PDA

View Full Version : And the new moderator is...

cyxodus
06-01-2013, 11:51 PM
After a toss of the coin, a roll of the dice and a spin of the mackerel, our new moderator is...paul brian deberry.

I wish to thank everyone who threw their hat in the ring and each one of you were fine candidates. If I can talk Val into adding a third moderator, I'll be sure to keep you all in mind.

Paul...If you have any questions, email me via my About.Me page (http://about.me/pg13).

paul brian deberry
06-02-2013, 12:55 AM
sweet! there is an about me page! I'm signing up.

oh, hey, Hi I'm Paul, I have a smart phone, that I'm told makes me one of the cool kids and a tech hipster or a geek if you wanna talk dirty to me.

I love playing with letters, have been since EDuke started Digital Webbing.

My favorite lettering tip. The "crossbar I" is only used when using I as a personal pronoun. There is one other exception: Acronyms, like S.H.I.E.L.D.

Plus if you don't already know this... it is the writers job to make your job beyond difficult.

your pal Me

L Jamal
06-02-2013, 02:39 AM
My favorite lettering tip. The "crossbar I" is only used when using I as a personal pronoun. There is one other exception: Acronyms, like S.H.I.E.L.D.
I dislike the acronym exception...
I follow the same rules in letter that I instinctively used is writing in all caps and the crossbar I's are only used for the personal pronoun. No other exceptions. I examined my writing back almost 20 years and that's how I always used the crossbar I even before I started lettering.

Interestingly enough, Ed was my first letterer. I would mail him my art boards and he would paste his digital letters unto the board. Maybe I have boards with some of Ed's early lettering and he used the crossbar I everywhere. Maybe the font didn't allow for any other option (this was 1995/6).

lordmagnusen
06-02-2013, 03:58 AM
Congrats!

Thomas Mauer
06-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Good on you, Paul!