PDA

View Full Version : New Superman Movie still

Justice41
12-03-2012, 05:25 PM
Wonder what the storyline is that causes this?
http://s3.amazonaws.com/coolproduction/ckeditor_assets/pictures/10427/original/mos1s.jpg?1354562544

Duane Korslund
12-03-2012, 05:26 PM
jaywalking?

Co.Inkadink
12-03-2012, 05:30 PM
What did Elvis do?

Duane Korslund
12-03-2012, 05:33 PM
maybe its the fashion police behind him...

Bishop
12-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Supers lost his underwear. Indecent exposure.

Co.Inkadink
12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
I didn't know JJ Abrams was directing this?

Co.Inkadink
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Man this picture has me excited about this movie! Just as excited as the trailer! I can't wait to see Superman Hitch Hiking and working on a Fishing Boat! I can't wait for this Digital Snake Looking Ballet Costume with a 10 foot cape! This will be the Bestest movie evar!

CHWolf
12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
Tonight we've learned that Superman was found in a highly guarded compound in the Arctic. A team of elite Navy Seals were mobilized...

OR

It's a typo. "Man of Steal".

He was shoplifting lip-liner.

OR

Supes takes a trip through Arizona.

Justice41
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Is this how colorful this new costume will be? So used to those muted color pics but have seen a few other more colorful pics now.
http://www.chartmovieinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/henry-cavill-superman-man-of-steel-costume.jpg

The Dag
12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
superman goes away. zod comes and takes over the usa. zod wants superman. superman turns himself in.

Justice41
12-03-2012, 11:20 PM
Naw the hand cuffs are a human thing. Supes would only do that to show humans he means no harm not another Kryptonian

dx
12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
He's being arrested by the new Utilitarian Fashion Police!

On a side note,.....way to show up Brian Singer on creating an even worst version of Sups uniform.

Justice41
12-04-2012, 02:37 AM
He's being arrested by the new Utilitarian Fashion Police!

On a side note,.....way to show up Brian Singer on creating an even worst version of Sups uniform.

Oh so you haven't seen the New DC 52 version of Superman?
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/New-52-Superman-Statue-7_1341860279.jpg

CHWolf
12-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Soldiers are probably MPs bringing Supes to interrogation/meeting w/big man or whatnot.

Dollars to donuts the Gov has Kryptonite.

Co.Inkadink
12-04-2012, 02:42 AM
Oh so you haven't seen the New DC 52 version of Superman?
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/New-52-Superman-Statue-7_1341860279.jpg

Thats Gaymazing!

Eliseu Gouveia
12-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Those cuff are SO begging to be broken they probably volunteered for it.

Moonrider
12-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Thats Gaymazing!

IRL we would probably say the same thing about men who wear their bright colored briefs on the outside.

CHWolf
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Don't knock Super-Iron Man.

Angel
12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I read that they were adding the red briefs digitally to get them right and carbon fiber pattern is for motion capture tech and is unfinished.

Bishop
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I read last week that Snyder was upset that Warner wouldn't let them use the briefs.

Biofungus
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
*sobbing*
"Really? I can't?

"No, Zach. No red tights"

*sobs more* "This is Spar... "

"No, Zach. Sorry."

*weeps into his hands* "this is sparta..."

*patting Zach on the shoulder* "I know pal. I know."

Co.Inkadink
12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
I read last week that Snyder was upset that Warner wouldn't let them use the briefs.

He shoulda pulled a Nolan and did whatever he wanted.

POST 300 This Is DIGITAL WEBBING!

Duane Korslund
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Tonight we dine on krypton!

CHWolf
12-04-2012, 06:12 PM
... Why is Lex Luthor Iranian?

Lovecraft13
12-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Superman downloaded Superman Returns illegally on the net.

Bishop
12-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Totally not worth it

Biofungus
12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
So he was the one...

dx
12-09-2012, 05:57 PM

What we need is, "More Random Lines"....yes, yes,....now do it to everyone.

dx
12-09-2012, 05:59 PM
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/DC-Collectibles-We-Can-Be-Heroes-7-Pack_1354713280.jpg

Everyone!

