PDA

View Full Version : Best TV Series of All Time

FA
09-16-2013, 10:37 PM
What is it?

You can use any rationale you like - best written, funniest, most moving, whatever is most important to you. But you may only pick one show. Assume all other shows will be tied in a sack and drowned once you've made your commitment.

I've got to say Columbo, for sheer watchability. It manages to be interesting whilst completely formulaic, the main character is rock solid, and it successfully spanned decades (although the late 60s/early-mid 70s were the best, I think).

Plus, Robert Culp as a selection of the most odious people to grace to the earth. Leonard Nimoy, Bill Shatner, Leslie Nielsen, Jack Cassidy....what's not to love?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27400000/Adorable-Peter-Falk-as-Columbo-columbo-27473396-576-448.jpg

What's your One Show to Rule Them All?

cheeseisgood1918
09-16-2013, 11:04 PM
Breaking Bad I think has to be it. It's just so multilayered. The acting is amazing. The direction and cinematography is flawless, the writing is great. The score fits everything perfectly. The subtext is subtle and evocative without being pretentious. It's the perfect storm of everything just coalescing to become this amazing entity of a show.

I'm betting even the caterers on that show are fantastic. I just don't think I've seen everything come together the way that show does.

FA
09-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Breaking Bad I think has to be it. It's just so multilayered. The acting is amazing. The direction and cinematography is flawless, the writing is great. The score fits everything perfectly. The subtext is subtle and evocative without being pretentious. It's the perfect storm of everything just coalescing to become this amazing entity of a show.

I'm betting even the caterers on that show are fantastic. I just don't think I've seen everything come together the way that show does.

That's going to be a popular choice. I've deliberately not watched any episodes so I can binge watch it when it's over. I did that with Lost and ended up hating myself...getting off the couch was like coming out of hibernation.

Bishop
09-16-2013, 11:46 PM
I'll go with Breaking Bad as well. Outside of that, I'd have to nominate Fringe or The Walking Dead.

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 12:10 AM
Mad Men for me, Breaking Bad is a close second tho.

ponyrl
09-17-2013, 01:38 AM
American TV or worldwide?

Moonrider
09-17-2013, 02:18 AM
http://www.badassoftheweek.com/macgyver.jpg

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 03:35 AM
That's going to be a popular choice. I've deliberately not watched any episodes so I can binge watch it when it's over. I did that with Lost and ended up hating myself...getting off the couch was like coming out of hibernation.I have a question for you then about Lost. What did you think of the last season? I was extremely dissappointed with it. I felt they built up to this awesome Sci-Fi story and then said "it was all about friendship". I tell people who've never seen it, watch seasons 1-5 and then come up with your own ending because anything is better than what they did.

dx
09-17-2013, 04:02 AM
Lee Majors with the equally cool tv name of Steve Austin in the Bionic Man / Six Million Dollar man.

http://www.webtvwire.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/six-million-dollar-man.jpg

I'm still waiting for the movie!

Nitecrawlah2
09-17-2013, 04:46 AM
I'd say for me it's between Seinfeld and The Wire. Two completely different shows, but both really successfully brought something new to television. For me, The Wire is one of the best written shows, so well written that at times it can be too clinical and considered "boring". It's like a Greek tragedy or epic, where you see the rise and fall of the heroes and villains, all interconnected in the Fates' webs where cause and effect rules all and bring weighted results, casualties, fortune, or whatever the Gods have determined long before these characters thought they had a choice.

Seinfeld's just funny as hell, and still holds up very well.

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 04:59 AM
There should be different categories because in comedy I'd say Seinfeld or the Office would be my favorite show. So Drama, Comedy, Sci-Fi, Soap Opera, what other categories?

cheeseisgood1918
09-17-2013, 09:16 AM
I think comedy would be too tough to call for me. Scrubs maybe? I don't know. I would have a difficult time picking one.

Duane Korslund
09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
I'm going with Buffy the Vampire Slayer....Brilliant story telling....the seasons were chained together perfectly....amazing character development....I'm sure there will be plenty o disagreement....but IMHO Joss Whedon created perfection with that show.

cheeseisgood1918
09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
:pI'm going with Buffy the Vampire Slayer....Brilliant story telling....the seasons were chained together perfectly....amazing character development....I'm sure there will be plenty o disagreement....but IMHO Joss Whedon created perfection with that show.

