PDA

View Full Version : Kick-Ass 2

Nitecrawlah2
08-28-2013, 02:49 AM
Just got back from watching it earlier tonight. Anyone else watch it, or read the comics? Thoughts?

nimprod
08-28-2013, 03:29 AM
ive heard that the movie isent doing great on the box office and im wondering if it has anything to do with Jim Carrey issue.

The movies cant be that bad, can it?

Nitecrawlah2
08-28-2013, 04:02 AM
I don't think his statements hurt the movie as much as people thought it would. If anything, I expected it to tick up the numbers if people heard one of the movie's own stars was upset over the violence. The movie itself toned it down compared to the violence in the books, though the suburbs/Mother Russia sequence seemed to relish in its bloody goodness.

The movie was okay. It felt like two different movies, with them shoehorning some of Hit Girl's miniseries stuff into Kick Ass 2's storyline. Without going into too many spoilers, the ending was changed around a bit, but it works within itself (though I would have loved to see more of the police shutting down the "masks" bit). The music cues/score was awful though, really didn't seem to vibe with the movie or perhaps the direction/editing caused it to suffer. The acting reminded me more of the loud comic panel-y feel of Wanted's characters and dialog, moreso even than the first Kick Ass.

What worked in the movie worked really well though. Some great comedic moments, the supergroup, Jim Carrey, Mother Russia. Ass Kicker's whole "opposites" motif was a nice parody on how opposites are portrayed in comics. I would have waited for cable or rental though.

Moonrider
08-31-2013, 03:46 AM
It's funny that Millar make it seem like Kick-Ass is an original idea even though the old Marvel Robocop comics did it first.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070501160727/marveldatabase/images/2/2b/Robocop_09.jpg