Digital-CAPS
12-09-2012, 08:06 PM
No matter what your problem with it is, you all know you'll all go see it. Mission accomplished :D

Justice41
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I kinda wish they had included the collar like th comic version.

Moonrider
12-10-2012, 08:21 AM
http://www.toyark.com/news/attach/1/9/9/9/DC-Collectibles-We-Can-Be-Heroes-7-Pack_1354713280.jpg

Everyone!

This is one of the reason why New 52 never got me interested. An alien visitor from Krypton, a billionaire, an amazon princess, an atlantean king, a regular forensic officer, and an intergalactic cop couldn't possibly have the same fashion designer. Well, unless Bruce Wayne paid for all their costumes.

CHWolf
12-10-2012, 06:25 PM
"It doesn't have to make sense - it just has to look good." - All Killers of Comic Industry

Duane Korslund
12-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Its been a long day and its late, but is it my imagination or does Superman look like Jay Leno?? I'd say that's a definite redesign...

CHWolf
12-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Fabio, Sally Jesse Raphael, Zooey Dechanel, Jay Leno, Jack Palance, Adam Sandler, and Shoehorned in Cyborg.

I probably misspelled some of those, but meh.

Troy Wall
12-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Is Jon Peters still the producer? Will we finally get to see Braniac fight a polar bear outside the fortress of solitude?

nimprod
12-11-2012, 02:35 PM
the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KVu3gS7iJu4

Co.Inkadink
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
the new trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KVu3gS7iJu4
Where's the Superman Trailer?

Co.Inkadink
12-11-2012, 04:23 PM
No matter what your problem with it is, you all know you'll all go see it. Mission accomplished :D

Dang It you're right, I will go see it.

Co.Inkadink
12-11-2012, 05:05 PM
Clark: Should I have let them Die?
Pa Kent: Maybe

John Scneider would be rolling over in his grave if he was dead, I know Glen Ford is.

Biofungus
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
This is one of the reason why New 52 never got me interested. An alien visitor from Krypton, a billionaire, an amazon princess, an atlantean king, a regular forensic officer, and an intergalactic cop couldn't possibly have the same fashion designer. Well, unless Bruce Wayne paid for all their costumes.
It's not the similarities in design, but the overall crappiness. In "The Incredibles" nobody had issues that Edna designed the costumes of most of the major heroes. The concept works. It's the execution...

Justice41
12-11-2012, 06:13 PM

John Scneider would be rolling over in his grave if he was dead, I know Glen Ford is.

it's editing, probably not even answering the question about what to do.

Moonrider
12-11-2012, 07:31 PM
It's not the similarities in design, but the overall crappiness. In "The Incredibles" nobody had issues that Edna designed the costumes of most of the major heroes. The concept works. It's the execution...

The difference is that in The Incredibles they acknowledged that all the heroes have one tailor. Even so, her costumes look diverse enough to give each heroes distinct characteristics. In New 52 there was no concept, no plausible explanation on why every hero look the same. It makes New 52 seem less believable as a universe and look more like Jim Lee's wet dream.

Co.Inkadink
12-11-2012, 07:50 PM

it's editing, probably not even answering the question about what to do.
They sure want us to think it is.

This is not your Dad's Superman.

It's Zak Snyder's SUPERMAN!

CHWolf
12-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Balls in your face.

Balls of steel.

Justice41
12-11-2012, 10:59 PM

They sure want us to think it is.

This is not your Dad's Superman.

It's Zak Snyder's SUPERMAN!

Yeah but that's the whole deal right, get you wondering get you thinking get you excited or at least curious. It's what trailers do.
I like the direction this flick is going. It does seem to take it's cues from that Hoody wearing Superman storyline from last year.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah but that's the whole deal right, get you wondering get you thinking get you excited or at least curious. It's what trailers do.
I like the direction this flick is going. It does seem to take it's cues from that Hoody wearing Superman storyline from last year.

Yeah but I want a Superman movie not zak snyders version that will be redone eventually. I want another Superman The Movie that holds up as a Great Superman movie 35 years later not the flavor of the week.

