marvel would eventually go!

Justice41
11-14-2013, 04:46 PM
Del Toro is in this Flick?

Bishop
11-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Del Toro is in this Flick?

Very briefly in the mid-credits scene.

Justice41
11-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Ahh a cameo. So Far every person in the Cameo's winds up in the main movies eventually. Must be something big. Probably a tie in to GOTG

Bishop
11-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Ahh a cameo. So Far every person in the Cameo's winds up in the main movies eventually. Must be something big. Probably a tie in to GOTG

Definitely. That segment was directed by the GotG director. Del Toro is playing The Collector in that movie.

Nitecrawlah2
11-15-2013, 01:21 AM
I also agree that it was better than the first. The quirky moments between the characters were kept at a minimum, and Loki is great as always. I wanted more screen time with the villains, if only another 5-7 minutes more with Malekith and/or Algrim. I loved seeing Asgard as an active setting, everything looked gorgeous.

Moonrider
11-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Definitely. That segment was directed by the GotG director. Del Toro is playing The Collector in that movie.

The GotG director did that segment? It looks campy as hell. I hope that doesn't reflect the overall quality of the upcoming movie.

Bishop
11-17-2013, 12:07 AM
The GotG director did that segment? It looks campy as hell. I hope that doesn't reflect the overall quality of the upcoming movie.

Yeah. Apparently, they shot it in about 2 hours. It shows...

http://www.inquisitr.com/1027775/thor-2-director-apologizes-for-slamming-the-films-mid-credits-sequence-video/

AuthorOfAuthority
11-17-2013, 01:59 AM

Yea, but you have to keep a few things in mind. James Gunn didn't write the segment and wasn't even aware of it until they essentially handed it to him and asked him to shoot it by the end of the week. When you rush a director who has no creative input over a scene to complete something like that, it's gonna end up campy. The GOTG movie is in post right now, and from everything I've heard it looks incredible.

Rob Norton
11-17-2013, 02:56 PM
i enjoyed the hell out of this movie. lots of fun. excitment... humor...action.. very very enjoyable on every level for me.

rob

dx
11-18-2013, 01:01 AM
i enjoyed the hell out of this movie. lots of fun. excitment... humor...action.. very very enjoyable on every level for me.

rob

It's now officially official...the movie is enjoyable. :thumbs:

Now go watch it if you haven't...

Angel
11-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Dark World was great, and damn the costume design for a Thor movie could not be any better than this. I just don't think super hero comic based movies can do much better than this.

dx
11-26-2013, 03:07 AM
Day off...well...week off. So I did a double header and watched it again.

It was still very enjoyable. I even enjoy the ending credits with the stills transformed into illustrations. I did stay to see the end end (not a typo) after all credits, additional scene. Apparently one end credit scene wasn't enough.

Really starting to get annoyed....just add the extra scenes at the end of the movie.