PDA

View Full Version : Business card critique

Haas
03-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Hello Gents,
Can anyone give suggests/critiques on this business card I'm working on.
Thanks
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b139/tazbat/comp2online.jpg

t_orzechowski
03-20-2013, 06:28 PM
It's pretty good but pretty dry. The lawn looks good as it gets taller. No one's going to notice that it's a repeating pattern.

Since Darryl's name is part of the headline, I'm all for using upper-and-lower case, which is more attractive in a long statement. The block-extended font works well for this condensed space. The slogan line does well by being in Italic, but it's noticeably smaller than the information immediately to the right. This secondary matter should all be the same size, since the print format will be so small. The slogan line ought to be the only thing in Italic.

The text block has problems, primarily that it goes on too long. Since this is for a business card, I think you ought to use Helvetica or something similar (though not extended), which would be stronger than a Roman font. Typically, the services offered comes first, in the plain font. Darryl's name, following that, ought to be Bold. The phone number and email address, for contrast, should be plain again. No one's going to not see them. Following that, the Estimate lines should be Bold.

Since there's the offer of a free estimate, I think "Reasonable Prices" is one line too many. The term "free estimates" always bugged me, as no one charges for estimates. "Call Today For An Estimate" might do as well. The stretched font you used looks out of place, though I understand why you used it. No one's going to not see it if you just put it in Bold.

Make of this what you will!

Scribbly
03-20-2013, 10:22 PM
I would put the phone number and email after the last sentence.

Daryl Nelson's Lawn Care
We do your yard work while you relax.

Seasonal clean-ups
Lawn maintenance
Reasonable prices
Free estimates

Phone: 555-555-555
Lawn care @gmail.com

The "Call today" sentence sounds cheese advertisement for a Business card.

Haas
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the input gents.
Haas formerly known as Static.

ColbyAddison
03-23-2013, 11:17 AM
Not sure what it's worth, but my eyes want the taller grass on left to help with some of that empty space a little. I agree with previous statements as well. Looks good.

dx
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
also ...post it smaller. It's a business card...right now it's hard to read due to the size.

There is also a lot of negative space on the left. It visually makes the card look off balance/weighted to the right.

Comics Commando
03-31-2013, 05:22 AM
Break it up, as Scribbly suggested.

Contact info definitely last.

Also, fix the mispellings. BOO!

And consider a better name for your service/company? Sounds pretty bland.

Kurt Hathaway
khathawayart@gmail.com