Bishop
12-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I thought it looked pretty good. I'm actually looking forward to this one now.

Justice41
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah but I want a Superman movie not zak snyders version that will be redone eventually. I want another Superman The Movie that holds up as a Great Superman movie 35 years later not the flavor of the week.

Every version of any character in a movie is going to be a version of that directors. Just don't watch the movie and wait another 20 years, or stop whining.

Jon Dahl
12-12-2012, 11:00 AM

Then save up two hundred million dollars, and make the movie you want. ;)

nimprod
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM

wait, what?

i dont want to see Co.Inkadink's version of superman :nyah:

Eliseu Gouveia
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I want another Superman The Movie that holds up as a Great Superman movie 35 years later not the flavor of the week.

1978 Superman doesn´t exactly hold, 35 years later.

I´ve seen people bored to tears by it.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 02:57 PM
wait, what?

i dont want to see Co.Inkadink's version of superman :nyah:You didn't like Superman the Movie?

Bishop
12-12-2012, 03:22 PM

Yep. I loved it as a kid, but it doesn't hold up. Superman 2, especially. It's still better than Superman Returns, though.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 03:38 PM

True but it holds up better than Superman Returns and a lot of other Superhero movies where they changed literally everything. 50 years from now people will still be watching it and they won't be watching those other movies. At the time you had 50 years of Superman comics and that was the character you saw onscreen. Now you will see Zak Snyders version and if it bombs you will get another version a few years down the road. I understand that the comics don't even have a standard version now but it would be good to have one that is universally recognized. It just astounds me that the director is calling attention to himself with DCs flagship character and they don't seem to care.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 03:39 PM
Every version of any character in a movie is going to be a version of that directors. Just don't watch the movie and wait another 20 years, or stop whining.

That's true to a certain extent but not all directors call attention to themselves, some of them just want to tell the story.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 03:40 PM

I'm about 37.50 short.

Justice41
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
That's true to a certain extent but not all directors call attention to themselves, some of them just want to tell the story.

Sounds more like you just have issues with Snyder. I've only seen 3 of his flicks and I liked em for the most part. Watchmen was exactly like the comics....BORRRRIINNNNGGG SNOOZEFEST! Not Snyders fault. The other two flicks haven't seen em.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Sounds more like you just have issues with Snyder. I've only seen 3 of his flicks and I liked em for the most part. Watchmen was exactly like the comics....BORRRRIINNNNGGG SNOOZEFEST! Not Snyders fault. The other two flicks haven't seen em.
Nope. I liked 300 and Watchmen. I wish he would've tried to stay as true to the source material as he did in those films. It proves he can but he wants to make his mark on the high profile movie.

Once again it's about the singer not the song.

Justice41
12-12-2012, 05:53 PM
As I said, you have an issue with Snyder. It's really silly to expect a robotic approach to directing. Robotic approaches produce paint by numbers rom com crap

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 05:55 PM
As I said, you have an issue with Snyder. It's really silly to expect a robotic approach to directing. Robotic approaches produce paint by numbers rom com crap

I guess I have an issue with any directors who want to tag everything in a movie instead of telling a story.

nimprod
12-12-2012, 06:05 PM
You didn't like Superman the Movie?

loved it. but dont want to see it again.

people should be aloud to do new things

Luke Noonan
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
(The only tags for this thread are "balls of steel".)

I am geared for this film now. I thought 300 and Watchmen were very underwhelming, but then I detested the first source material and agreed that the second was basically unfilmable, so what we got was as good as we could ever hope to get.

The one single best thing out of this, besides that they just might do my fave superhero justice, is that for the sequel they might do my favourite supervillain justice.
I want to see a green and purple suit at some point, though, a GOOD one.

Biofungus
12-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I'm about 37.50 short.
I'll float you the $37.50, but I want "Executive Producer" billing.

Justice41
12-12-2012, 06:49 PM
NO! No more Lex Luthor. Can we go at least 3 movies without Lex. Lex in any movie makes it immediately pedestrian.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
NO! No more Lex Luthor. Can we go at least 3 movies without Lex. Lex in any movie makes it immediately pedestrian.
I want Metallo, Bizarro, and Parasite for the movies. All heavy hitters that Superman can Battle and have great story potential.

