PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Onomonopeeon
10-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.

I'm Josh, letterer for Aspen Comics. I've been lettering for 6 years, mostly with Aspen. When I first started I didn't know a whole lot about lettering. I picked up the D.C. and Comicraft books, but I also found a lot of helpful, practical tips right here on this site.

I've never been big into chat rooms, but after haunting this one all these years I've decided to finally participate! I have a few questions I'll be asking, as well as sharing a few tips I've picked up that might help you all. But most of all I wanted to say thanks to you all. There is a wealth of knowledge in this room that I am very appreciative for.

Thank you all very much!

lordmagnusen
10-02-2013, 01:01 AM
Welcome around!

eDuke
10-02-2013, 04:36 AM
Welcome to the forums, Josh!

Onomonopeeon
10-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Thank you!

paul brian deberry
10-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Hello

Gonzogoose
10-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Welcome, Josh! I actually love your lettering on the Aspen books, so it's good to 'meet' you.

digiwombat
10-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Hey!

Welcome to the board! I've chatted with Vince a few times. Good people at Aspen! :D

Onomonopeeon
10-03-2013, 03:01 AM
Welcome, Josh! I actually love your lettering on the Aspen books, so it's good to 'meet' you.
Thank you very much, I appreciate the compliment. The guys challenge me to come up with a unique look for each title, which is no small feat. It's nice to meet you, too!

Onomonopeeon
10-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Hey!

Welcome to the board! I've chatted with Vince a few times. Good people at Aspen! :D
Vince and I have kind of grown up together creatively. He started writing around the same time I started lettering. His books are a lot of fun to work on, especially Charismagic.
With being a small studio, everyone at Aspen has had a major influence on my growth and development as a letterer and I would not be where I am today without them!

Jason Arthur
10-10-2013, 04:23 PM
I hadn't seen any Aspen books (I don't read monthlies at all anymore), but I just went to the site and really dig your stuff (I previewed Broken Pieces).

Nice work and welcome to the forums.

Around here you'll find Clem Robins, Todd Klein, Nate Piekos (Blambot) and even Richard Starkings (Comicraft) has posted on occasion.

Lots of talented folks around here and they're all willing to share their knowledge. This is perhaps the nicest forum you'll ever encounter.

Onomonopeeon
10-10-2013, 05:31 PM
I hadn't seen any Aspen books (I don't read monthlies at all anymore), but I just went to the site and really dig your stuff (I previewed Broken Pieces).

Nice work and welcome to the forums.

Around here you'll find Clem Robins, Todd Klein, Nate Piekos (Blambot) and even Richard Starkings (Comicraft) has posted on occasion.

Lots of talented folks around here and they're all willing to share their knowledge. This is perhaps the nicest forum you'll ever encounter.

Jason (or anyone else), if you read digital books Comixology carries all of our #0 issues for free. Its a great way to sample our line!

cyxodus
10-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Josh...Welcome aboard.

cyxodus
10-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Tell us more about yourself, what program do you use, your workflow and lettering style.