PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone set up their work station?

NicShaw
02-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Hi guys!

Little bit of what I guess is a technical question.
For those of you lettering digital, how do you set up your work station?
What do you use for your work?
Mac or PC? do you have a Wacom tablet? What's around you while working? etc etc.

HdE
02-25-2013, 01:53 PM
I currently work on a modestly-powered Windows based PC, using a 2 monitor set-up.

I've got a Wacom Bamboo tablet permanently plugged in, but I only ever use this for drawing things like wobbly balloon tails and layer masks.

I use Adobe Illustrator CS3, and the second monitor is mostly for me to arrange all the various tool menus and whatnot. I also keep the script for whatever project I'm working on open there so I can cut 'n' paste text quickly.

As for stuff I have to hand... well, COMICS! Seriously - I have a low shelf in my desk where I purposely keep books that have inspired me to do my best, most creative work. Sometimes, if I'm called on to design something wacky, I'll leaf through them to soak up some ideas.

A steaming mug of coffee is always a safe bet, as well.

Steeven Labeau
02-25-2013, 03:55 PM
My Mac Mini is my faithful ally for six years now. I use the Creative Suite 3, a Wacom Bamboo tablet for coloring, a 20’’ monitor and two external hard drives: one for my completed work, and the other one for Time Machine.

I don’t plan to upgrade my current material in the immediate future, unless it stops working or if I really need a more recent software and hardware for a particular project.

In the same room there’s a drawing table and a shelf with books I use for references and inspiration.

superggraphics
02-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Here is where I do all of my important lettering and prepress production work. I was hoping for an upgrade on the PC laptop (loaded with Illustrator 8.0 and Photoshop 6.0) but I suppose that Santa felt I was a bad boy this past X-mas! However I did receive a bag of coal (not pictured) to power the little bugger and a new box of crayons (Thank God)! Well there's always hope for next year!

http://i50.tinypic.com/34q4g2c.jpg

G