PDA

View Full Version : My inking test page

zetpam
02-20-2013, 01:01 AM
my inking test page, Pencil by Ardian Syaf

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/050/6/a/batgirl_13_inking_test_page_by_visunu-d5vhyik.jpg

JOinks
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Your crosshatching is good but the lines on Stephanies costume on her sides and under her arms could use a little fattening up lol. I can't think of any other word to use. What did you use on this?

Rob Norton
02-24-2013, 04:12 PM
i can see that you are putting forth a really good effort and i think you are on the right track. its good. but...in all honesty, i think you lost SO much of what made the pencils work. if i were a penciller that got this back i would be severely dissapointed. the pencil work has so much life and energy and most of that is gone.

a few examples...

i know its super hard...i cant do it either, but in places like panel 4 with the girls ass/leg that is close to us, the feathering of lines from the solid blacks into the white area doesnt..."feather" enough. not enough line variation i think.

thats another thing..in SOME places there are line weights and other place there are none. i know that if done right, the lines can have a single thickness...but its kinda tricky to know how to do that right.
in panel 2 with the girl that is in front..the pencils on the hair look great...but your inking turned it into nothing but small thin lines with no variation and no "life" to it. and the girl behind her, your inking on her mouth is terrible.

panel 3, on the girl on bottom...your ink line on the chin is wobbly and weird..it doesnt translate the pencils at all and to my eye totally changes the figure...it doesnt have the confident sharp line of the pencil.

so those are just some thoughts. im guessing this was done digitally...? i cant speak for how hard digital inks are cause ive never tried, but ultimatly the results should be the same whether traditional or digital, ya gotta SEE what the penciller is doing and make sure you translate that correctly. otherwise you can ruin an amazing pencilers work.

but keep sharing.. keep posting..!!!!! i want to see more

rob