PDA

View Full Version : Snyder off Swamp Thing, on Superman

Lovecraft13
12-18-2012, 02:45 PM
It's no secret I think the DC reboot was a creative failure, Superman being its biggest causality. The only books I liked were and are written by Synder. But now he's leaving Swamp Thing, and will be jumping over to Superman with Jim Lee. Here's the interview:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/18/scott-snyder-on-superman-jokers-reign-of-terror-leaving-swamp-thing-and-the-future-of-american-vampire

Personally, at this rate, I think Snyder's will eventually go the way of Geoff Johns: overused to the point of creative burnout. People love Johns, I get that, but he peaked at Sinstero Corps and Infinite Crisis. His current stuff is mediocre. I'm sure the dude's a nice guy, but nothing stands out anymore.

dmh_3000
12-18-2012, 09:47 PM
I think the big difference between Johns and Snyder is Snyder knows and accepts his limits, which is why he's put American Vampire on hold for now. Johns took everything that was given to him and I can't remember him ever talking about being at his limit, though I might have missed it.

I think Snyder is smart enough to know when to say no. And with how popular he is now, DC would be stupid to penalise him if he did.

Paul Sanderson
12-20-2012, 06:29 PM
Nothing in the 'New 52' has been particularly good. Snyder's work on Batman is ok, but hardly warranting all the hype it's gotten around here. I've seen just as good, and better, quite often on the Bat-books in the past. The rest of the 'New 52' is a complete waste of time.

Snyder's smart, yes, but if DC are throwing money at him to do this and that, he's gonna do it. Him going the way of Johns (as Lovecraft says) is a firm likelihood IMO.