PDA

View Full Version : Captain America!! Winter Soldier!!!!

Justice41
04-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Looks like Cap gets a new Costume. Guess they are going halfway to what they have in the comics now.
http://api.ning.com/files/QQm3p09ui8XSgEyZ-z0xoRT-rxyc5gfbWJeCbz5xSuFR3Cvr4pQCA5jJaNPX81xIK*AJIEamt2 avKNVR3Twt*7Y8FQL2uE04/CapsNewSuitImage.jpg

paul brian deberry
04-16-2013, 11:51 AM
Chris Evans needs some color in his face. Dude is too pasty.

p.s. I hate it. If there was one super hero movie that doesn't really need it's hero wearing some dopey costume it's a Captain America movie. They should have gone the route of Hawkeye.

Angel
04-16-2013, 10:35 PM
looks appropriately boring

Justice41
04-16-2013, 11:07 PM
The costume looks like the one he wore after he was shot.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6CcF8vpOnb4/Tja9qeR_qzI/AAAAAAAAAJs/ZKRmAp2Fp94/s1600/Steve+Rogers+Comic+Book.jpg

Evan Henry
04-17-2013, 12:58 AM
Are you sure that pic is new? It reminds me of some concept art from around 2009/2010-ish before they started filming the first movie.

Moonrider
04-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Are you sure that pic is new? It reminds me of some concept art from around 2009/2010-ish before they started filming the first movie.

Yep, it's real alright.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/first-set-pictures-of-captain-america-the-winter-soldier-with-chris-evans-and-scarlett-johansson

Justice41
04-20-2013, 02:02 PM
The costume looks like the one he wore after he was shot.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-6CcF8vpOnb4/Tja9qeR_qzI/AAAAAAAAAJs/ZKRmAp2Fp94/s1600/Steve+Rogers+Comic+Book.jpghttp://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/Winter-soldier-image-2.jpg

Yup, looks like at least this comics version of Cap was easier to get right. Good that Black wider has long hair again. Avengers version looked more like the Wasp.

Paul Sanderson
04-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Suit looks crappy. The one in The Avengers, while not perfect, was far preferable IMO.

Duane Korslund
04-24-2013, 10:33 AM
I dunno..I think its a step in the right direction. Toned down is better for Cap. The Avengers costume was a little too garish for my liking.

Justice41
04-24-2013, 01:07 PM
This suit is just an in between before they reveal the new suit. They have put out other costume designs and the costume I saw looked a lot like the one in the current Cap comics. It has all the weird armor designs and crap.

dx
04-24-2013, 09:41 PM
This suit is just an in between before they reveal the new suit. They have put out other costume designs and the costume I saw looked a lot like the one in the current Cap comics. It has all the weird armor designs and crap.

Because this would work so much better?
http://vinylmationkingdom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/captain-america-marvel.jpg

His uni in the Captain America film was good, the one in the Avengers was just plain campy.

dx
04-24-2013, 09:43 PM
This just looks like a functional costume compared to the silliness of the comic book version or the Avengers version.

http://cdn.mos.totalfilm.com/images/c/captain-america-the-first-avenger-470-75.jpg

Justice41
04-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Because this would work so much better?
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/8/82819/2493383-cap_3_edit_561.jpeg

His uni in the Captain America film was good, the one in the Avengers was just plain campy.

Fixed that for ya. This is close to the design i saw. This is one of the designs for cap in Marvel Now.

dx
04-25-2013, 12:52 AM
Fixed that for ya. This is close to the design i saw. This is one of the designs for cap in Marvel Now.

well...I have to admit...from a logical stance...I like it.

Justice41
04-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Anything happening in the comics will be brought into the movies, just in a real broad way. Keeps what happens in the flicks sorta timely when you don't have a time specific thing going on.

Justice41
05-08-2013, 03:36 AM
Man, they have some Pics online of Mackie as Falcon and man that guy has a weird ass head. Like tweety bird.

Buckyrig
05-08-2013, 12:40 PM
They should make Chris Evans wear chain mail.

Co.Inkadink
05-08-2013, 04:12 PM
They should make Chris Evans wear chain mail.
Yes.

Justice41
06-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Only if the chain mail is made from Vibranium so it can stop bullets. Cap should not be the Male Wonder Woman deflecting every bullet shot. A few to the chest would be fine as long as it only bruises.

Co.Inkadink
06-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Only if the chain mail is made from Vibranium so it can stop bullets. Cap should not be the Male Wonder Woman deflecting every bullet shot. A few to the chest would be fine as long as it only bruises.

Is the shirt of the costume vibranium now? Why does it have to be if its chain mail? It's not gonna happen anyway. Three cheers for the brown white and blue!

Justice41
06-03-2013, 11:59 AM
Is the shirt of the costume vibranium now? Why does it have to be if its chain mail? It's not gonna happen anyway. Three cheers for the brown white and blue!