Luke Noonan
12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Lol, yes, you sound like a Bat-fanboy complaining about Superman! Lex has yet to be done properly, is what you're thinking of.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Lol, yes, you sound like a Bat-fanboy complaining about Superman! Lex has yet to be done properly, is what you're thinking of.
I disagree it's just about being done properly. He has been overused in the movies.

Moonrider
12-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Luthor is part of the Superman mythos, though. Sooner or later he'll show up in the story if the movie takes off. What we don't need is to have his presence on every movie acting like the comic relief instead of the main villain.

Justice41
12-12-2012, 10:02 PM

Properly, improperly, Lex in any incarnation is boring ,plodding, pedestrian.
Lex Luthor is just a liberal writers hatred of big corp made into a character. Same with Green Goblin and any other Big Corp metaphor. It's boring, always has been always will be. At least Hire Michael Douglas to play Gordon Lexxo if you want to go down the greedy tycoon, businessman, greedy CEO, route.
It's boring. Give Supes a real honest to goodness threat like The Parasite. Even having Zod in this flick isn't a good idea. It takes away from Supes. He's all alone, one of a kind, grows up a good boy, does the right thing then bam three more Krytonians on earth. It dimishes Supes. How much would anyone take say spiderman serious if there was a spiderman family? Like Captain Marvel and the Marvel family. It's a joke at that point. From the trailer it's obvious Zod didn't come from the negative zone. Looks like they are doing that Hoody wearing comic book story. What was it Superman Earth or year one?

CHWolf
12-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Lex is an important part of the Superman mythos.

Just like Robin is to Batman and Mary Jane is to Spidey.

*cough*

Buckyrig
12-12-2012, 10:15 PM
Lex is unusual in comics though. He's a regular character in the Superman books.

You'll rarely read more than a couple of issues of Action/Superman in a row without seeing Lex.

CHWolf
12-12-2012, 10:37 PM
You'll rarely read a couple of Superman comics without seeing Lex.

And you'll never watch a couple of Superman films without seeing Lex.

So it doesn't square up, even taking into account his importance.

Co.Inkadink
12-12-2012, 11:05 PM
I think Lex should be there just not the main villain. I want to see Superman throw down.

Justice41
12-13-2012, 01:23 AM
I hope they never introduce Luthor. If they do he should be just a background item, just something to help establish that this Supes is in the DC universe but that's all that Lex should be. If the writers can't come up with more interesting bad guys than Luthor they need to not bother making anymore Superman flicks.Leave Luthor to the cartoons, he's much more interesting as a cartoon villain.

Justice41
12-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Lex is an important part of the Superman mythos.

Just like Robin is to Batman and Mary Jane is to Spidey.

*cough*

Batman is much more interesting without Robin. Spidey was more interesting before MJ and Marriage.

Buckyrig
12-13-2012, 11:45 AM
I hope they never introduce Luthor. If they do he should be just a background item, just something to help establish that this Supes is in the DC universe but that's all that Lex should be. If the writers can't come up with more interesting bad guys than Luthor they need to not bother making anymore Superman flicks.Leave Luthor to the cartoons, he's much more interesting as a cartoon villain.

But who else is there, really? You have the other Kryptonians, which you've said you don't care for. (I sort of prefer the Superman as the true sole survivor of Krypton. That's what Daxamites are for anyway.) And you have Braniac and (maybe) Metallo.

Metallo couldn't carry a movie as the primary villain. He could only work as the muscle for someone else.

I think Parasite or Darkseid would just end up being silly in a live action flick.

And while you can get a good story with Toyman or Bizarro or Mxyzptlk, they don't lend themselves to supporting a feature-scale story.

Justice41
12-13-2012, 11:53 AM
But who else is there, really? You have the other Kryptonians, which you've said you don't care for. (I sort of prefer the Superman as the true sole survivor of Krypton. That's what Daxamites are for anyway.) And you have Braniac and (maybe) Metallo.

Metallo couldn't carry a movie as the primary villain. He could only work as the muscle for someone else.

