PDA

View Full Version : Final Fringe

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
01-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Tonight is the pre-end show... Next week the two-parter, and then that's all they wrote.

:cry:

But just in case, I have a rock stash and tissue box stash both at the ready for next week. Ready for anything. If it ends like Lost, goodbye TV. :rolleyes:

Duane Korslund
01-11-2013, 04:02 PM
What? You dont want them all to be dead, but not at the same time, but in different points in time, so that they have to wait on each other, and eventually be together even if some of the others, and sometimes important ones dont make it into their weird Hippy Commune in heaven, or the afterlife, or whatever matrix like construct that they believe it to be?

That would be a disappointment?

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
01-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Well... when you put it that way... Yes. It would be a disappointment. Unless Mulder and Scully were there too, that might make it easy to take.

Duane Korslund
01-11-2013, 05:33 PM
that or a kid and a snowglobe....

Biofungus
01-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I need a shower...

Lovecraft13
01-11-2013, 08:17 PM
This season of Fringe has been its worst, which isn't saying much because the show was never really any good. I mean, if the "recover the tapes" occurring plot device wasn't stupid enough, I loved the whole "Peter is now an Observer. Oh, wait, nah" concept. Or that the lead cast just uses their old lab, and no one notices a derelict lab is now brightly lit or fully functional or that no one even bothers to cover up the windows. Or how the show never even explains how global the occupation is, or why 6 billion people just rolled over and accepted it. Or that people continue to live and work and raise families without any kind of real oppression. Or how these seemingly intelligent Observers couldn't spend an afternoon tracking down the Walter Bunch with probably minimal effort.

Top shelf television. I'm surprised it made it out of the first season.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
01-12-2013, 08:39 AM
Like, Batmen and X-people are any more credible? I definitely agree the show has it's faults (hence the rock in one hand for next week, just in case). BUT, there have been many episodes that were really outside the box, and I thought the whole idea of the show is a good one. I really do. Not quite up to Doctor Who, but Fringe did find its feet eventually, and it was great to see the chances the show took, throwing in some "out there" ideas and a couple of major character evolutions. Like September.

Lovecraft13
01-12-2013, 12:31 PM
I liked the last season a lot, simply because they stopped focusing on the convoluted multiverse and went back to telling better, self-contained stories.

Gonzogoose
01-12-2013, 11:11 PM
I have loved this series since episode one, and this last season has contained some of the most emotionally charged episodes of the series. There is no cast better than this one, they are all fine actors, and this season has served to answer all the questions we've been wondering about since day one.

This is my absolute favorite television series, and I'll be very sad to see it go. But I have a feeling I'll be satisfied with the ending. We shall see.