PDA

View Full Version : Balloon Tail Creation

Digital-CAPS
12-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Can someone please show me where I can learn the "conventional" method of creating a tail, where one side of straight and the other is curved?

Comiccraft used to have a tutorial about this, but I cannot find the way they did it. I tried it, but it just didn't look right.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Symson
12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
You can find it here. http://www.balloontales.com/tips/index.html?type=lettering&start_point=11

Digital-CAPS
12-08-2012, 08:42 AM
That's the one I was looking for. Thanks.

JimCampbell
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM
Hah. I know which job you're pitching forů!

:-)

Cheers

Jim

Digital-CAPS
12-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Ha ha, then if you're reading my mind, I got it, Jim ;)

However, they've told me I can go with my OWN tail style for the first book and they'll let me know if they hate it or not, ha ha. I really just never liked the "standard" much. Just my preference. Now I have another problem. I finally updated and installed CS6 over here (from CS3) and I've got all my preferences set, but one thing is nagging me and I don't know how to make it go off. I use an Intuos 3 Wacom tablet to letter, and when I go to move something around, it "lags" and keeps it's outlined appearance even past when I let off the hold button. It goes away within a couple of seconds, but it's quite annoying and is slowing me down.

Any ideas what that is or how to make it go away?

Symson
12-09-2012, 02:22 AM
That's the one I was looking for. Thanks.

You're welcome. Happy I could help.:happy:

JimCampbell
12-09-2012, 04:24 AM
Ha ha, then if you're reading my mind, I got it, Jim ;)

Hmmm. Nice of them to let me know I didn't. :-|

Bah.

Jim

Digital-CAPS
12-09-2012, 06:20 AM
I didn't think I did at first and am still only going to be on limited duty for now. I'm sorry he did not contact you. I well know the feeling. I've spent 10 years not being picked, lol. Better luck next time, Jim. You're an awesome letterer ;)

JimCampbell
12-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I well know the feeling. I've spent 10 years not being picked, lol. Better luck next time, Jim. You're an awesome letterer ;)

Hah. Clearly not awesome enough!

Thanks for the kind words, though, and best of luck with it!

Cheers

Jim