I love his stuff too, but yeah, there's plenty of Whedon hate abound for some reason.

Comix Obsession
09-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Plus, Robert Culp as a selection of the most odious people to grace to the earth. Leonard Nimoy, Bill Shatner, Leslie Nielsen, Jack Cassidy....what's not to love?

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27400000/Adorable-Peter-Falk-as-Columbo-columbo-27473396-576-448.jpg

What's your One Show to Rule Them All?

Robert Culp or Peter Falk? :huh:

Either way, yes, Columbo is awesomely watchable, though I doubt I've ever sat through a full episode. It's one of those things you'd see starting whilst you eat your lunch and just sit through because of it's watchability.

For me, Battlestar Galactica. It's just so watchable, so enjoyable, and a heck of a lot of fun to talk about with other people when they watch (one of my new colleagues at my new job is in the middle of it, it's been good for bonding). It's a fantastic show for Sci-Fi lovers. That or Firefly. Preferably both, because Firefly is also amazing.

Just about to start Breaking Bad season one!

Mr.P.Phlegming
09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm going with Buffy the Vampire Slayer....Brilliant story telling....the seasons were chained together perfectly....amazing character development....I'm sure there will be plenty o disagreement....but IMHO Joss Whedon created perfection with that show.

I'd have to agree, I'd link Angel in there as well, two of the best shows ever IMO

Duane Korslund
09-17-2013, 04:34 PM
I'd have to agree, I'd link Angel in there as well, two of the best shows ever IMO

Definitely! I'm on my yearly Angel 5 season marathon right now (currently at the end of Season 2)...Did my Buffy 7 season marathon about 4 months ago....I never understood the Whedon hate...even his lesser known stuff is great...Firefly never had a change...and Dr. Horribles sing along blog...pretty awesome for a random side piece....the only thing I cant comment on is Dollhouse...never saw it...and his good stuff....whoa nelly....out of the park....Buffy, Avengers, Angel....not to mention the high quality comics...ah well...

Also...just below the works of Joss Whedon for all time best TV....Game of Frickin Thrones!

AthenaRose
09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Doctor Who - fifty years and still going strong. Excellent acting (although some of Jon Pertwee's fighting was dodgy to say the least), amazing writing and awesome baddies.

Oh, and just the fact that John Hurt is appearing in the 50th Anniversary Special is so exciting that it hits any other programme out of the park.

So there! :nyah:

Bishop
09-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Just about to start Breaking Bad season one!

One of us! One of us!

As much as you like season one, just remember... It is the weakest of all of the seasons.

FA
09-17-2013, 06:15 PM
American TV or worldwide?

Worldwide is cool. Whatcha got?

FA
09-17-2013, 06:17 PM
I have a question for you then about Lost. What did you think of the last season? I was extremely dissappointed with it. I felt they built up to this awesome Sci-Fi story and then said "it was all about friendship". I tell people who've never seen it, watch seasons 1-5 and then come up with your own ending because anything is better than what they did.

I was like a battered wife by the last season. Kinda hated it but I had invested so much energy getting to that point I had to see it through

FA
09-17-2013, 06:20 PM

I've never seen anything joss whedon created that I didn't love.

But then, I've never been in his bathroom.

FA
09-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Robert Culp or Peter Falk? :huh:

Robert Culp played a murderer two or three times. In the college episode he was someone's asshole dad.

Buckyrig
09-17-2013, 06:24 PM
I've never seen anything joss whedon created that I didn't love.

But then, I've never been in his bathroom.

Or seen Dollhouse.

cheeseisgood1918
09-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Or seen Dollhouse.

I like Dollhouse for what it was. It was never going to be an enduring classic, but there was a lot I enjoyed about it.

FA
09-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Or seen Dollhouse.

Are you kidding me? Eliza Dushku (affectionately known in this house as 'The Dush') gyrating around in a micromini? What's not to love? It's even good on mute.

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I was like a battered wife by the last season. Kinda hated it but I had invested so much energy getting to that point I had to see it through
I was kinda mad at the way they ended it, every episode I was expecting answers to all the questions they posed in seasons 1-5 and as the episodes dwindled down my anger got worse. They answered nothing.

luXl7AnGpKw

FA
09-17-2013, 06:44 PM
I was kinda mad at the way they ended it, every episode I was expecting answers to all the questions they posed in seasons 1-5 and as the episodes dwindled down my anger got worse. ]

I agree. It was bit more of "an event" or "an experience" than a show.

