PDA

View Full Version : Captain America Script Part 1

whdvorak
08-13-2013, 05:19 PM
Hi Guys,
Here's a Captain America Script just for fun.

Page 1 (1 panel)

Panel 1 (Splash Page)
A very young Steve Rogers is cuddled up to his mother, Sara, as she holds her sleepy son. A single dim lamp, on a small table next to them is the only light. Most of the room beyond them lies in shadows.

CAP:
Harlem, New York 1928

CAP:
I have a lot of fond memories of my mother. She used to tell me stories to help me sleep.

Steve:
Momma, tell me about Grandpa again.

Sara:
Oh Stephen honey, one more story, but only if you promise to go to sleep.

Steve:
I promise Momma, just one more story.

Sara:
All right, one more, then it's straight to sweet dreams for you. As you know, your Grandpa Rogers was a Marshal in the old west...

Page 2 (5 panels)

Panel 1
A prison wagon with barred windows and two men perched atop, drive past a painted wooden sign that says, welcome to Newton.

CAP:
...but not all his time was spent chasing desperado's and bank robbers. Sometimes, your Grandpa Rodgers had to transport prisoners to Jail.

Panel 2
Close up of the two men driving the wagon. Albert Smith is an older and gruff looking cowboy, with a beat up hat and stubble so heavy, it almost looks like a beard. The other is Nathaniel “Nate” Rogers. Nate looks like Steve Rogers except with more lines in his weathered face. Both are dusty from the trail and their Federal Marshal badges are pinned to their vests.

Albert:
Might as well spot here, it'll be dark in a couple of hours. Nate, go find us a bed, while I get this wagon situated.

Nate:
Yes Sir, Mr. Smith.

Albert:
I'm a Marshal same as you son. Just call me Albert.

Panel 3
Close up of Nate giving Albert a wink.

Nate:
If you say so, Mr. Smith.

Panel 4
Nate walks through the doors of the local Inn/saloon, which is visibly marked by a hanging sign above the door.

Panel 5
Nate stands just inside the door of the Inn/saloon looking at an empty common room.

Nate:
Hello!?!

Page 3 (6 panels)

Panel 1
Nate, no longer in the Inn/Saloon stands outside the general store peering through the front window.

Nate:
No one in there either.

Panel 2
Nate stands in the middle of the dirt street looking back at the small town behind him, a slight wind blows up some dust across the dirt road. The town looks very dark in the early evening and not a soul or light can be seen. The town looks deserted.

Nate:
There's no one here.

Panel 3
The prison wagon has stopped outside a large barn. Albert climbs down from the wagon.

Panel 4
Albert stands next to the prison wagon's door, which has a window set with bars cut into it. In the window are the faces of Hugh Darling and Kent Warren, two notorious outlaws. Both are dirty and unshaven men, while Huge is balding and Kent has a lazy eye.

Hugh:
Well, well, well, Kent, looks like we're spending the night here in Newton. Great town, Newton, I spent a week here a while back.

Kent:
I didn't see no Jail round here Marshal. Looks like you're gonna have to put us up like regular folk for a night.

Panel 5
Albert cocks an eyebrow as he speaks to the outlaws.

Albert:
If by regular folk, you mean letting you sleep in that wagon, your right.

Kent:
Aw come on Marshal, that ain't right. We been cooped up in here all day and need to stretch our legs some.

Hugh:
Save your breath Kent. The Marshal here doesn’t want to do that, on account he's afraid of bad men.

Panel 6
Nate runs up to Albert and the prison wagon.

Nate:
Mr. Smith, there ain't no one here. The place is as empty as a church on Monday.

Page 4 (4 panels)

Panel 1
Same view as page 2, panel 1. The sign that says Newton is now a metal highway sign and the Wagon is now a large S.H.I.E.L.D. truck. The truck has a state of the art mobile containment cell, used for transporting super powered individuals.

Panel 2
In the cab of the truck, Captain America sits in the passenger seat, the truck is driven by S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Valdez. Cap has a radio in one hand but is distracted as he looks at the sign they are pass. The Falcon, flying reconnaissance over the town is talking to Cap over the radio.

Falcon (Electronics from radio)
Steve, This place looks deserted.

Panel 3
Aerial view of the Falcon flying over the small town, as the truck drives through. The town should have no more than a dozen buildings.

Captain America (Electronic, via an earpiece The Falcon is wearing):
It's a small town Falcon, people end their days early out here, but keep your eyes open.

Panel 4
Back inside the cab of the truck, Agent Valdez and Cap talk.

Valdez:
Tell me again, why we couldn't fly this guy to Project Pegasus?