I think Parasite or Darkseid would just end up being silly in a live action flick.

And while you can get a good story with Toyman or Bizarro or Mxyzptlk, they don't lend themselves to supporting a feature-scale story.

Think beyond comics. With an unlimited palette to play with DC writers still go to convention. Parasite could be to Supes what Venom is to Spidey.

Duane Korslund
12-13-2012, 11:54 AM
It may be time to invent a new villain for supes that really works...someone uber powerful on an epic scale...

Why not really? It cant get any worse....unless its nuclear man....ugh....

Buckyrig
12-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Think beyond comics. With an unlimited palette to play with DC writers still go to convention. Parasite could be to Supes what Venom is to Spidey.

Venom sucks. He's a relic of that proto-Image age that vomited critical levels of garbage into the comic world.

The thing is, to even make Parasite a strong enough villain to carry a movie, they'd have to overhaul his personality and background...and what they'd likely end up having to do is turning him into some kind of brilliant scientist or some shit (essentially aping some element of what is already Lex).

It may be time to invent a new villain for supes that really works...someone uber powerful on an epic scale...

Why not really? It cant get any worse....unless its nuclear man....ugh....

I wouldn't be against it, but everyone always complains about insufficient physical threats against Superman...but I've always liked the brain vs. brawn concept that constitutes many Superman stories. Watching two guys beat the shit out of each other is only interesting for so long without something else going on.

Luke Noonan
12-13-2012, 12:15 PM
I disagree it's just about being done properly. He has been overused in the movies.
Yes, but I don't think they've remotely done the character justice yet. Gene Hackman is a good actor but his role in the films was that of a comedic conman. He would've been better cast as the Prankster, with his dry delivery and sarcasm, and been a good foil for Christopher Reeves' straitlaced Superman.
Kevin Spacey, meanwhile, was basically just a smug Kevin Spacey, although he was somewhat similar to the Animated portrayal of Luthor. Plus wasn't film meant to be an actual sequel/continuation of the Richard Donner/Christopher Reevs films? Making it pretty redundant.
Lex Luthor is not just the predictable CEO, he is meant to be a charismatic technological and scientific genius, and to represent all the jaded bitterness and cynicism that Superman doesn't. I think his character has potentual for depth and sympathy as a John Milton Lucifer-like character who had vast potential but an equal amount of pride, and isn't amused by Superman but envious, and views himself as representing humanity (which he has a low opinion of). They could do lot more with LL as a serious character, and I don't think it's even been attempted yet.

Duane Korslund
12-13-2012, 12:32 PM
Venom sucks. He's a relic of that proto-Image age that vomited critical levels of garbage into the comic world.

The thing is, to even make Parasite a strong enough villain to carry a movie, they'd have to overhaul his personality and background...and what they'd likely end up having to do is turning him into some kind of brilliant scientist or some shit (essentially aping some element of what is already Lex).

I wouldn't be against it, but everyone always complains about insufficient physical threats against Superman...but I've always liked the brain vs. brawn concept that constitutes many Superman stories. Watching two guys beat the shit out of each other is only interesting for so long without something else going on.

Good way to incorporate LL into a movie...have him be the brains controlling the brawn...kinda sounds like Metallo would be a good fit...like the superman animated series did...but I'd say stay away from metallo...use LL sparingly as the chessmaster controlling some new badass threat which gives ample time for the 2 beating the shit out of each other but still some cerebral villainy that supes has to foil as well...sorta like Superman IV I guess...but not completely shitty....

Co.Inkadink
12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Yes, but I don't think they've remotely done the character justice yet. Gene Hackman is a good actor but his role in the films was that of a comedic conman. He would've been better cast as the Prankster, with his dry delivery and sarcasm, and been a good foil for Christopher Reeves' straitlaced Superman.
Kevin Spacey, meanwhile, was basically just a smug Kevin Spacey, although he was somewhat similar to the Animated portrayal of Luthor. Plus wasn't film meant to be an actual sequel/continuation of the Richard Donner/Christopher Reevs films? Making it pretty redundant.
Lex Luthor is not just the predictable CEO, he is meant to be a charismatic technological and scientific genius, and to represent all the jaded bitterness and cynicism that Superman doesn't. I think his character has potentual for depth and sympathy as a John Milton Lucifer-like character who had vast potential but an equal amount of pride, and isn't amused by Superman but envious, and views himself as representing humanity (which he has a low opinion of). They could do lot more with LL as a serious character, and I don't think it's even been attempted yet.All true but he's been the villain in 4 of 5 movies and he's not a physical threat. As much as he is Superman's arch nemesis he needs to be controlling a superpowered Bad guy to really work IMO.

