PDA

View Full Version : Webcomic: Monstrocalypse

CHWolf
05-13-2013, 02:09 AM
Another failed start. Went through a couple illustrators on this only to never hear from them after page one.

http://slimebeast.com/art/logos/blackmon.png

Enjoy!

----

Panel One - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Night

This is a dark, somewhat grungy warehouse filled with various CRATES and shelving units full of boxes. This is clearly a well-used facility. We see a SHADOWY FIGURE (STOKES) huddled behind a crate in the distance.

CAPTION: Nondescript Warehouse. Midnight.

STOKES: I haven't located the target. Shel, are you in position?

Panel Two - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

We now see SHELLY as she stands on a scaffold over the warehouse floor. She is wearing an EARPIECE.

SHELLY: Relax, Stokes. I can see everything from here. There's only one, in the middle of the building.

Panel Three - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

We now see Stokes' face, wearing an EARPIECE of his own. He looks incredibly serious as he holds a PISTOL at the ready. It looks as if he might be ready to leap out from behind the crate that conceals him.

STOKES: Remember the INCIDENT in 2010? One is all it TAKES, Shel.

Panel Four - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continious

Stokes pokes his head out from behind the crate, looking very stealthy, his pistol raised.

STOKES: On my signal, move in. Stay low, stay quick, and above all...

Panel Five -- Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continous

We now see a TENGU sitting indian-style atop a crate in the middle of the warehouse. This tiny bird-like humanoid sits about a foot tall and is smoking a traditionally styled asian PIPE.

STOKES: (off panel) Don't startle it.

----

Panel One - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

Stokes is now walking past several crates. He is hunched over, staying low so as to not attact attention.

STOKES: Peg, where are you with my net?

Panel Two - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continous

We now see PEG as she too stalks past a number of crates. She is holding a large POTATO SACK and is also wearing an EARPIECE.

PEG: POTATO SACK. Best I could do.

Back with Stokes. He's peering over a crate, looking confused.

STOKES: Say again?

Panel Four - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

We are now with CLYDE as he leans out from behind a crate, right near the reclining Tengu! Clyde, naturally, wears yet another EARPIECE.

CLYDE: Oh God. I can see the Tengu. Stokes, I'm looking RIGHT at it.

Panel Five - Int. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

We focus on Clyde's HAND as it rests on the crate. A COCKROACH is quickly darting toward it.

STOKES: (off panel) Sit tight, Clyde. Don't make a sound.

----

Shelly still stands on the scaffold. She raises her hands in the air as a small amount of swirling ENERGY surrounds them.

STOKES: (off panel) Get ready, everyone. On my mark. Three...

Stokes is standing by a shelf full of boxes, pistol raised, clearly ready to make a move.

STOKES: Two...

Peg does a deep lunge to stretch her legs, holding the sack at the ready.

STOKES: (off panel) One...

Clyde suddenly LEAPS in the air as he SHAKES the cockroach off of his hand!

CLYDE: UWAAHH!!

Uttetly shocked, the Tengu FLIES into the air! As it does, it not only drops its pipe, but also drops an EGG from its backside. The egg is currently plummeting and hasn't broken yet.

TENGU: SQUAAAP!

----

Stokes now RUNS from his position, presumably toward the Tengu.

STOKES: Dammit, NO!

Peg similarly THROWS the sack aside and RUNS.

PEG: Not again!

Sitting where the Tengu formerly rested is ANOTHER TENGU with shattered EGGSHELL around it.

TENGU: SQUAP.

Stokes and Peg have now met up and are standing back to back. Stokes FIRES his pistol in the air as Peg readies her bare fists.

SFX: (gunshots) POPP! POPP!

STOKES: There goes the element of surprise.

PEG: Clyde! For YOUR sake, start praying I don't get out of here alive!

Above, we see FOUR TENGU flying in circles near the roof of the warehouse. A few of them are POPPING OUT EGGS like there's no tomorrow.

TENGU #1: SQUAP.

TENGU #2: SQUAP.

----

Panel One - Catacombs, Meeting Room - At That Moment

This is a moderately sized room within "the Catacombs", a reconstituted missile silo that now serves as the base of operations for our heroes. Throughout the Catacombs, mediocre office furtniture mixes with large decomissioned pieces of industrial equipment and the like. It's as if the entire fortress was evacuated intact, then someone came in and scattered potted plants, desks, and file cabinets around. Such is the case for this meeting room, which sports a large meeting table, a few chairs, and a large sign at the back that reads "___ DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT". The number space is filled in with a crudely drawn skull. Sitting one one side of the table is DR. KINGSTON. Sitting on the other side is a CORPORATE STOOGE. A FOLDER sits on the table in front of Dr. Kingston.

CAPTION: "The Catacombs", Meeting Room B

DR. KINGSTON: My team should have things well in hand by now, Mister...

CORPORATE STOOGE: Stooge.

DR. KINGSTON: Of course.

