PDA

View Full Version : Thor 2

Evan Henry
04-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Actually looks pretty good. Kinda like what the first one should have been.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7p7rocHEecE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Duane Korslund
04-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Yeah, I'm surprisingly looking forward to this....

dx
04-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Yeah...Marvel is pushing the Sci-fi with this one. Should be visually entertaining at least regardless if you like the plot line or not.

I wish Marvel could make a Green Lantern movie for DC.

ponyrl
04-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Thor's hammer = still looks shitty. :laugh:

Moonrider
04-26-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah...Marvel is pushing the Sci-fi with this one. Should be visually entertaining at least regardless if you like the plot line or not.

I wish Marvel could make a Green Lantern movie for DC.

It's funny since I thought that the first Thor movie is what Green Lantern should have been, tonally. DC tried to rush things by dumping in all of the Green Lantern mythos in one go, while Thor start small and personal. Hal Jordan should have been a cocky pilot like Thor was a cocky prince, not an insecure, clueless dumbass.

Evan Henry
04-26-2013, 11:20 AM
It's funny since I thought that the first Thor movie is what Green Lantern should have been, tonally. DC tried to rush things by dumping in all of the Green Lantern mythos in one go, while Thor start small and personal. Hal Jordan should have been a cocky pilot like Thor was a cocky prince, not an insecure, clueless dumbass.

Yup.

My only problem with Thor was that the earth side of things felt really, really rushed (though not in the same way that the Corps bits of the Lantern movie were rushed/glossed over/butchered). I think it would have worked a lot better if Thor had been physically banished into the body of Donald Blake; the Asgard scenes that started off the film could have been done in flashback once the actual plot of the thing was in motion. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll take their time this go-around.

dx
04-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Yup.

My only problem with Thor was that the earth side of things felt really, really rushed (though not in the same way that the Corps bits of the Lantern movie were rushed/glossed over/butchered). I think it would have worked a lot better if Thor had been physically banished into the body of Donald Blake; the Asgard scenes that started off the film could have been done in flashback once the actual plot of the thing was in motion. I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll take their time this go-around.

Before Thor came out out, I always thought the opening sequence should have been Donald Blake waking up on the street in the middle of New York on a rainy night wondering where he was and why he either no longer looked like Thor or had no memory of being Thor. Then the flashbacks could be used throughout the movie with him finally becoming Thor to defend Earth and return back to Asgard.

Moonrider
04-27-2013, 09:52 PM
I'm not too fond of using flashbacks as a storytelling tool. Sometimes it's good for framing the narrative but other times it's just downright confusing. Also, that would have made for a much darker film because having your hero lost his memories throughout the movie's first and second act is really depressing to watch.

kamikaze
05-03-2013, 09:50 PM
this looks interesting to me too. I thought the first one was good, but rushed it on Earth as well. I did like that cocky asgardian bastard.

dx
05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
I was surprised not to see this trailer attached to IM3. It had the new Superman trailer but no Thor.

The Dag
05-05-2013, 06:20 PM
they had the trail in front of IM3 here.

Bishop
05-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I was surprised not to see this trailer attached to IM3. It had the new Superman trailer but no Thor.

The viewing I went to had the Thor trailer and Man of Steel.

Paul Sanderson
05-07-2013, 01:21 AM
Trailer looks great. I'm looking forward to this one. I enjoyed the first film, too.