I'm all for Lex if he's controlling Bizarro, Metallo, or Parasite or some other muscle guy that can fight Superman. I don't want to see a battle of wits.

Ron Phillips
12-13-2012, 06:44 PM
While I didn't mind Gene Hackman's Lex as a kid, he and Kevin Spacy who followed never where given the part of Lex Luther. Just some bald guy who figure out Kryptonite hurts Superman and wants revenge because Superman busted up his real estate scam.

They need to have Mister Mxyzptlk be the running villain from now on. ;)

Co.Inkadink
12-13-2012, 07:03 PM
While I didn't mind Gene Hackman's Lex as a kid, he and Kevin Spacy who followed never where given the part of Lex Luther. Just some bald guy who figure out Kryptonite hurts Superman and wants revenge because Superman busted up his real estate scam.

They need to have Mister Mxyzptlk be the running villain from now on. ;)
Starring Verne Troyer
http://topnews.in/light/files/verne-troyer212.jpeg
Verne's lost some weight, he looks good.

CHWolf
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Once again we get stuck in the uncreative box.

You don't need to reinvent Parasite and make him a genius, etc. though you DO probably have to reinvent him.

Here are a DOZEN ways Parasite could work in a film:

1.) Regular comics version with slight "de-goofying".

2.) Complete alien being, a humanoid from origins unknown, who drains life force, gets a taste of Supes and wants all dat.

3.) Nolanize him. A normal man with a twisted plot who won't stop coming after Supes, using his powers against him in a less literal way.

4.) The Parasite is an immaterial (non-cloud) entity that lives from person to person, leaving them a husk.

5.) Supes somehow bonds with a loser shlub who gains some of his abilities - in the cliché "twin feels pain" trope, the more powerful this Parasite becomes and the more damage he does, the weaker and more pained Supes gets.

6.) The Parasite takes on the memories of those whose life force he feeds upon, and randomly gets a hold of Clark and knows everything.

7.) The Parasite takes on the form of those whose life force he feeds upon, creating a Parasite/Bizarro mash-up. Hollywood is so fond of villain mash-ups, after all.

8.) The Parasite is instead The Parasites. Plaural. Slug-like invaders who attach, feed off of, and eventually replace people. Similar to pod people, yes, but for every one you kill, the others grow more powerful off its essence, creating show-down with hulking, bloated "The Parasite".

9.) The Parasite is a man of influence - think crime ring as opposed to Lex's corporate America. Called "Parasite" for his exploitation of others for his own gain or given the name by law enforcement for obvious reasons, he steals a shipment of super-drugs and ends up a monster for the finale.

10.) If the name "Parasite" comes up in a board meeting brainstorming session, you know "vampire" is going to be tossed out there. Don't kill the messenger, I'm just saying.

11.) Instead of just benefitting from the power of others, the Parasite can also distribute it, so one feeding off of Supes and he can feed an army of low-lifes each with a single Superman ability.

12.) The Parasite could actually be a weapon designed by, say, Brainiac. A device that attaches itself to a subject and augments their abilities to super-human levels while also controlling them in ways that are in line with the subject's personality. ie: Suicidal dude tries to kill himself - and Supes with him, Angry dude keeps coming with onslaught of rage, Martial Artist becomes ultimate Kung-Fu God, etc. In keeping with the name and overall theme, the device itself resembles a large tick or other such mechanized parasite.

Are these all great? No. Are ANY of them great? Probably not. The point is - step outside the box. There is no "they have to..."

Batman is much more interesting without Robin. Spidey was more interesting before MJ and Marriage.