Panel Two - Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

The Corporate Stooge mops his brow with a sweaty handkerchief. He seems a bit relieved.

CORPIRATE STOOGE: I appreciate your discretion, Dr. Kingston. The board would have my head if they knew...

Panel Three - Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston leans forward, steepling his fingers as he grins almost evilly.

DR. KINGSTON: It's quite common for creatures to stow away on international shipments, Mr. Stooge.

Panel Four - Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston puts his hand on the folder in front of him. The front of the folder displays a stylized icon of a HAND holding an EYEBALL in its fingers.

DR. KINGSTON: By the by, what exactly was the Handai Corporation SHIPPING to begin with?

----

Panel One - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Suddenly, Dr. Kingston reaches into his pocket. He holds a finger up at the Corporate Stooge as if to silence him.

SFX: (phone, from pocket) DEET-DEET

DR. KINGSTON: Just a moment, I have a call from the field.

Panel Two - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston's expression turns a bit sour as he holds the phone to his ear.

DR. KINGSTON: I see. I'm in a meeting with-

Panel Three - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston turns away from the Corporate Stooge, as if he doesn't want him to hear the call.

DR. KINGSTON: No. No fire... Because flaming projectiles flapping about in an enclosed space can be troublesome. That's why.

Panel Four - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston holds his hand to his mouth now as he continues to angrily talk into the phone.

DR. KINGSTON: They're BIRDS. Their brains are CASHEWS. Figure it OUT.

Panel Five - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston now sits casually at the table and smiles at the concerned-looking Corporate Stooge. He has his hands folded on the table, over the phone.

DR. KINGSTON: Are you a TEA or COFFEE man?

----

Panel One - Int. Darkened Warehouse - At That Moment

Peg and Stokes are still together, but are now huddled by a crate, their clothing TORN and a few spatters of what looks suspiciously like BIRD POOP marking them. Peg is holding her own PHONE.

PEG: He hung up on me.

STOKES: Are you SURE he said "no fire"?

We now meet up with Shelly, who us backed up to the edge of the scaffold as Tengu flitter and flap around her as if they're all insanely terrified.

STOKES: (off panel) Shel, these things seem pretty energetic.

SHELLY: There's too many. I can't focus well enough to weaken them.

Clyde suddenly SLIDES in next to Peg, on the opposite side of her from Stokes. Clyde has been similarly battered and abused by the Tengu. Peg is not happy to see him.

CLYDE: Sorry.

PEG: YOU!!

Enraged, Peg now has Clyde in a headlock, quickly choking off his air supply. Stokes tries to pry her off him.

CLYDE: Naagh! Ah Naggh wanadagh!!

PEG: "I no wanna die"... THOSE are your last words?!

----

Stokes has pulled Peg off of Clyde, who is now on the floor clutching is throat.

CLYDE: Gih. I... *huff*... I SAID "I know what do."

Somewhat horrified by the display, Stokes lets Peg go as she primps and preens herself as if everything is completely normal. Clyde is pulling himself off the floor.

PEG: Ah. Do go on.

Panel Three - Ext. Supermarket - Moments Later

This is a well-lit supermarket in a run-down urban area near the warehouse. Clyde is standing near the entrance.

CLYDE: Come on. I hope one of you managed to hold onto your wallet.

Panel Four - Ext. Supermarket - Continuous

We focus on Peg and Stokes as the walk toward the supermarket. Stokes seems unconvinced about what Clyde's plan might be. Peg is trotting happily toward the building.

STOKES: I have no idea what we're doing here.

PEG: I do. I'm getting some LICORICE, and some CHOCOLATES, and... OOH! A FRUIT PIE!!

Panel Five - Int. Darkened Warehouse - At That Moment

We are now back with Shelly, who is sitting on the scaffold in a small bundle. Tengu are quickly surrounding and waddling toward her as if they have some sort of ill intent. She holds her hand to her earpiece.

SHELLY: Guys? Hello...?

----

Panel One - Int. Supermarket, Garden Aisle - Moments Later

Stokes is now pushing a SHOPPING CART down an Lawn & Garden aisle as Clyde walks ahead of him. Clyde is holding a hand-cranked SEED DISTRUBITOR. (For reference: This is a funnel-like item which a farmer pours seed into the top of, then turns a crank to distrubute the seed randomly from the bottom.)

CLYDE: This should work...

Panel Two - Int. Supermarket, Dried Foods Aisle - Continuous

In an aisle lined with boxes of dried foods, Clyde and Stokes are now loading the shopping cart with many, many BOXES of RICE, though we cannot yet see what exactly the product is. (It's a surprise!)

STOKES: How many boxes do we need?

CLYDE: No way to know, there could be thousands of those flying rats by now.

Panel Three - Int. Supermarket, Checkout - Continuous
Stokes and Clyde, along with their overfilled shopping cart, stand in line at the checkout behind a HEAVY-SET WOMAN with a full shopping cart of her own.

