PDA

View Full Version : Pedro and Ines

whdvorak
07-30-2013, 11:03 AM
..Here is a sample writing script that I did. It got me the job, but then the artist was over come by RL and the project ended. It's based off a popular Portugese folk tale called pedro and Ines.

Page 1

Panel 1
In the garden of the monastery Alcobaca. Warm Autumn sunshine washes over everything giving it a golden glow. Guards ring a group of nobles dressed in their finest silks and jewelry. The collected nobles appear nervous and uneasy as they are made to bear witness to the crowning of the Queen. The Queen is not seated upon a thrown, or dressed in a fine gown, but lays propped up in an open coffin. The Queen is a decayed skeletal corpse. Before the coffin, on a pedestal is a crown flanked by elderly Bishop Marco and King Pedro. King Pedro's adviser, a thin and well kept man named, Gervasio, leans in to speak softly into King Pedro's ear.

Gervasio:
Your Majesty, it's not to late to reconsider this. Is it really necessary to force the nobles to attend the crowning of Ines?

King Pedro:
Gervasio, I've made my intentions clear, the legitimacy of my heirs will not be in question.

Panel 2
Gervasio, moves before the collected nobility, hands clasped behind his back. Gervasio, glares at the collected nobles. The collected nobles respond with varying gestures. Some hold their heads high and proud. While others avoid eye contact.

Gervasio:
Welcome Lords and Ladies of the court, I do not need to impress upon you the importance of the ceremony you are about to witness. Today we crown the Beautiful queen, Ines, as the genuine queen of Portugal.

Panel 3
Gervasio, comes to stand in front of, Count Maduro Barruta, a particularly large and powerfully built noble. The two men stare into each others eyes unflinchingly.

Gervasio:
You know very well of the treachery and tragedy that led us to this moment, but today King Pedro welcomes you to bare witness to this joyous occasion.

Maduro:
Indeed.

Panel 4:
Gervasio, returns to the Kings side and motions to, Bishop Marco, who stands next to an alter upon which a jeweled crown srests. King Pedro watches the assembled nobles with a wandering and concerned eye.

Gervasio:
Your eminence, If you would be so kind to proceed.

Page 2

Panel 1
Close up of Bishop Marco's hands as they clasp and lift the crown.

Panel 2
Close up of, King Pedro, surveying the assembled nobles, his gaze comes to rest upon Count Maduro.

Panel 3
Close up of Count Maduro's scowling face.

Panel 4
Bishop Marco, raises the crown to place it upon the head of the late Ines. The light plays on the jewels of the crown sending light sparkling on the assembled people.

Bishop Marco:
By witness of God and these assembled good people. By witness of the King himself. I declare that you, Ines Perez de Castro, are now Queen of Portugal.

Page 3 (Splash Page)
Bishop backs away and bows from the propped up coffin containing The corpse of Ines. The crown shines brightly upon the corpses head. The Garden rustles in a gentle breeze moving flowers and grass as birds fly over head. Gervasio, bows to Ines while the assembled nobles do the same. King Pedro watches on disapprovingly as Count Maduro remains standing.

Page 4

Panel 1
As guards close in on the nobles from all sides, King Pedro, addresses, Count Maduro, in a venomous voice and glare.

King Pedro:
Kneel before your Queen, kneel as your King commands it.

Panel 2
Close up of, Count Maduro, as the assembled nobles look at him. In the background, guards can be seen moving forward slowly.

Count Maduro:
My King commands me to kneel before a corpse?

Panel 3
King Pedro, points at the ground as he steps closer toward Count Maduro. As he approaches other nobles attempt to shuffle aside on their knees to not be in the way.

King Pedro:
Kneel before your Queen, Maduro! I went to war with my father over the love for my wife, I will take no, disrespect to my, and your Queen.

Panel 4
Count Maduro, and King Pedro, lock gazes in a silent duel.

Panel 5
Count Maduro, finally goes to one knee and bows his head.

Count Maduro:
As my King commands.

Page 5

Panel 1
A heavy iron bound door opens into a typical dirty and dingy torture chamber. Light streams in through small barred windows high on the wall. King Pedro, enters flanked by, Count Maduro, and followed by Gervasio. In the room, strapped to a table face up and gagged, is a ragged and beaten man. A heavy armed and hairy Jailor watches over him.

King Pedro:
Your lack of cooperation, Maduro, concerns me.

Count Maduro:
Your Majesty knows how I feel and I stand by my words. This ceremony smacked of pagan rites and blasphemy.

Panel 2
King Pedro, comes to stand beside the table where the ragged man is bound. He pays no attention to the man on the table as, Gervasio, hands him gloves, that he pulls on. Count Maduro, Looks from the King to the man on the table.

King Pedro:
Blasphemy! Bah, you worry over nothing Maduro.

Gervasio:
His Eminence, Bishop Marco, performed the crowning himself.

Maduro:
Is this one of the assassins?

Panel 3
Medium shot of the King, Gervasio and Maduro, speaking. The man tied to the table is now off panel as we focus on the men. The Jailor places a dagger into King Pedro's waiting hand.

King Pedro:
Are you a loyal subject, Maduro? I thought I could count on your support to bring the other nobles in line.

Maduro:
I am loyal to the crown my King, but I must be loyal to my God first.

Panel 4
Looking over the Kings shoulder as he thrusts the dagger into the chest of the man strapped to the table. The man strapped to the table can still not be seen in the panel. Blood sprays and speckles Maduro's clothes. Maduro, while not shocked has a look of disgust on his face.

King Pedro:
My god man! The Bishop performed the ceremony.

SFX(Off panel and from man on the table)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

Panel 5
Over the shoulder view of, Maduro. King Pedro, is working the dagger back and forth sending blood spurting and spraying. Gervasio, takes a step back to avoid the blood while the Jailor looks on entertained.

King Pedro:
Do you honestly think, Bishop Marco, would commit heresy simply because I ordered him to?

Maduro:
No your Majesty, I can't see what might compel him to do that.