PDA

View Full Version : New Doctor Who series

AthenaRose
04-01-2013, 04:38 AM
So, what did we think?

Personally, I loved it. It completely restored my faith in Moffatt as a writer.

I love Clara - she reminds me of Donna by not falling in a grateful heap at The Doctor's feet. She's definitely going to give him a run for his money and I'm really looking forward to seeing her do it.

And the return of the Snowflake Monster (or whatever Richard E Grant is!) bodes well, too. I was really annoyed by the way the Christmas episode introduced a really interesting enemy and then went nowhere with it. Hopefully, we'll see it develop over the next few weeks.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
04-01-2013, 08:37 AM
I really liked it too. Didn't think it was perfect, but totally enjoyed it. I very much agree about Clara, Donna sprang right to mind as I watched the episode. Actually, this is what sprang to mind: "Donna Noble has left the Library, Donna Noble has been saved..."

I like that Clara seems very smart, and isn't putty in the Doctor's hands. Not yet anyway.

The Triumph was pretty cool too. I was SURE it was a Norton - at first glance it looked just like my Sig Other's Commando, but my son said "ben non, voyons... it's a Triumph *insert son's rolleyes at mom's total ignorance*"

:laugh:

And I gotta watch again because I could swear I saw the face of a previous Doctor in the opening music/credits thing. Really briefly. I'll tentatively say I think it was Christopher Eccleston's face, but gosh knows maybe not.

AthenaRose
04-02-2013, 01:40 PM
There was a face but I assumed it was Matt Smith's.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
I haven't had a chance to look again. Maybe it isn't...

But it has been confirmed that David Tennant and Billie Piper are making an appearance in the 50th anniversary episode... squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!