PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Bad: the final episodes

Bishop
09-15-2013, 11:18 PM
Any of you guys watching this? Tonight's episode left me breathless. This show manages to impress me every week. I hate that there are only two episodes left.

cheeseisgood1918
09-16-2013, 02:04 AM
Agreed. In my opinion, the best show I've ever seen. Everything just comes together. Writing, acting, direction. Everything. It's pretty amazing to see.

eDuke
09-16-2013, 03:55 AM
Yeah, this show is great. Like how things are pretty much unpredictable with this series.

Nitecrawlah2
09-16-2013, 05:06 AM
Even when you think you have things figured out. I'm not sure if spoiler tags are necessary, but I'd imagine if you're peering/active in this thread you're caught up. In the earlier seasons Walt comes off as the anti-hero of sorts (hence a lot of the hate for Skylar I'm sure). What this show has done so well is chronicle this mad descent into self delusional villainy with Walt, and tonight's episode hammered that final nail into the coffin for him on that. Crazy!

Co.Inkadink
09-16-2013, 07:35 AM
I feel sorry for Jesse, he's gonna be Meth Damon's B***h for a while now. And what Walt finally told him about Jane, and Hank and Gomie, and...This show has become the greatest show in history. I don't know how it'll end but I think it won't suck.

The telephone call BTW to Skylar was meant to push Implication away from her, him saying "You don't know what I do" and "You'll be punished". The last decent thing he ever did. I think he believes she can still get the money somehow and y'know I think he might pull it off. I think he's going back with the M-16 for Granpa Jack and he'll save Jesse then kill him himself. I think the risen is for his suicide. 2 eps left.

What a show!

cheeseisgood1918
09-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Yeah, the show has always been about how the protagonist becomes the antagonist, the hero becomes the villain. They've done an amazing job with that. Even as bad as Walt has become, you still sympathize with him somewhat. I've read things online where people call him a sociopath, and I don't think that's fair. I think he has a couple fatal flaws, greed and pride, but he feels empathy for people.

I think these last 8 episodes, and this last one in particular, we're meant to show that even after all that Walt has done, he's the same guy as he was at the start of the series, and he's found his mission again, to make things Ok for his family since he's going to be gone. I think what happened with Hank was his final wake up call that there is no possible happy ending for him, but maybe he can still do one last thing for the people he loves. Just like season 1.

Bishop
09-16-2013, 11:38 AM
The telephone call BTW to Skylar was meant to push Implication away from her, him saying "You don't know what I do" and "You'll be punished". The last decent thing he ever did. I think he believes she can still get the money somehow and y'know I think he might pull it off. I think he's going back with the M-16 for Granpa Jack and he'll save Jesse then kill him himself. I think the risen is for his suicide. 2 eps left.

What a show!

The phone call was brilliant, and it showed that Walt still loves his family more than himself despite the things he has done. I definitely think the heavy weapons are for Uncle Jack and his crew, but I am still trying to figure out the Ricin. I think it may be for the lady that is running the show and providing the methlamine. I think the Ricin may find its way into her tea...

eDuke
09-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Next week preview:
zxtN0ri7q-M

Jasen Smith
09-16-2013, 05:54 PM
The phone conversation reminded me of Fight Club. In the sense that I could hear Heisenberg's words coming out of Walt's mouth.
His words were filled with such anger and hate but his face was sadness.
I love this show and it'll be a long time before we get something as good as this.

Nitecrawlah2
09-16-2013, 06:19 PM
The phone conversation reminded me of Fight Club. In the sense that I could hear Heisenberg's words coming out of Walt's mouth.
His words were filled with such anger and hate but his face was sadness.
I love this show and it'll be a long time before we get something as good as this.

Definitely. Some powerful stuff watching him talk on the phone like that.

Co.Inkadink
09-23-2013, 07:18 PM
Last night was intense, any predictions? I want to say a lot but I think he's going to end up alone and everyone dead and he'll commit suicide. I think maybe Jesse might make it somehow???

Bishop
09-23-2013, 09:25 PM
I think they have staged things for a Jesse vs Todd and Walt versus Uncle Jack showdown. I still think Walt will die and Jesse will live.

Co.Inkadink
09-24-2013, 12:05 AM
I think they have staged things for a Jesse vs Todd and Walt versus Uncle Jack showdown. I still think Walt will die and Jesse will live.

I hope Jesse lives somehow and Walts kids get the money or some of it.

cheeseisgood1918
09-30-2013, 12:08 AM
The ending was pretty much everything I expected to happen, with the exception of one detail. Great close to this show.

The Dag
09-30-2013, 01:04 AM
The ending was pretty much everything I expected to happen, with the exception of one detail. Great close to this show.

yeah kinda what a lot of people thought would happen. was the first time in a long time that a show ended and i not annoyed with the end.

cheeseisgood1918
09-30-2013, 12:11 PM
yeah kinda what a lot of people thought would happen. was the first time in a long time that a show ended and i not annoyed with the end.

I felt the same way. Maybe not a huge wow factor to the ending, but satisfying, nonetheless.

Bishop
09-30-2013, 06:02 PM
They ended it well. All loose ends I can think of were tied up. One thing...

At the very end did Walt just bleed out? I had to watch on my iPad and couldn't tell for sure.

Edit: Never mind. I just got to watch it again, and I can see what happened. Dang, that was a great ending to a great show.

Bishop
09-30-2013, 07:06 PM
I felt the same way. Maybe not a huge wow factor to the ending, but satisfying, nonetheless.

Overall, I agree. However, the trunk gun did make me shout "Yes!" as did Todd's demise.

Co.Inkadink
10-01-2013, 07:43 AM
I hope Jesse lives somehow and Walts kids get the money or some of it.
Well they didn't disappoint. I don't think it was predictable even though it was predicted, I mean it still had some good twists and turns and it just went where it was logically headed.

Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul discuss ending of 'Breaking Bad' finale (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-bryan-cranston-aaron-paul/)

Vince Gilligan explains series finale (http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/30/breaking-bad-finale-vince-gilligan/)

18-fun-easter-eggs-in-the-breaking-bad-series-finale (http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/18-fun-easter-eggs-in-the-breaking-bad-series-finale)