I was citing current films that dropped the "required" characters and didn't cause reality to cease. In other words if MJ and Robin can be dropped, so can Lex and nobody will drop dead from grief.

Buckyrig
12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
This is the same thinking that gave us Superman Red and Superman Blue.

They've already proven they don't "have to . . ." three times already: Superman III, IV, and Returns.

CHWolf
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM
This is the same thinking that gave you every story ever, actually.

Recanize.

Superman Returns was the most "they have to..." of them all, so I don't even know what you're on about.

They have to have Lex. They have to have Lois. They have to have Kryptonite. They have to have romantic drama between Clark and Lois... it goes on and on.

Buckyrig
12-13-2012, 11:35 PM
This is the same thinking that gave you every story ever, actually.

Recanize.

Superman Returns was the most "they have to..." of them all, so I don't even know what you're on about.

They have to have Lex. They have to have Lois. They have to have Kryptonite. They have to have romantic drama between Clark and Lois... it goes on and on.

First off: PG-13.

Not. Fucking. Acceptable.

"Kids don't really read/watch/care about Superman/comics...etc..."

PG-13

Not. Fucking. Acceptable.

A PG-13 rating for a Superman movie evidences the most fundamental failure to understand the character or his setting/context/however you want to put it.

Emo bullshit.

Passion of the Clark beatdown.

Rapeless rape of Lois.

Followed by Son of Superman (are you fucking kidding me) killing rapeless rapist (are you seriously goddammed fucking kidding me).

No, they went and "fixed" all the things about Superman that make him "uncool".

Of course, Superman is "uncool" in the bullshit hip sense that these accusations are thrown.

Superman is sincerity, Eagle Scout, paragon purity. It needs to be owned...and everyone involved in creative input needs to understand and own that themselves.

The airplane scene was great. It was downhill from there.

CHWolf
12-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Everything you mentioned is either a "they have to..." (they have to have the hero look like he's losing before the tides turn, and more...) or something that doesn't relate to the point. ie: How is rapeless rape anything associated with the discussion of things they feel they have to shoehorn in vs. taking a new direction?

For added fun, everyone, say "Taking a new direction" out loud.

No, Returns suffered from NOT making (good) bold changes to the status quo. All the changes that WERE made were small ones that created ripples of awful. Adding a child to a franchise/show/etc. is a classic jumping of the shark and nothing new - it's in effect a little added twist that NOBODY wanted.

Buckyrig
12-14-2012, 11:39 AM
Everything you mentioned is either a "they have to..." (they have to have the hero look like he's losing before the tides turn, and more...)

Tone.

or something that doesn't relate to the point. ie: How is rapeless rape anything associated with the discussion of things they feel they have to shoehorn in vs. taking a new direction?

"Superman's corny and doesn't work today, let's 'modernize' the story."

CHWolf
12-14-2012, 03:18 PM
So basically if Lois Lane had, for about ten seconds of the film, bought shoes, you'd have taken that as "Superman's too manly and doesn't work today, let's 'glamourize' the story"?

I agree the film, that scene, and many other scenes were stupid.

I just disagree that they took any risks or really changed anything with respect to the rest of the franchise.

Paul Sanderson
12-15-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm looking forward to the film. It won't tick all the boxes (some miscastings will see to that), but there are other bits I think where they got things right (Cavill as Superman for example). I'm psyched to see this overall, and I think Cavill could be a good lynchpin of a future JLA film, if Man of Steel scores at the box office (which I think it will).

Co.Inkadink
01-26-2013, 02:14 PM
Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen could look a LOT different in Man of Steel (http://io9.com/5977847/supermans-pal-jimmy-olsen-could-look-a-lot-different-in-man-of-steel) Latest news Jimmy Olsen may be Jenny Olsen. So let's see, Redhead Lois, Black Perry White, Different costume, and now gender swapping a character.

CHWolf
01-26-2013, 03:26 PM
FYI, Krypto will be a potted fern.

Co.Inkadink
01-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm glad they got a redhead to play Jenny Olsen.http://i1.cdnds.net/13/04/300x225/rebecca-buller.jpg

CHWolf
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
This is going to be hilarious. When this is released, reading all the complaints will be like my Christmas. Oh, internet, please don't let me down.

