PDA

View Full Version : Next Writing Challenge Starts On 10/26/13

Steven Forbes
10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Just in case there is any interest in this still, the next writing challenge will start on 10/26/13.

The character has to be some sort of space cop, such as Space Ghost, Rocky Jones, Buck Rogers...those kinds of characters. The action doesn't necessarily have to take place in space itself, but it cannot take place on Earth.

It doesn't have to be one of those three characters, but it does have to be a character that can be recognized, either from comic books, television, or the movies.

As always, it will be no more than five pages, and due to the kinds of characters we're talking about, these can be excerpts. (It would be better to at least try to get a full story done in five pages, though.)

Format, spelling, and punctuation count. No profanity, no erotica.

Have fun!

scrappy
10-20-2013, 08:27 PM
So it needs to be an already existing character? Like Pluto Nash? (I've never seen the movie but if I had I would totally use him.)

Can't be a character of our own design?

Steven Forbes
10-20-2013, 08:55 PM
So it needs to be an already existing character? Like Pluto Nash? (I've never seen the movie but if I had I would totally use him.)

Can't be a character of our own design?

Correct! No characters of your own design.

Paul LaPorte
10-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Can it be a character from video games?

Steven Forbes
10-21-2013, 12:24 AM
I don't want to restrict it too much, so sure.

Newt
10-21-2013, 01:55 PM
I was actually working on a space cop story...with a character of my on design...set on Earth (it's the "how I became a space cop" story). Crap! :p

Steven Forbes
10-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Sorry, Newt! :p