I think the new costume was just some Kevlar. The vibranium would have to be molded into chain link otherwise it couldn't be used as a flexible material. The Star is on the Chest so the bad guys aim at it. So may as well protect it with the ole chain mail.

Co.Inkadink
06-03-2013, 05:48 PM
The Star is on the Chest so the bad guys aim at it. So may as well protect it with the ole chain mail.
If a bad guy could hit a star on the chest he should just aim for his unprotected jaw. That's what I would do.

Justice41
06-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Easier said than done when a person is constantly moving and at speeds unhuman. Shooters will always go for the center mass shot.

Moonrider
06-03-2013, 10:09 PM
The Star is on the Chest so the bad guys aim at it? I'm guessing the star on his vibranium shield is there for the same purpose.

We all know that kind of reasoning was just a half-baked excuse made by Frank Miller. If every villain/henchmen all concentrate their fire on one spot right in his chest, any armor would still crack and even if it doesn't the repeated shock and impact from the blast will definitely destroy his internal organs.

Bishop
06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
I don't think the point is that the enemies all intentionally aim for the star because it is where bad guys are supposed to shoot. The idea is that the star emblem subliminally draws the focus of the bad guys.

Justice41
06-03-2013, 11:20 PM
The Star is on the Chest so the bad guys aim at it? I'm guessing the star on his vibranium shield is there for the same purpose.

We all know that kind of reasoning was just a half-baked excuse made by Frank Miller. If every villain/henchmen all concentrate their fire on one spot right in his chest, any armor would still crack and even if it doesn't the repeated shock and impact from the blast will definitely destroy his internal organs.

We all know nothing of the sort. I know the instinct when shooting at someone is to shoot at center mass which is the trunk of the body. Having a ready made bright target makes it even moreso a reason to shoot at the emblem on superhero's chest. Snipers aim for the head. Reason why cops wear body armor but not face and head armor. Common sense just isn't that common anymore.

Bishop
06-04-2013, 12:38 AM
Actually most snipers aim for center mass as well.
1. They are shorting from a distance and need a larger target
2. They need the face to id the target for confirmation of a kill

It is a silly Hollywood lie that would lead you to believe that you should aim for the head. If you want to live in a shoot out you shoot for the body where your most likely to hit something. Even if you don't hit the heart you will wound and distract the enemy.

Justice41
06-04-2013, 12:46 AM
besides most people can't shoot and the upperbody is a large target. You'd thing this was common knowledge not just some foolish thing said in a comic. I do know The Punisher has that skull on his chest to draw fire away from his head.

Moonrider
06-04-2013, 02:26 AM
I don't think the point is that the enemies all intentionally aim for the star because it is where bad guys are supposed to shoot. The idea is that the star emblem subliminally draws the focus of the bad guys.

Which will probably result in the same way.

Common sense would say that no matter how well equipped you are, the main idea should be to not get shot at all. Which is why I don't see any SWAT operative paint a huge skull on their armor.

Unless you deliberately invite people to shoot your chest (okay, Batman may benefit to this because it helps create the illusion of him being an unkillable creature), I don't see any other benefit of that besides for decorative purposes.

In the dark, sure okay I can stretch my imagination so far to believe that The Punisher's skull symbol will keep criminals from blowing his face off. In better lit places? Not so much.

Remember that scene in Ghost Protocol when Hawkeye asked Ethan Hunt how he knew that the red blinking light on a floating body would work as a distraction? That was a subtle jab for movie cliches. You just gotta expect that your opponents are stupid enough to fall for it.

Comix Obsession
06-04-2013, 09:59 AM
Haha, a bunch of comic book nerds talking about what snipers and gunmen do when handling a weapon! That's why it doesn't matter in comics - because nobody really knows otherwise! It's like Robocop - he's indestructible and yet they leave his face half-revealed. All that machine gun fire and he's never hit in the jaw? Heroes have never been bullet-proof in the comics (except Superman and Batman, I guess) and there are always huge, huge flaws in the designs and logic in these stories. That's why they remain fantasy, and why this film can't be held up to a realistic light and 'figured out'. It's also why I love going to see these movies.

I won't deny it is interesting to discuss - but ultimately these movies will fall apart if you attempt to bring in logic and reason.

Baron Spider
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Robocop's face is just skin wrapped around a robot head (to make him more human and less frightening to civilians.) All he has of Murphy are some organs.

Justice41
06-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Some of you may not remember or even know about those two robbers a few years back who were armored up to the neck and the cops shot them multiple times and did no damage until they brought in snipers and armor piercing rounds. The robbers had armor piercing rounds as well. Happened in California. Was a huge deal.

Toyandgadgetguy
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Some of you may not remember or even know about those two robbers a few years back who were armored up to the neck and the cops shot them multiple times and did no damage until they brought in snipers and armor piercing rounds. The robbers had armor piercing rounds as well. Happened in California. Was a huge deal.

1997 North Hollywood. Led to huge firearm restrictions in CA.