PDA

View Full Version : Amish Mafia

cheeseisgood1918
01-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Somehow this exists (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/amish-mafia/about-the-show/about-the-show.htm), and it isn't being actively ridiculed by any of us. We need to remedy that right away. Who would like to get the ball rolling?

Biofungus
01-05-2013, 02:23 AM
Last year my friend and I visited Lancaster. As we were coming up to an intersection, we heard loud, blaring rock music. There were other tourists there, so it didn't surprise me. However, when we came to the intersection, it was just us, and a teenage boy in a horse drawn cart. The music was blasting from the carriage. Radio, plus batteries, plus rock music. This guy was as gangsta as the Amish get. True story.

Co.Inkadink
01-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Time for Weird Al to make a comeback.

Bishop
01-05-2013, 03:01 AM
They'll make you a (wooden) coffer you can't refuse.

cheeseisgood1918
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Last year my friend and I visited Lancaster. As we were coming up to an intersection, we heard loud, blaring rock music. There were other tourists there, so it didn't surprise me. However, when we came to the intersection, it was just us, and a teenage boy in a horse drawn cart. The music was blasting from the carriage. Radio, plus batteries, plus rock music. This guy was as gangsta as the Amish get. True story.

Was he listening to these guys?

http://www.electricamish.com/barncovr.jpg

Buckyrig
01-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Somehow this exists (http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/amish-mafia/about-the-show/about-the-show.htm), and it isn't being actively ridiculed by any of us. We need to remedy that right away. Who would like to get the ball rolling?

Oh please. How much of that do you think really represents whatever kernel for the show idea they found?

cheeseisgood1918
01-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Oh please. How much of that do you think really represents whatever kernel for the show idea they found?

Are you asking how grounded in reality I think it is, or whether or not the clips and explanations are not very indicative of the shows content?

Either way, who cares? It's gonna be another show just like Breaking Amish filled with half truths and flat out bullshit, and that's funny to me. Also, it's called Amish Mafia, which is sort of antithetical and reminds me of one of our local high school teams here. The Plainfield Fighting Quakers. Fighting. Quakers. Makes me laugh every time.

Newt
01-05-2013, 05:03 PM
I was exposed to a marathon of this show while visiting relatives. It's about as exciting as you would imagine. Also, Discovery claims it is cable's #1 show.

cheeseisgood1918
01-05-2013, 10:56 PM
I was exposed to a marathon of this show while visiting relatives. It's about as exciting as you would imagine. Also, Discovery claims it is cable's #1 show.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being pants shittingly awesome and 1 being just kind of awesome, how hollow and empty does your soul feel now that you've watched it?

Newt
01-06-2013, 01:18 AM
I don't know, I can't find it.

Biofungus
01-06-2013, 02:09 AM
I don't know, I can't find it.
Sit through a few of those Sarah McLachlan pet commercials, it'll come back to you.

The Dag
01-06-2013, 04:24 AM
i really was looking forward to this show. its to fake.

jeffo46
01-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I started watching it over a week ago and I'm laughing my ass off just looking at this Merlin character. He's a amish crimeboss with a midget henchman ? OMG, this has to be the best comedy going on TV today.