PDA

View Full Version : Retro Movie Group - Part 1 of ?

CHWolf
04-01-2013, 01:00 AM
I was thinking it might be fun to start a regular "retro" movie discussion thing... maybe weekly, or whenever someone wants to post a new one.

Heck knows we all agree the entire forum needs more topics of discussion.

Okay? Okay! LET'S GO...

I know this film has probably been mentioned here and there on DW over the years, but I wanted to set aside a new topic just to discuss...

http://slimebeast.com/posters/poster.php

THAT'S RIGHT!! I am not ashamed.

This is my absolute favorite film. YES there are plenty of detractors but I know that a lot of people like myself owe some personal growth to this movie.

So what about you? Have you seen it? Did you like it? What was your favorite part?!

Sorry if I'm gushing - it's just that movies like this are so few and far-between nowadays and I don't think Hollywood can ever hope to capture that spirit again... :\

Steven Forbes
04-01-2013, 01:25 AM
Not the biggest fan of the Sleepaway Camp franchise. It just seemed to get worse with each film.

Evan Henry
04-01-2013, 01:34 AM
The first two were alright. By the time they got John Novak and Sean Connery's son in there, the whole concept had kind of lost its appeal.

Angel
04-01-2013, 04:07 AM
The first one was the bomb. Of course the ending was insane and great, but even the rest of the movie was and still is completely impossible to replicate, probably because so much seemed so unintentional. The goofiness, the bizareness of some of the killings. No sequel should have ever been made. The ending was so perfect...

The effect being so simple and weird, the reaction shots, and they way they panned around, then just ended the movie there leaving you there at that point to just process it all.

Angel
04-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Also It would be great to see Sleepaway Camp in a dvd bundle with Magic and Funhouse...filed under weirdo thrillers

Moonrider
04-01-2013, 04:29 AM
What happened to the Fifth Element poster? Not retro enough?

Duane Korslund
04-01-2013, 09:41 AM
I thought the only real great thing about Sleep away camp was the ending....but then, didnt we all become somewhat desensitized during that time to slasher flicks?

CHWolf
04-01-2013, 11:51 PM
I feel stupid saying this on Digital Webbing, but can we stay on topic, guys?

The Dag
04-02-2013, 12:40 AM
i'm not kidding i thought about making a thread like this.

CHWolf
04-02-2013, 02:05 AM
In the end it just came down to who considered his time least important. XD

Comix Obsession
04-02-2013, 02:07 AM
Why did the movie change from yesterday? An April Fools that didn't work?

Today, 'The Last Temptation of Christ', yesterday some other random film?

CHWolf
04-02-2013, 02:14 AM
It didn't not work. There's a random poster every time you load the thread, not by different days. :B It seems like most who replied happened to be the ones who saw Sleepaway Camp.

Evan Henry
04-02-2013, 02:27 AM
I caught on after I accidentally closed the thread (first I saw was "Temptation") and opened it again to reply. I rambled off some stuff about the Wishmaster franchise, which isn't even one of the posters. :laugh:

CHWolf
04-02-2013, 04:10 AM
:B

Could've went over better, but considering how few folks are coming here, I feel it caught a resonably nice set of victims. XD

But this shows we should really have a Retro Movie Club!! O_o