PDA

View Full Version : Logo Help

NicShaw
02-15-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi guys,

Recently I've been working on a book, and we're nearly at out pitching stage, but I'm having trouble with creating a logo. I'd like some help!
Obviously I'm not asking for someone to make one, I just want a gentle push in the right direction.

The title of the book is 'Mac Hammer'

Then the subsequent books will be 'Mac Hammer and the something of something' - Like Indiana Jones!

For a little bit of context:
The book is about a WW2 Pilot who is shot down over a mysterious island inhabited by Nazis, Dinosaurs, Vikings, and Pirates. If the book is picked up, our hero will continue through an alternate WW2 fighting against all manor of crazy creatures!
We've kind of explained it as James Bond meets Indiana Jones with Dinosaurs, with an unlimited SFX budget ...

Here is a pin-up to get your creative juices flowing!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/pinupy.jpg/

Thanks in advance to all those that help me out!
YAY!
:banana:

NicShaw
02-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Sorry that the image isn't straight on the forum, I forgot to resize it, and it was HUGE!

Inkspot
02-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Keep it simple.

Try a test with Blambot's Trash Cinema, or go poke around under Retro and Headline fonts on 1001freefonts until you find a combination you like for ONE BIG LOGO and a few story titles to get the full range of the smaller font.

Just on the front pages of 1001ff, there's stuff like Anchor Steam, Crime Wave, or Earths Mightiest. Should get you started, anyway.

Good luck!