PDA

View Full Version : More Creative Cloud jibberjabber

Kel Nuttall
07-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Ok, so one thing I've seen people in a panic about is "what if I miss a payment then I can't use it!" I had some trouble with my credit card (hurray, overspending on vacation and forgetting which card you're supposed to be using!) so my CC payment didn't go thru. I got a notice basically saying they switched me to a 30 free account, that I'd still have everything including access to my online storage and any hosted websites would still work and all that. It's all cleared up now, two weeks after my missed payment and there wasn't even a wrinkle in my ability to work.

The other thing I've seen, i think it was on Facebook, was people bemoaning the fact they have slow internet speeds where they live so opening every document would take all day, blah, blah. But once you get the program on your computer, it's ON your computer. The internet was out for a few hours the other night and I was still able to work just fine.

I know it's was a topic of discussion here before, just thought I'd share my experience with it so far. I'm doing enough business that the 50 bucks a month is totally worth it and it's given me more than just PS and AI to play with. I'll be using Muse to finally get a new website put together and I'll likely host it on CC too.

superggraphics
07-29-2013, 07:06 PM
If anyone is loking for an alternative to CC here you go...

http://apps.corel.com/lp/cs/test/test.html?trkid=NAfbads&apcid=50836192

I used Corel before switching over to Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator and it worked for me very well...

G

JimCampbell
07-30-2013, 05:18 AM
I know it's was a topic of discussion here before, just thought I'd share my experience with it so far. I'm doing enough business that the 50 bucks a month is totally worth it and it's given me more than just PS and AI to play with. I'll be using Muse to finally get a new website put together and I'll likely host it on CC too.

Or, alternatively, you thought you'd post this as a new thread to the top of the forum without all the negative comments on the old thread. Particularly since if you'd posted to the old thread you'd have had to explain to me how, under this "totally worth it" deal, my old annual cost of 300/yr was somehow more expensive than the new CC price of 600/yr, as I'd asked you. (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167098&page=2)

Don't get me wrong: if you think this works out financially for you (and I'm clearly never going to convince you that it's not a great deal) then that's great. I have never argued that people who want to pay Adobe more than they're currently paying in order to never own their software shouldn't have the option to do so.

I have, however, argued that Adobe should retain a perpetual license option for those of us who don't want to pay an annual fee for a slew of applications they will never use, and object to the principle of renting their software.

The last figures I saw for Creative Cloud claimed 775,000 subscribers. On an installed base of 12.8M, I'd be curious to know if Adobe normally see a 6% uptake on a major new version of their software, even when offered with a substantial discount.

I'll say it again: if you only ever used Photoshop, CC's single app deal is a passable deal. You'll pay the full retail cost of a Photoshop license every three years or so. You are, however, paying most of the cost of an upgrade every year.

If you used Master Collection, you'll pay the equivalent of an upgrade every 12-18 months.

If you used any other Creative Suite bundle then you are getting screwed on the price, before you even consider the implications of not owning your software.

Cheers

Jim

eDuke
07-30-2013, 12:27 PM
When the new OS comes out for the Mac, I'll probably jump on CC. Just can't take using a 3-year old operating system anymore.