Captain America:
The containment field keeping the prisoner in check, interferes with a modern aircraft’s instruments. So we get to do this the old fashion way and drive. Why, aren’t you enjoying the scenery agent Valdez?

Valdez (Continued):
Not particularly Captain, I mean there is a bunch of nothing out here.

Captain America (Continued):
Let's hope so.

Page 5 (5 panels)

Panel 1
Nate and Albert, scan the town, while Hugh and Kent, smile at them from the window in the prison wagon.

Hugh:
You both look like smart fellas, why don't y’all just open this door and drop them pistols and no one's got to get hurt.

Kent:
Or don't drop them. Makes not difference to me, or those fellas down the street.

Panel 2
Looking down the street, Nate and Albert, see twelve men come into view through the dust the wind has kicked up off the street.

Nate:
Albert, you got the break on the wagon don't ya?

Albert:
Sure do, don't want them horses getting spooked from all the gun fire.

Panel 3
The two Marshals dive for cover, Nate, lands behind a water trough while, Albert, ends up behind a small pile of hay bales. Bullets dance around the ground where they were standing and some hit the prison wagon.

Panel 4
From inside the prison wagon, Hugh, screams through the bars. Kent, more sensibly ducks from the window and the incoming fire.

Hugh (Burst):
Careful you idiot's, you're shooting at us too.

Kent (From inside the wagon):
Get your fool head out of that window Hugh.

Panel 5
Ralph Darling, brother of Hugh smacks one of his men across the back of the head, as he screams at all of them.

Ralph:
What kind of fools are you? You're liable to hit my brother with all that wild fire. Five of you come with me, the rest of you stay here and keep them pinned down.

Page 6 (5 panels)

Panel 1
Nate looks over at Albert hiding behind the hay bales.

Nate:
There gonna circle round us Albert. We can't stay here.

Albert:
Well, we can't skedaddle and give them these two fellas.

Panel 2
Albert looks over at Nate and from this view we see the two beaming faces of Hugh and Kent in the barred wagon window again.

Albert:
To tell you the truth, Nate, these two are the least of my worries. A shoot out with this many fellas might get some innocent bystander shot.

Nate:
Their ain't no bystanders Albert, their all hunkered down somewhere, I didn't see anyone in town. I say we get on this wagon and make a break for it.

Hugh:
You're almost right lawman. Their ain’t no folk to get hurt if they did what I told them to and took everyone to the church for safe keeping.

Kent:
Yeah, old Huge here, figured we could use them as hostages if need be.

Panel 3
Nate peeks over the water trough and squeezes off a couple of rounds at the outlaws down the street.

Nate:
Albert, I'll cover you, see if you can't make your way to that church.

Albert:
And leave you here to deal with these fellas all by yourself? That's suicide Nate.

Panel 4
Close up of Hugh and Kent's faces in the barred window of the wagon. The outlaws face's have lost all their humor and are scared.

Nate (OP):
Don't worry about me Albert, or these two either, they won't be able to just take them away by the time I'm done with them.

Panel 5
From the view of the outlaws down the street, Albert dashes from behind the hay bales toward the church.

Page 7 (5 panels)

Panel 1
The Falcon, flies over the town as a group of A.I.M. Henchmen rush from a building. They carry a larger bazooka looking weapon. The A.I.M. Henchmen wear the typical yellow A.I.M. Uniform, but all of them also wear combat webbing and carry an arsenal of weapons.

Falcon (Burst):
Steve we got company! A bunch of A.I.M. Guys just came out of a building with some serious hardware. I'll try to intercept them before they can fire on the truck.

Panel 2
Close up of the cab of the truck, as Cap opens the door to exit.

Captain America:
Valdez, radio in our situation and see if you can get this truck out from the open.

Panel 3
The Falcon, aborts his dive on the A.I.M. Henchmen, because the barrage of fire is so intense it clips his wing and all he can do to avoid getting hit.

Falcon:
Steve, I can't get to them in time...

Panel 4
The A.I.M henchman with the bazooka, fires a thick energy beam from the weapon at the truck.

Panel 5
The energy beam strikes the front of the truck and it evaporates in an explosion. Captain America barely has time to throw himself clear of the explosion.

Page 8 (5 panels)

Panel 1
Avoiding the gunfire from the A.I.M. henchmen, Cap throws his shield at them.

Panel 2
Cap's shield hits the bazooka and destroys it, then ricochets into another A.I.M. henchman.

Panel 3
Captain America's attack, has distracted the A.I.M. henchmen, giving the Falcon an opening to swoop in and carry two of them away by the backs of their uniforms.

Panel 4
Captain America, leaps into the middle of the A.I.M. henchmen, kicking one and punching another.

Captain America:
Falcon, I can take care of these men, go check on the truck and our prisoner.

