ponyrl
09-06-2013, 11:31 PM
I'll let you decide.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INmtQXUXez8

My opinion:

IT LOOKS LIKE SHIT! <--- :whistlin:

Bishop
09-06-2013, 11:47 PM
It's questionable, but it does look better than anticipated.

Aaron Walther
09-07-2013, 12:04 AM
This movie wishes it was Dredd sooooo bad.

Co.Inkadink
09-07-2013, 12:15 AM
BOO! I hate that his wife knows and he seems to know he's human. It takes away all the conflict.

Nitecrawlah2
09-07-2013, 07:40 AM
Honestly the trailer looks much better than I expected. Granted, I think the trailer shows about 85% of the movie already, and Robocop was one of those movies that had that unique sarcastic tongue in cheek overtones of itself within the movie (socioeconomical satire and all) that this movie sure looks to eliminate by taking itself too seriously. The new suit looks awesome, and I geeked out when they showed the classic color variant before they decided to give it a black paint job. Looks like a great cast, crap movie or not I'm sure I'll give it a go in theaters. I hope it has some of that Dredd vibe from that previous flick to give it that extra ooomph.

Comix Obsession
09-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Dredd was excellent, I really enjoyed it all the way through, though it really didn't have anything before it to steer it in any direction (OK, a lot of influences, but the previous Dredd movie really didn't capture the tone like this new one did).

This, however, looks pointless. It's based on a movie that, in my opinion, wasn't that good anyway. Robocop was always interesting for it's effects at the time, but really, the movie was nothing special. In that respect, this version looks like it's following suit, just another 'filler' in the cinemas. I get the nostalgia thing, and I love The Expendables movies because of their referencing all those old 80s/90s action films, but for me Robocop was never that special, and this film doesn't have much to live up to.

Besides all that, the weirdest thing for me is just how boring it looks. We've already seen Robocop, we've already gotten over the excitement of seeing a man in a robot suit. That was 26 years ago. So what can this film possibly do that will excite audiences now? It looks like a film that should have been made as a sequel back when the original came out - it doesn't seem to offer any ounce of excitement at all.

Justice41
09-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Meh The trailer looks kinda like a mix of Will Smith's IRobot and Universal Soldier. Both horrible flicks. Plus it suffers from that too clean look like it's all plastic and just made when it comes to sets. Plus i despise the 45 degree POV camera shots. That typea camera shot just tells me amateur at the helm. Want to see over use of 45 degree POV cam watch Halle Berry's Catwoman.

Buckyrig
09-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Well, if they're going with technophobia, maybe they could have something. But I still think Robocop is an 80s movie, and could have only ever been made in the 80s...you know, when violent crime actually was an epidemic, and movies were over-the-top violent.

sevans
09-07-2013, 07:24 PM
Robocop had a nasty, violent vibe to it (as mentioned above), and a lot of sarcastic commentary about society. It wasn't PC and wasn't trying to appeal to the masses.

This looks like a softened version.... which to me, misses the point.

Moonrider
09-07-2013, 08:10 PM
I'm sure this will be a hit overseas.

sevans
09-08-2013, 02:20 AM
I'm overseas, New Zealand to be exact, and most people that I know who have seen this trailer are NOT impressed.

Comix Obsession
09-08-2013, 07:03 AM
I doubt they will go with the same level of violence with the infamous gang massacre scene that they did in the original. That's still shockingly violent. It looks to me like they are going more '12a' (PG13) with this one.

Either way, like I said, Robocop has always been kind of 'meh' to me. It's the kind of film you'd flick over to during commercials whilst watching something better. It's not got the charm of a lot of 80s action films for me - it's just violence, violence, violence.

Grant Perkins
09-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Of course it wishes it was Dredd, the original Robocop movie started life as a Judge Dredd movie pitch.

eDuke
09-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Seeing if this works.

INmtQXUXez8

Looks like it does. New message code added; youtube
Use it just like the IMG tag but you'll only need the code after the "v=" YouTube gives you.

Example: You only need the highlighted blue text
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JFwECL0Vh6U

This is what you post: but replace { with [ and } with ]
{youtube}JFwECL0Vh6U{/youtube}

Later on I'll create a YouTube icon in the Advanced message posting interface (right next to the insert image icon) to help make it easier for peeps that don't want to enter BBCode manually.

Nitecrawlah2
09-10-2013, 03:44 AM
u5HOt0ZOcYk

Mr.Musgrave
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Robocop had a nasty, violent vibe to it (as mentioned above), and a lot of sarcastic commentary about society. It wasn't PC and wasn't trying to appeal to the masses.

This looks like a softened version.... which to me, misses the point.

I agree with this. There was a raw ugliness to the original Robocop.

Lord Fejj
09-11-2013, 08:29 PM
Ok, I'm the downer...I never liked any of the robocop movies...throw your rocks at me now!

eDuke
09-11-2013, 10:36 PM
The only one worth a damn was the first.

Bishop
09-11-2013, 10:51 PM
Agreed

Buckyrig
09-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Take that, Mike. :nyah:

sevans
09-12-2013, 12:41 AM
First one .... Loved it.

Next two, complete rubbish

ponyrl
09-12-2013, 01:48 AM
But, but, Robocop 2 has the end fight scenes from IM1 before IM1 was created!

I felt they were similar in the feel of the character movements (though I do not know what kind of special effects was used in R2 to animate. Think it was stop-motion.)

I liked 1 & 2 :)

Nitecrawlah2
09-12-2013, 02:23 AM
The first one will always and forever be in my heart. The second one, ehhhhhhhh it gets more of a "Yeah I like it, BUT...". It doesn't hold up nearly as well as the first one.

Comix Obsession
09-15-2013, 08:16 AM
Ok, I'm the downer...I never liked any of the robocop movies...throw your rocks at me now!

I beat you to it about 7 posts ago! Robocop really never was that good. It was exciting for it's time because of the suit, the effects, but it's not an enjoyable watch for me - it's all a bit too grim without any sense of redemption. Sure, Dredd is like that, I guess, but it was just a lot better. Maybe I just don't like movies that are pure violence without anything else.

Co.Inkadink
09-15-2013, 09:00 AM
The first one was good for its time. The stop motion at the end is the only big gripe for me. I liked Wellers performance he took a role that some actors would've hammed up and did it seriously. I actually care about RoboCop in that movie. The part where he's walking through his old house remembering his wife and son really gets to me even now. Great movie! They should have left it alone or done a sequel continuation of the story.

Moonrider
09-15-2013, 09:45 AM
... or done a sequel continuation of the story.

They did that already.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0220008/

I do like the TV series though. Yes it's very very family friendly but it has its own charm.