I would have felt better about it if I had believed the writers knew the answers to all the questions, but it just seemed to be twist after twist after twist.

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I agree. It was bit more of "an event" or "an experience" than a show.

I would have felt better about it if I had believed the writers knew the answers to all the questions, but it just seemed to be twist after twist after twist.

Hopefully writers have learned since then. Lost could've went down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time if they had thought it through, the audience was really expecting those answers. I can't recommend it to anyone because of the last season.
I remember Alan Moore I think saying you should write the ending first and write your way back filling in the gaps, at least have a clear ending in mind. If you ever watch Breaking Bad you'll see how satisfying questions being answered is. They really have it thought out and logical and it makes for a great story. Mad Men seems to keep this in mind as well.

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm on my yearly Angel 5 season marathon right now, Did my Buffy 7 season marathon about 4 months ago.Here's a question, I just watched Buffy seasons 1-3 for the first time in the last 2 weeks, I'd never seen any before that, I loved them BTW. Should I finish Buffy 4-7 first or alternate Buffy and Angel episodes or does it matter?

Buckyrig
09-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I remember Alan Moore I think saying you should write the ending first and write your way back filling in the gaps, at least have a clear ending in mind.

That's kind of difficult to do with an ongoing series. Especially when you have a team of writers and not a single creator...and the fact that the showrunner may even change mid-series.

Newt
09-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Maybe not the best, but my favorite is Futurama. I could watch that show for days. N.B. I haven't seen any of the post-cancellation shows, I hear they're not as good.

ponyrl
09-17-2013, 07:20 PM
Worldwide is cool. Whatcha got?

Kamen Rider Black.

http://kedah2u.com.my/kamen-rider/11-masked-rider-black/masked-rider-black-bikes.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drtndv4024k

Co.Inkadink
09-17-2013, 07:44 PM
I remember Alan Moore I think saying you should write the ending first and write your way back filling in the gaps, at least have a clear ending in mind.
That's kind of difficult to do with an ongoing series. Especially when you have a team of writers and not a single creator...and the fact that the showrunner may even change mid-series.I had a long discussion about this the other night. Marvel and DC should've done this a long time ago, have a Bible or history mapped out, things that can and can't be done, characters that can die* and ones that can't. The writers can either comply or go elsewhere, don't cater to the hot writers whims for the sake of the overall story.
I know it would be difficult to do but would be worth it in the end. If a showrunner or new writer came on board you hand him the Bible and if he agrees to the terms of the story he can stay.

*If you kill a character don't bring them back ever and you would have to have the agreement of everyone before you did it especially if it's a long running character, resurrecctions cheapen the origianl death story.

cheeseisgood1918
09-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Here's a question, I just watched Buffy seasons 1-3 for the first time in the last 2 weeks, I'd never seen any before that, I loved them BTW. Should I finish Buffy 4-7 first or alternate Buffy and Angel episodes or does it matter?

Well, it doesn't really matter, but some of the things they reference will make more sense if you alternate. There are a couple crossover events throughout the series. Mostly early on, but a few in later seasons of both. However, the crossover episodes in both series are largely one–offs, so both series can stand on their own two legs.

cheeseisgood1918
09-17-2013, 09:59 PM
I had a long discussion about this the other night. Marvel and DC should've done this a long time ago, have a Bible or history mapped out, things that can and can't be done, characters that can die* and ones that can't. The writers can either comply or go elsewhere, don't cater to the hot writers whims for the sake of the overall story.
I know it would be difficult to do but would be worth it in the end. If a showrunner or new writer came on board you hand him the Bible and if he agrees to the terms of the story he can stay.

*If you kill a character don't bring them back ever and you would have to have the agreement of everyone before you did it especially if it's a long running character, resurrecctions cheapen the origianl death story.

They should absolutely do that, but by and large that won't happen. Entertainment is a business. They don't make it to cater to folks like us, they create it for mass appeal. If the "hot writer" or showrunner or whatever will bring in ratings, he's going to get pretty much whatever deal he/she wants writing wise. Producers and network execs usually make their decisions based on how much money they can bring the stockholders, which unfortunately means they won't worry about being precious about the story.