Panel 5
The falcon, flies the two men he picked up into the side of a building.

Falcon:
Copy that.

Page 9 (5 panels)

Panel 1
The outlaws that circled around, reach the wagon at the same time as the men coming up the street. Hugh and Kent sit outside the wagon, handcuffed to the wagon wheel. Both men have wads of cloth stuck into their mouths.

Hugh and Kent(Through the rags in mouth):
Mmmurph, murrph, murph.

Panel 2
Ralph Darling, gun at the ready scans the area while shouting orders to the gathered outlaws.

Ralph:
Where is that Marshall? You boy's fan out and make sure you check that barn.

Outlaw:
We got Kent and Hugh, why not take off.

Panel 3
Ralph kneels down next to, Hugh and Kent, and removes their gags.

Ralph:
Cause I ain’t leaving no Marshall alive, that can chase me later.

Kent:
He went into the barn all right Ralph. And the older one went to the church.

Hugh:
Be a good brother Ralph and fetch me a key for these cuffs from one of them.

Panel 4
Ralph, sends an outlaw named, Bobby, along with five other me to the church, while he and the remaining five check the barn.

Ralph:
Bobby, take five of these fellas and go to the church. The rest of you get into that barn and find the other.

Panel 5
Through a crack in the hayloft door, Nate, watches the six outlaws as they head toward the church.

Hugh (OP):
You hear that lawman? Were coming into the barn to kill ya. You're a dead man now boy!

Page 10 (5 panels)

Panel 1
Bobby, swings open the double front door to the church, the other outlaws at his back. Bobby talks with who he thinks is Ted seated in a chair with his feet up, and hat slung low covering his face.

Bobby:
Ted! Ted, get up, you lazy good for nothing, one of them Marshals was coming this way.

Panel 2
Bobby, is about to send the men back outside to look, when Albert, who was hiding under Ted's hat, speaks up. From the angle of the panel, we see the population of Newton is huddled at the back of the church. The two dozen people are common folk and look scared. Two rows of pews run the length of the church with the backs of them facing the front door and the outlaws.

Bobby:
All right you fellas get back out...

Albert/Ted:
Wait a second that won't be necessary. The Marshal is right here.

Panel 3
Close up of Albert in the chair as he lifts his head and reveals his face to Bobby and the others. His pistol is trained on them.

Albert:
I'm right here. Now why don’t you boys drop them shooting irons and back against the far wall.

Panel 4
Close up of a sneering Bobby?

Bobby:
I don't think so Old Timer, all you got is one gun and I got six.

Panel 5
From the two back pews in the church, a pair of towns folk pop up with pistols fixed on the outlaws, catching them in a crossfire.

Albert 1:
Oh, I wouldn't say that. I gave my spare pistol to one of these fellas and the other came from your man Ted, God rest his soul.

Bobby:
That's still six to three Old Timer, odds are still in our favor.

Albert 2:
Well you are sharp with the arithmetic. I figure you'll get some if not all of us before we get you, but that's the chance I took when they pinned this badge on. And the folk of Newton are fightin for their homes. What are you fightin for?

Page 11 (6 panels)

Panel 1
The falcon lands next to the remains of the truck. The entire front of the vehicle has been turned into a twisted mess of metal and fire. The back half of the truck is relatively intact, despite being blacked and scorched by the explosion and fire.

Falcon:
The containment unit looks intact.

Panel 2
Captain American punches an A.I.M. henchman while he retrieves his shield.

Captain America:
Run the system diagnostics, from the control panel. The last thing we need is that prisoner getting loose.

Panel 3
Falcon flips down a control panel, connected to the door of the containment unit. The buttons and screen on the control panel are broke.

Falcon:
Negative Steve, it’s busted beyond use.

Panel 4
The metal of the containment cell begins to buckle and stretch as an unseen force pushes on it from the inside.

Panel 5
The last of the A.I.M. henchmen lay strewn about Captain America as he lets one drop to the ground from his grasp.

Falcon:
Ah, Steve something’s happening to the containment cell.

Captain America:
Sam, back down, if that stasis field if no longer active…

Panel 6
The containment cell bursts open like a bubble from the mental force exerted by, Leon Caulwin, the captive inside.

Page 12

Panel 1 (Splash Page)
Leon amongst the wreckage of the truck as whips of energy stream off him. Leon looks very unhappy at the Falcon who is laying on the ground in front of Leon, having used his wings to shield himself. Leon is an average looking man dressed in an orange jumpsuit. Leon's eyes are a solid white and he stares at the Falcon. The Falcon stares back at Leon, dazzed.

Leon:
Free! I'm free!

Captain America:
...there is no telling how Caulwin will react.