PDA

View Full Version : uncanny xmen..anyone reading this?

kamikaze
03-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Ive reading this and I do like the way this is going, especially with Cyclops. He's turned into the Mutant leader of the revolution. sounding alot like Magneto used to. Him and Emma still creeps me out, though

Lovecraft13
03-19-2013, 07:29 PM
I'm not really sure why Cyclops rolls with Magneto. Wasn't he the last person to kill Jean Grey?

Troy Wall
03-19-2013, 10:52 PM
Magneto killed her in Morrison's run and Wolverine responded by decapitating him. Marvel couldn't have Magneto off the board so they had the great Chuck Austen retcon it all by saying it was never really Magneto in Morrison's stories. It was really just...some unnamed guy...with powers exactly like Magneto...who happened to look just like Magneto...and also possess Magneto's memories and opposing view to Xavier's dream...who dressed up like Magneto for reasons unknown...

You know, a good and sensible plot development.

ponyrl
03-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Magneto killed her in Morrison's run and Wolverine responded by decapitating him. Marvel couldn't have Magneto off the board so they had the great Chuck Austen retcon it all by saying it was never really Magneto in Morrison's stories. It was really just...some unnamed guy...with powers exactly like Magneto...who happened to look just like Magneto...and also possess Magneto's memories and opposing view to Xavier's dream...who dressed up like Magneto for reasons unknown...

It was that clone of magneto, Joseph, that died saving the earth back when Alan Davis and Fabian Nicieza were on the book. Maybe? :huh:

Lovecraft13
03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
I heard it was that unpopular mutant character, Shenanigans, with the power to underwhelm you.

Troy Wall
03-20-2013, 08:56 PM
It was that clone of magneto, Joseph, that died saving the earth back when Alan Davis and Fabian Nicieza were on the book. Maybe? :huh:

Nah, they actually never even bothered to describe who it "really was". Austen half-arsed a piece of an explanation, saying that Xorn was a real person and not just Magneto's disguise. And that Xorn had a brother...also named Xorn, lol...who might have been who Magento "really was". Jesus, why are we even talking about this sad mess......:laugh:

JordanRodrig
03-21-2013, 04:06 AM
I haven't gotten into it, I had my fun with the "Avengers vs Xmen" story arc. Anyone read that? Jeez, it was something else.

Duane Korslund
03-21-2013, 09:52 AM
X-books are so convoluted I'll probably wont ever read another one....too much to wade through I suppose.

MBirkhofer
03-21-2013, 11:07 AM
comics everybody!

Comrade Hero
03-24-2013, 01:35 AM

When in doubt blame it on a Doombot...

kamikaze
03-27-2013, 12:01 AM
true. There are too many Xmen books, I bought the wrong one. The one with beast going back in time to get the scott when he was younger to convince his future self....forget it.

dx
03-31-2013, 04:47 AM
It was nice when there was only uncanny....now not so much. There's like 4 titles plus offshoots...I think there's two X-Forces also.

magiktori
04-01-2013, 02:33 PM
uncanny is the only x book i read and that's only cause magiks in it they should publish a uncanny gn with all the x books in it monthlly i bet theyd make uven more money

kamikaze
05-03-2013, 10:04 PM
in uncanny, some of those new mutants scott and company recruited are gonna be something, especially Tempus. She's smart and has an interesting power

Troy Wall
05-05-2013, 05:21 PM
I've never understood Magik. I couldn't even get through the latest issue of Uncanny because it was all about Magik growing her devil horns and being in that hell dimension she travels to. When she transforms into "Dark Chylde" or whatever...ugh...so stupid.

The reason I don't understand Magik being in the X-Men is she seems like a Dr. Strange type character, not a mutant. What exactly is her mutant power? She teleports but I think she uses that sword she carries, which is like a mystical artifact akin to Dr. Strange's toys. I know she travels to that hell dimension but if that's her power it's likely the worst mutant power ever...the ability to travel to a place where no one wants to go, and each trip there prompts a Dr. Strange villain like Dormmamu attacking her. What a power.

Lovecraft13
05-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Exactly. The next step in human evolution is to... venture into hell? I understand the bingo card of mutant powers might be filling up after a couple of decades, but still...

Hell (no pun intended), having the ability to talk to animals would make more sense.

magiktori
05-08-2013, 12:24 PM
her mutant power is the teleport it was messed up b balasco alternate illyanas don't port to limbo.