PDA

View Full Version : Lone Ranger

Evan Henry
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
Or Dark Shadows With Cowboys... Or Pirates of the Caribbean 11, or... something. I forget.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LoVhgaj6PiE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't have it as a PDF, but I have read a detailed plot synopsis of this movie. It's as bad as you can imagine, only with more Depp.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Where's the Lone Ranger trailer?

Really? Does Hollywood just buy the names of the characters now? Do they ever look at the source material at all? This movie Man of Steel and Star Trek don't look anything like the characters they are supposed to be about. Why don't they create original characters to tell these stories instead of hijacking someone elses creations?

CHWolf
12-12-2012, 04:12 AM
If you don't have it saved as a PDF on your computer at home, I really couldn't give less of a fack what you say.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 05:23 AM
I think I know the plot. It's wild wild west meets Frank mlllers the Spirit.

Biofungus
12-12-2012, 06:51 PM
Big mistake. It seems they are trying to cover up Depp visually (so you're not thinking "He doesn't look like an Indian" the entire time) so you focus on his acting, yet in doing so the visuals are WAAAAY more distracting...

Also, I never really did get the moniker. Why is he the Lone Ranger if he's got Tonto by his side?

"He's coming. Him and his Indian sidekick."

"Just him? A solitary, lone Ranger."

"I said he's got an Indian coming with him, too. And they're on horses, so that's like, four of them altogether."

"A lone Ranger..."

*sigh*

dx
12-13-2012, 03:48 AM
Big mistake. It seems they are trying to cover up Depp visually (so you're not thinking "He doesn't look like an Indian" the entire time) so you focus on his acting, yet in doing so the visuals are WAAAAY more distracting...

Also, I never really did get the moniker. Why is he the Lone Ranger if he's got Tonto by his side?

"He's coming. Him and his Indian sidekick."

"Just him? A solitary, lone Ranger."

"I said he's got an Indian coming with him, too. And they're on horses, so that's like, four of them altogether."

"A lone Ranger..."

*sigh*

I believe Tonto is a Native American and not a transplant from India.

back to your point....The Lone Ranger was a Texas Ranger who was betrayed and left for dead. He comes back as a Ranger but not a Texas Ranger, making him the Lone Ranger with companions.

I Think.

Co.Inkadink
12-13-2012, 05:17 AM
The Lone Ranger tv show is on Netflix and this is not it. This is a vehicle for Johnny Depp and SFX.

Evan Henry
12-13-2012, 07:10 AM
If you don't have it saved as a PDF on your computer at home, I really couldn't give less of a fack what you say.

Something Punisher, something... sodomy?

Did I do that right?

Co.Inkadink
12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
You know the Lone Ranger is supposed to be the Great Grandfather of the Green Hornet. The son of the Green Hornet is a new hero
The Lonely Horny Green Ranger.

Evan Henry
12-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Green Hornet

Was that movie about as bad as the trailers were? I get a similar dig-up-beloved-characters-and-murder-them-with-forced-puns-and-Seth-Rogen vibe from this movie as well.

I guess the next logical step in this trend is Doc Savage... starring Will Ferrell!

ld-airgrafix
12-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I think depp actually has some American Indian blood in him, at first I thought this was going to be a comedy, with that crow hat and all.

Bishop
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Was that movie about as bad as the trailers were?!

Worse

Moonrider
12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I kinda liked The Green Hornet. As a parody of The Green Hornet.

Paul Sanderson
12-15-2012, 12:32 AM
This looks REALLY crappy!

dx
12-23-2012, 12:38 AM
I saw a new preview yesterday and it looks far worse then the original trailer indicated.

Biofungus
12-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Can box office receipts be a negative number? We're about to find out!

Paul Sanderson
12-25-2012, 09:39 AM
With Depp in it it'll probably end up making a tonne of money :yawn:

Jasen Smith
12-27-2012, 02:45 AM
Showed my wife the trailer to this awhile back she said, "Ugh, they're making another Pirates of the Caribbean?"
As the trailer kept going, "Is this Pirates....is that Jack Sparrow?"
Then the title shows, "What? It looks like Pirates of the Caribbean."

I laughed, then sunk down into the couch thinking, she's right.

CHWolf
12-27-2012, 03:01 AM
That's clearly not a sparrow on his head.

TOTALLY different movie, see?

Biofungus
12-27-2012, 05:47 PM
Well, didn't they sort of promote him at some point? (or at least talk about it) from Captain to Admiral? Guess that promotion comes with an upgraded bird, too.

CHWolf
12-27-2012, 08:23 PM
There was more than one Pirates film?

DarkKni9hT
12-28-2012, 02:21 AM
Not really. They just made the same one four or five times. Cheaper that way than hiring a whole new writing team.

CHWolf
12-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Idea: Pirates of Somolia. Let's see just how convincing Depp can be.