PDA

View Full Version : FourZeroFour

CHWolf
01-22-2013, 12:47 AM
Messing around again. Comments? Critique? Crap? Crows? Cranes? Cranberries? Creepy-Crawlies?

http://piclocker.com/images/651404logo.png (http://piclocker.com/view.php?filename=651404logo.png)

NicShaw
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
I like the second from the top, It's clean, nothing clashes, and it's easy on the eyes.
Nice work!

Co.Inkadink
01-22-2013, 08:27 AM
I like the bottom 2 the red and blue. I like it without the outline nice and simple.

Evan Henry
01-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Looks pretty cool! The line you added to the 4 make the "R" reading plausible is a little distracting in the outline versions, but they still get the point across. Those last three are kinda awesome, tho.

paul brian deberry
01-23-2013, 12:30 AM
The last one is more comic bookie, the other meh.

t_orzechowski
01-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Sorry, but I don't like any of 'em. You're being too clever. By inserting differently colored, angular faux numerals within forced-block letters, the message is completely obscured to a casual glance. Also, the overall spacing is way off. I wish I could offer something more constructive.

CHWolf
01-24-2013, 12:15 AM
Thanks for the crits. I actually had all the letters flush with each other and moved each one out exactly X spaces, so all I can think is if you've picked up on varied spacing it might be an issue with converson/DPI? Hmm.

I'll look into that.

Comics Commando
02-02-2013, 02:46 AM
I'm with Tom...the differentness becomes a sameness.

Yeah, you're trying to be clever, but 99% of those who look at it either won't "get" it--or won't appreciate it.

But that doesn't mean you can't sell the client on it.

I have clients all the time who pick the worst of my offering--but I offer 15 to 20 very different designs.

But one time I sold a client an idea he told me up front he DIDN'T want...but I did it up anyway--and he had to sheepishly admit--it was great.

Clients are funny.

Kurt Hathaway
khathawayart@gmail.com