Buckyrig
09-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Well, it doesn't really matter, but some of the things they reference will make more sense if you alternate. There are a couple crossover events throughout the series. Mostly early on, but a few in later seasons of both. However, the crossover episodes in both series are largely one–offs, so both series can stand on their own two legs.

There's also the fact that season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel are not the series strongest seasons...so watching them together concentrates a lot of mediocrity.

FA
09-17-2013, 10:18 PM
Kamen Rider Black.

They spared no expense...

Co.Inkadink
09-18-2013, 12:09 AM
There's also the fact that season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel are not the series strongest seasons...so watching them together concentrates a lot of mediocrity.

Is season 4 better than season 1? 1was kind of bland but I slogged thru it because I was told it had some aspects that were important later. I guess I'll finish Buffy and then watch Angel.

Buckyrig
09-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Is season 4 better than season 1? 1was kind of bland but I slogged thru it because I was told it had some aspects that were important later. I guess I'll finish Buffy and then watch Angel.

I'd say it's better. Season 1 is kind of its own thing, different from the rest of the series. 4's problem is that it is kind of all over the place, and the Big Bad is kind of :blink: .

On the other hand, what it probably the best episode of the entire series is in season 4.

Plus, season 4 has Spike. :thumbs:

ponyrl
09-18-2013, 12:39 AM
They spared no expense...
Bah! :man:

Expense does not = good.

It was story and character that drove the show. :)

FA
09-18-2013, 12:42 AM

Yes, yes it does.

[Where is the sexual predator/convicted felon emoticon when you need it?]

FA
09-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Seasons 6 and 7 are phenomenal, but I think you have to have worked through all the other seasons to appreciate quite how good they are. Everything knits together.

Co.Inkadink
09-18-2013, 02:00 AM
What got me interested was Whedons writing. I've heard good things for years and that the character arcs go throughout the series that intrigues me.

Lovecraft13
09-18-2013, 07:18 AM
After last night, the new greatest show of all time is easily Sleepy Hollow. Headless Horseman with a shotgun? I am a fucking fan for life.

Duane Korslund
09-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I'd say it's better. Season 1 is kind of its own thing, different from the rest of the series. 4's problem is that it is kind of all over the place, and the Big Bad is kind of :blink: .

On the other hand, what it probably the best episode of the entire series is in season 4.

Yeah, Season 4 has some of the best stand alone episdoes, but as a whole lacks compared to the rest of the series....

Episodes like Hush, Something Blue, Beer Bad, and Restless raise the quality of the rest of the series...not to say the rest of the season is bad but as Bucky said....its very much all over the place and the themes that do tie together, while important, are sorta "meh"...and yeah the big bad is a little yawn-worthy....still...big things happen in season 4 and its not to be skipped for the sake of the rest of the series....cuz if you went from seaon 3 to season 5, you'd be like "When the hell did that happen?"

AthenaRose
09-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Lost could've went down in history as one of the greatest shows of all time if they had thought it through, the audience was really expecting those answers. I can't recommend it to anyone because of the last season.

To be fair, the first series was kind of experimental - I don't think they expected to have a real hit on their hands. When they did, it was 'oh, crap - we really need to write something, now!'.

But, when they got to that realisation, they should THEN have worked out a proper ending because the one we got was just woeful and clearly made up on the spot with no reference at all to anything that had happened before. :mad:

Duane Korslund
09-18-2013, 09:46 AM
To be fair, the first series was kind of experimental - I don't think they expected to have a real hit on their hands. When they did, it was 'oh, crap - we really need to write something, now!'.

But, when they got to that realisation, they should THEN have worked out a proper ending because the one we got was just woeful and clearly made up on the spot with no reference at all to anything that had happened before. :mad:

Yeah but they had 5 more seasons to figure out what to do....I could sense things were falling to entropy by Season 5. Instead of the good "huh?" you got after watching it, you got the frustrated "huh???"....

The first few seasons felt like it was made up on the spot by a mad genius, wrecked out on Vodka, peyote, and lucas salt....

The last couple felt like it was made up on the spot by a schizophrenic doughnut.

Nitecrawlah2
09-18-2013, 11:46 AM
I loved Lost, and feel like a series apologist for defending that show all the time. It's as if they were like "Hey, people really like all these mysterious questions!", then proceed to develop more cool scenarios and interesting questions without ever considering they'd have to eventually answer most of them.

