PDA

View Full Version : Inking advice please!

Adrianna
10-19-2013, 06:07 AM
Just after some advice please?

I am a digital colorist, and have been exploring traditional inking lately, and was considering working in the medium more. I was after some advice in methods in preparing pencils for inking, and I had a few questions, and you seemed the perfect inker to ask for advice!

The main issue I have been finding, is how traditional inkers prep their pages ready to work on.

When you get pencils to work on, do you usually print them off to ink? If so, do you have a particular size you work in? Like A3 or A4?

I used Bristol board before, what paper would you use or recommend?

Is there still a demand for traditional inking? I know Digital inking has been coming up in recent years, but felt better in traditional personally.

lobocomics
10-19-2013, 10:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOzwvjYo3o8 This video of Jonathan Glapion explains one of the ways to work, which is converting to blue.. that is the way I like to work, and what I have seen is that the best inkers use mixed media, some parts use quills, brush, digital, in the end, whatever tool you like, and can get you a professional final product is the correct one... saludos... the video is pretty cool and Jonathan has some other very helpfull videos... check them

Adrianna
10-20-2013, 07:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOzwvjYo3o8 This video of Jonathan Glapion explains one of the ways to work, which is converting to blue.. that is the way I like to work, and what I have seen is that the best inkers use mixed media, some parts use quills, brush, digital, in the end, whatever tool you like, and can get you a professional final product is the correct one... saludos... the video is pretty cool and Jonathan has some other very helpfull videos... check them

Brilliant, thank you for this! ^_^

would Bristol board be a appropriate substitute for comic board?

Scribbly
10-20-2013, 07:58 AM
Brilliant, thank you for this! ^_^

would Bristol board be a appropriate substitute for comic board?

Comics boards are made of Bristol paper.