STOKES: Excuse me, Ma'am, can we go ahead of you? It's an emergency.

HEAVY-SET WOMAN: HA! Not a chance.

Panel Four - Int. Supermarket, Checkout - Continuous

Stokes looks on as Peg steps up next to him. Peg has a myriad of STOLEN TREATS half-jammed into every hiding spot her clothes can manage. Stokes seems disapproving.

PEG: Hey.

Panel Five - Int. Supermarket, Checkout - Continuous

This is a close-up on peg as she puts on a pair of outlandish SUNGLASSES. The PRICE TAG still very clearly hangs from one stem of the sunglasses.

PEG: Act natural.

----

Panel One - Ext. Darkened Warehouse - Later

Outside the closed door of the warehouse, Stokes and Peg stand at the ready. Peg has the shopping cart full of boxes, and Stokes is holding the seed distributor.

STOKES: Alright. The building is probably packed with Tengu by now. Stick to me like glue so we can reload immediately.

PEG: Right.

Panel Two - Ext. Darkened Warehouse - Continuous

Stokes holds the door knob as he is about to enter the warehouse.

STOKES: Don't stop. No matter what happens, these things can't get out into the city.

Stokes and Peg have now come through the door, which is closing behind them. Peg pushes the cart as Stokes readies the hand-crank on the distributor. Both strike cliché action poses.

PEG: It's feeding time.

We see Shelly on the scaffold. She is sitting very still, indian-style, as a horde of Tengu contently perch upon her like pigeons on a statue. Almost every part of her is covered except for her face.

SHELLY: h-help... me...

----

Stokes is now confidantly marching through the building, cranking the seed distributor as GRAINS of RICE spread out from it. (Note: The reader should still not KNOW it's rice yet.)

SFX: (distributor) WHIRRR WHIRRR WHIRRR

As Peg follows Stokes, we see the Tenug LANDING behind her, picking at the trail of rice.

TENGU #1: Squap.

TENGU #2: Squap!

Shelly is relieved, nearly collapsing in exhaustion as the Tengu FLY from her body.

SHELLY: Thank the Godesses.

Stokes and Peg reach the back wall of the factory. The shopping cart is empty, and Stokes has run out of rice.

SFX: (distributor) WHIRRR

STOKES: Is that it?

We focus on Peg as she holds up a RICE BOX. We can finally see the word "RICE" on the box as Peg shakes it. It's empty.

PEG: Yup. All out.

We focus on a single Tengu from the start of the rice trail. It seems to hold its bloated belly with its wings as it makes an uncomfortable expression.

TENGU: Squaa...

----

Panel One - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Later

We now see Dr. Kingston as he sits at the head of the meeting table. He studies a PAPER in his hands.

DR. KINGSTON: Rice?

Panel Two - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston puts the paper down and massages his head with his free hand. He seems confused and angry.

DR. KINGSTON: That makes no sense. Tengu ADORE rice. It's a DIETARY STAPLE.

Panel Three - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

We now see that Stokes is sitting at the other end of the table. He sits upright, hands folded on the table, very professional.

STOKES: That's COOKED rice, sir. Uncooked, they eat too much, which expands in their stomach.

Panel Four - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston leans back in his chair, arms folded. He looks as if he now understands the concept.

DR. KINGSTON: Ah! Yes, of course. Genius, Mr. Stokes... pure genius.

Panel Five - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Stokes still sits stoically, as if he's in some highly important debriefing.

STOKES: It was Clyde's idea, sir.

Panel Six - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston leans forward as if he's about to get up from his chair. He now seems dismissive.

DR. KINGSTON: Oh. Well, it's simple science, I suppose any peon could've figured it out.

----

Panel One - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous

Dr. Kingston is now about to leave the room. Stokes turns to him, still seated.

STOKES: What is Handai going to do with all the subdued Tengu, sir?

Panel Two - Ext. Sky - Day (Flash forward)

This is a clear, open skyline. A HELICOPTOR here is carrying a large SHIPPING CRATE by several strong metal cords. On the side of the helicoptor is the Handai Corporation icon.

Panel Three - Ext. Highway - Day (Flash forward)

This is a long stretch of highway. A CARGO TRUCK drives along the span of pavement, a Handai Corporation icon on its side. The SHIPPING CRATE is strapped to the truck.

Panel Four - Ext. Ocean - Day (Flash forward)

This is, of course, an ocean. Amid the literal sea of nothingness is a large CARGO SHIP carring many SHIPPING CRATES. The side of the ship wears the Handai Corporation icon.

Panel Five - Ext. Handai Building - Day (Flash forward)

This is a very large, imposing industrial building right out of some dystopian future scenerio. Upon the dark building is the Handai Corporation icon. In front of the building is a SHIPPING CRATE.

Panel Six - Int. Catacombs, Meeting Room - Continuous (Presently)

Dr. Kingston shrugs absently.

DR. KINGSTON: I unno.