... I've never watched Buffy...

AthenaRose
09-18-2013, 01:08 PM
I loved Lost - right up until the end. As the ridiculousness of the final episode unfolded I actually felt like crying. Up until that point, there was still a chance for them to pull something brilliant out of the hat. I thought I could see how it was going but I kept hoping against hope that they would give the whole thing a final twist and do something amazing. But they didn't...

I'm currently watching Series 2 of Buffy. I keep expecting Willow to say, 'this one time at band camp...' :D

Co.Inkadink
09-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Yeah I heard this one guy say that he listened to a commentary that said when Sawyer was reading the letter, the writer said "we don't know what's in the letter we'll just figure it out later".

But, when they got to that realisation, they should THEN have worked out a proper ending because the one we got was just woeful and clearly made up on the spot with no reference at all to anything that had happened before. :mad:I really thought they had a big plan and everything would tie together in a remarkable way, especially after the Time Travel Dharma Initiative stuff, but then NOTHING did.

Yeah but they had 5 more seasons to figure out what to do....I could sense things were falling to entropy by Season 5. Instead of the good "huh?" you got after watching it, you got the frustrated "huh???"....
I loved Lost, and feel like a series apologist for defending that show all the time. It's as if they were like "Hey, people really like all these mysterious questions!", then proceed to develop more cool scenarios and interesting questions without ever considering they'd have to eventually answer most of them. They should have answered All of them but I would've been OK with Most of them at the end. I heard that the DVD set answers some questions and I almost punched the screen.

Co.Inkadink
09-18-2013, 05:53 PM
I started to watch season 4 yesterday, I was told to stay away from Beer Bad, Superstar, and Where the Wild Things Are, but everything else is ok. I like it so far I want the team back together more and I miss Cordelia and Angel.

Duane Korslund
09-18-2013, 05:59 PM
I started to watch season 4 yesterday, I was told to stay away from Beer Bad, Superstar, and Where the Wild Things Are, but everything else is ok. I like it so far I want the team back together more and I miss Cordelia and Angel.

Personally I like Beer Bad...and Superstar is kinda quirky, but way outta there...I'd definitely watch those just so you have the experience....they don't really contribute to the overall arc at all though (except some sagely advice in Superstar)....I dont think there's a single episode of Buffy that I'd tell you to stay away from...throughout the series....there's some landmark must see's.Season 4..Hush...Something Blue..Season 5: the Body, Checkpoints a good one...Season 6....ALL OF IT...Season 7: From Beneath You (one of the best single scenes in the entire series in this one IMO)....Chosen....just to name some drops in the bucket!

Buckyrig
09-18-2013, 06:45 PM
I don't know. The middle of season 6 might be the weakest run in the entire show in my opinion.

And the season 6 premiere is atrocious.

cheeseisgood1918
09-18-2013, 09:42 PM
I loved Once More With Feeling. And Conversations with Dead People in season 7.

Co.Inkadink
09-19-2013, 12:08 AM
I hear the musical episodes are really good at this point I can't see how they fit into this universe.

Duane Korslund
09-19-2013, 12:27 AM
Once more with feeling is one of the best of the series imo...and believe it or not...it fits perfectly. Conversations with dead people was one of season 7s weaker ones imo

dx
09-19-2013, 02:49 AM
Season 1 of Hereos....just season 1.

hmmmm...nostalgia....Knight Rider and the Incredible Hulk. Friends also has to be up there.

AthenaRose
09-19-2013, 09:35 AM
I've just rented series 1 of M.A.S.H. I watched it as a kid - far too young to appreciate a) the history and b) most of the humour but I loved the banter between Hawkeye and BJ, especially when they were in the middle of stitching someone back together.

Duane Korslund
09-19-2013, 09:45 AM
I've just rented series 1 of M.A.S.H. I watched it as a kid - far too young to appreciate a) the history and b) most of the humour but I loved the banter between Hawkeye and BJ, especially when they were in the middle of stitching someone back together.

Who was better Charles Winchester III or Major Burns??

Tough call for me...I started watching it when Charles was on, so he was my fav...but Burns was a sycophant and was snuggling Hotlips Hoolihan so....points there!

