PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Kitchen Nightmares?

cheeseisgood1918
05-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Or more specifically, the season finale? Most reality shows I take with a grain of salt, including this one, but this all seems to be pretty legit. And one of the funniest, ugliest meltdowns in the history of both business and television. Yes, I'm mean. But watch the episode and tell me this lady doesn't deserve every bit of it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/05/14/amys-baking-company-kitchen-nightmares_n_3274345.html

Evan Henry
05-14-2013, 11:51 PM
I saw it last Friday and I just knew shit was gonna go down online. The woman was convicted years back of identity theft or some such. They take their servers' tips too, which is all kinds of illegal. I hope they're out of business soon. :)

My favorite bit of the Facebook meltdown was this:

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2013414/rs_560x210-130514150940-560.AMYSBAKERY2.MH.051413.jpg

Gold. :laugh:

Comix Obsession
05-15-2013, 02:33 AM
That was awesome. Thank you for sharing. I'm not a huge fan of Ramsey, but I always end up on his side on these shows because he's the only one who seems to know what he's talking about. But this episode, wow, just wow. This is a nasty couple. I particularly enjoyed his, 'You're not the gangster, I'm the gangster' argument tactic.

CHWolf
05-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Wow. I was going to post this, but figured no one would know WTF it was. I've never seen the show, but the FB page is fascinating! One of their replies was that no one could be laughing as hard as they were about all of this unless they'd wet their pants.

So we must conclude...?

Classic.

Comix Obsession
05-15-2013, 07:18 AM
Ramsay is very famous in the UK, well, infamous, at least. He definitely divides viewers. Sometimes arrogant, sometimes a nice guy, other times a complete asshole. He courts controversy as a hobby, and it's often hard to know what is an act and what isn't. Hell's Kitchen comes from the UK, but in the UK we like to take reality shows to the US because we know the crazy will just multiply exponentially - you Americans are often far less reserved when it comes to acting out, and like this episode shows, it can make for some spectacular car-crash TV.

Here's a clip of Ramsay's show from the UK, where he runs his restaurant serving celebrities and quite often having celebrities come in as trainee chefs. As you can see, he doesn't mind acting like a complete prick for the cameras:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hG6U9WAdppo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duane Korslund
05-15-2013, 09:08 AM
I"m more of a Hell's Kitchen fan....much less of an act there...if one of the chefs screw it...its more understandable to see him fly off the handle.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
05-15-2013, 10:19 AM
I watched a couple of episodes from both shows, but haven't kept up. (I have one of Ramsey's books too) One thing that is more frightening than Ramsey ripping people apart, is some of the actual food...

Buckyrig
05-15-2013, 10:42 AM
You really shouldn't yell at people the way he does around all that boiling water and hot oil. Someone might go Rorschach on him.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
05-15-2013, 03:49 PM
Seeing some of the food fight back would be neat. Some of that steak tartar, or squid or something...