PDA

View Full Version : Colin Farrell

Mwynn
03-17-2013, 10:40 PM
This guy has to have dirt on someone in Hollywood, not one of the movies he has "starred" in has made money. His current highest grossing movie is Minority Report which he was just along for the ride on. SWAT came close yet that was all about Sam Jackson. So his official starring role highest grossing movie is Miami Vice which raked in 63 million. http://boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=colinfarrell.htm&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm

Angel
03-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Yeah. What an asshole.

CHWolf
03-18-2013, 02:29 AM
I wasn't aware that none of his films made profit - but it makes a lot of sense.

There's that old saying about some actors being "the poor man's" this or that... like a bootleg knock-off of a more famous person they look/behave/sound like.

Maybe he's one of those. Russel Crowe, maybe? Just in that he has that hooligan bullshit about him. I dunno. He's in the crapper as well, it would seem, so yeah.

Buckyrig
03-18-2013, 10:17 AM
In Bruges was fantastic.

Justice41
03-18-2013, 04:53 PM
Farrell was supposed to be the younger Tom Cruise. Seems he doesn't fit the "suit".

CHWolf
03-19-2013, 01:25 AM
In Bruges was fantastic.

I've heard this, but it was on my Netflix list below "London Boulevard", so I nixed it in protest.

The Dag
03-20-2013, 01:29 AM
In Bruges was fantastic.

yes

Comix Obsession
03-20-2013, 09:35 AM
Your reasoning is backwards. If he had dirt on someone in Hollywood, that would surely be a reason given for success?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Despite the amount of asshole celebrities that get famous JUST for being assholes, I think actors don't really get the same votes. People don't want leading men and women to be assholes in real life, they want the good guys and the nice girls, y'know, the ones we can respect off-screen - to be in the movies. I do, anyway - I have no respect for successful people who can't be decent people out of work. Farrell isn't likeable nor is he someone I can relate to in any way. He's not a bad actor by any means, but he doesn't come across as someone you'd want to spend any time with, and as such, he's not someone you want to root for.

The Dag
03-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Your reasoning is backwards. If he had dirt on someone in Hollywood, that would surely be a reason given for success?

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Despite the amount of asshole celebrities that get famous JUST for being assholes, I think actors don't really get the same votes. People don't want leading men and women to be assholes in real life, they want the good guys and the nice girls, y'know, the ones we can respect off-screen - to be in the movies. I do, anyway - I have no respect for successful people who can't be decent people out of work. Farrell isn't likeable nor is he someone I can relate to in any way. He's not a bad actor by any means, but he doesn't come across as someone you'd want to spend any time with, and as such, he's not someone you want to root for.

but he was having hit movies when he was in the headlines for being a drunk asshole. i nver see those headlines now and he is doing shitty. he should just stick to smaller movies were he isn't a star.

CHWolf
03-23-2013, 07:55 PM
Do yourselves a favor. Mentally recast all his fillms with Will Farrell.

"I'm BULLSEYE, Mr. Daredevil. Bullseye. They call me that because I frequently hit bullseyes with incredible accuracy. I started out as 'The Good Thrower'."

Comix Obsession
03-24-2013, 01:20 AM
but he was having hit movies when he was in the headlines for being a drunk asshole. i nver see those headlines now and he is doing shitty. he should just stick to smaller movies were he isn't a star.

But I would argue that it's because of those headlines that he now doesn't have a solid career. He was in the headlines as a result of his fame as an actor, not a successful actor as a result of his fame in the headlines. It's like Russell Crowe, how much do you hear about his antics nowadays, since he's settled into less and less high profile roles?

Farrell is a bit of a joke, really. The only people that like drunken idiots who fight with strangers are themselves and their idiot friends. No one else has any respect for people like this. I honestly believe his bank-ability as a star has been directly affected by his bad press (which to be honest, he brought on himself). You can be a major success story without controversy, but unfortunately the World today seems to love to hate everything.

The Dag
03-24-2013, 02:47 AM
But I would argue that it's because of those headlines that he now doesn't have a solid career. He was in the headlines as a result of his fame as an actor, not a successful actor as a result of his fame in the headlines. It's like Russell Crowe, how much do you hear about his antics nowadays, since he's settled into less and less high profile roles?

Farrell is a bit of a joke, really. The only people that like drunken idiots who fight with strangers are themselves and their idiot friends. No one else has any respect for people like this. I honestly believe his bank-ability as a star has been directly affected by his bad press (which to be honest, he brought on himself). You can be a major success story without controversy, but unfortunately the World today seems to love to hate everything.

people love stupid people and drunk people. if they didn't then half the tv shows on cable wouldn't be on.

Comix Obsession
03-24-2013, 11:53 PM
people love stupid people and drunk people. if they didn't then half the tv shows on cable wouldn't be on.

They love laughing at them. They love watching their trainwreck lives go full-throttle into a wall for their own amusement.

I'm sure some people actually do love these people, but again, idiots. Why would anyone love the Kardashians or the Osbournes or that other idiot E! presenter America seems obsessed with? One of two reasons: they love to watch these people's unbelievable stupidness every day, or they actually are an idiot themselves.

But we're not talking reality TV. These people don't have respect from many ordinary folk, and they aren't being filmed because they are intelligent, good-natured people. They are being filmed for the shock value, and that's it. If they were in movies, again, they would likely not have a successful career because how could you stand to watch someone you know is a complete moron in real life? I'm not talking about IQ here, either. I'm talking someone with very little respect for themselves, and no shame.