Duane Korslund
09-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Season 1 of Hereos....just season 1

I'd put season 2 in as well...but yeah after that...kind of a crap-fest

Buckyrig
09-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Once more with feeling is one of the best of the series imo...and believe it or not...it fits perfectly. Conversations with dead people was one of season 7s weaker ones imo

I really liked Conversations with Dead People. The only gripes I have about it are that they couldn't fit Xander in anywhere, and they clearly didn't have their first choice for the Willow portion.

cheeseisgood1918
09-19-2013, 04:58 PM
I really liked Conversations with Dead People. The only gripes I have about it are that they couldn't fit Xander in anywhere, and they clearly didn't have their first choice for the Willow portion.

Both solid points. Especially the Willow part. What the hell was Amber Bensen busy with anyway?

Duane Korslund
09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Both solid points. Especially the Willow part. What the hell was Amber Bensen busy with anyway?

LOL yeah....I saw her in some shitty movie on Sci fi...but that's about it...though I do recall she devoted a lot of time to singing afterwards, maybe she was on tour...I think that's what I truly hated about Conversations with Dead People...the Willow/Cassie interaction felt flawed...we all knew Tara was supposed to be there...and I kinda hated Cassie in the Episode she was featured in....Help

cheeseisgood1918
09-19-2013, 05:06 PM
LOL yeah....I saw her in some shitty movie on Sci fi...but that's about it...though I do recall she devoted a lot of time to singing afterwards, maybe she was on tour...I think that's what I truly hated about Conversations with Dead People...the Willow/Cassie interaction felt flawed...we all knew Tara was supposed to be there...and I kinda hated Cassie in the Episode she was featured in....Help
Yeah, Help to me was the weakest of the season.

Buckyrig
09-19-2013, 05:19 PM
Chris hasn't seen the episodes yet. Use spoiler tags.

Supposedly, Benson didn't want to do it because she didn't want possibly the last appearance of Tara to be of her being mean-spirited. At least I read that somewhere.

Co.Inkadink
09-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Season 1 of Hereos....just season 1.
Man talk about a show that needed a Big Picture guy. They should have had the seasons mapped out and the Powers, they really screwed up the powers.

Co.Inkadink
09-19-2013, 06:00 PM
I just watched Hush last night! Probably my favorite so far, creepy and innovative. I have a friend who has always said SMG is a terrible actress but I think she's great, I never would've known except for this. Willow is a sweet character and adds a lot to the story, Spike is hilarious, especially the one where he and Buffy are engaged funny stuff.

Buckyrig
09-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Hush is the best episode of the series.

Lord Fejj
09-19-2013, 08:02 PM
Sadly you're all wrong. The greatest TV series of all times was, is, and always will be Gilligan's Island! (respectful silence)
Followed closely by Wild Wild West and Hogan's Heroes.

You may now shut this thread down.

Lord Fejj
09-19-2013, 08:03 PM
I am a big Mad Man fan but sorry Breaking Bad has done nothing for me...

Duane Korslund
09-19-2013, 09:14 PM
Sadly you're all wrong. The greatest TV series of all times was, is, and always will be Gilligan's Island! (respectful silence)
Followed closely by Wild Wild West and Hogan's Heroes.

You may now shut this thread down.

Mmmmmm Ginger

cheeseisgood1918
09-19-2013, 10:46 PM
I just watched Hush last night! Probably my favorite so far, creepy and innovative. I have a friend who has always said SMG is a terrible actress but I think she's great, I never would've known except for this. Willow is a sweet character and adds a lot to the story, Spike is hilarious, especially the one where he and Buffy are engaged funny stuff.
SMG is a pretty decent actress imo. As far a being able to emote, and act without saying a single line, there are few better.

ponyrl
09-20-2013, 12:01 AM
Benson.

Thread closerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

:D

Moonrider
09-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Kamen Rider Black.

http://kedah2u.com.my/kamen-rider/11-masked-rider-black/masked-rider-black-bikes.jpg

Goddammit why can't I 'like' individual posts??? :thumbs:

One of the best Japanese superhero show ever, until Saban Production made a travesty out of it.

Heroes had so much potential, it's a shame they couldn't think of anything original on their own without copying any existing comic book plot. Up to this day we'll never know what happened to that Irish girl who Peter idiotically left stranded in the future.

magiktori
09-20-2013, 02:35 PM

she was writing

Lord Fejj
09-20-2013, 07:35 PM
mmmmmm ginger

no no no mary ann!!!!:p