Paul Sanderson
02-08-2013, 11:38 PM
There'll be plenty to like in the new film as well as dislike I feel sure.

dx
02-09-2013, 11:23 PM
I feel they could make someone Asian too. Maybe Lex Liuthor

CHWolf
02-10-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh God, imagine all the absurd assholes on the web getting bigoty with the pronunciation.

If that happened there would be so much of a shitstorm I would absolutely DROP DEAD from laughter-induced asphyxiation.

Here's what actually sucks, though. I get the impression that folks always want to fix the wrong and bad comics that don't feature certain ethnic groups. How about instead they look at the already existing characters of a wide variety of race that are already in the freaking comics?

Well, because they don't care about those characters. Instead of featuring "Hardback" from the Gotham PD, they'd rather just switch someone else around. It's weird. (Not that the Bat-Franchise specifically did this more than once.)

Every character you transform into X is a currently existing character who won't get his or her shot.

Meh.

Who wouldn't have rather seen a fitting actor protray Jon Stewart over whats-his-goof trying to be Hal?

Justice41
03-17-2013, 01:33 PM
Im getting a feeling that the superman suit is going to be a living thing. Kinda like that story or script with the sentient suit that floated around the net a few years back. Just saw a cover for some movie mag and the Supes suit is not only a lot more colorful than the pics online but a lot more shiny.

Moonrider
03-17-2013, 09:41 PM
Early screenings confirm that the cape will be CGI heavy. This could mean that the suit will have some special traits, but I wouldn't go so far as thinking that the suit will be sentient. I mean this is Superman, not Spawn.

Justice41
03-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Maybe but I also saw a Supes cover that had a suit just like the movie suit growing on Supes like venom.
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/AC_19_preview_1.jpg

Buckyrig
03-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Oh, Jesus Christ. :yawn:

The "aura" was a perfectly good handwave. Complicating shit rarely goes well.

Justice41
03-18-2013, 04:52 PM
The Aura? DC and Warners has a track record of Fusticating stuff up at the last minute. I had no idea they also made the Green Lantern in the New DC 52, gay just before the GL movie went out. I'll tell you what Bryan Singer is a creative coward. He had a chance to do a Doomsday vs Superman flick and pussied out for the shit we saw. I can almost promise his X-men flick will be another weak pussied down version. If Singer doesn't have the balls to go big with these flicks someone needs to not let him near them. Marvel needs to go by the Marvel Studio model for all their properties in house or not.

Buckyrig
03-18-2013, 06:29 PM
The Aura?

There's some aura that extends a millimeter from Superman's body that protects the suit...but not the cape.

Although, I think that was secondary. It was more about addressing how he can lift an airplane without simply going through it. The aura extends around anything he touches.

Justice41
03-18-2013, 07:57 PM
Oh that, Wasn't that some kinda gimmicky way to explain why supes can lift stuff without it crumbling in his hands? Think Byrne came up with that. He also applied it to Gladiator when he fought the FF when Byrne took over the FF after he left the X-men.

dx
03-20-2013, 12:41 AM
The Aura also extended to anyone he carried so they wouldn't die in flight or freeze or turn to mush when he caught them at high speeds.

Bishop
03-20-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd never heard of this aura before, but it sounds retarded.

CHWolf
03-20-2013, 08:13 PM
Ever hear about Super-Facial-Muscle-Control?

Buckyrig
03-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Super Ventriloquism was my favorite.

CHWolf
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
I have a copy of Superboy where he's simply brainwashed into thinking he has more new powers... and so he just DOES.

Like becoming immaterial.

He becomes immaterial at will because someone hypnotized him into believing he could.

dx
03-22-2013, 12:57 AM
I have a copy of Superboy where he's simply brainwashed into thinking he has more new powers... and so he just DOES.

Like becoming immaterial.

He becomes immaterial at will because someone hypnotized him into believing he could.

I've tried that with Women...ya know...brainwashing...didn't work....sad...:man:

dx
03-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I'd never heard of this aura before, but it sounds retarded.

You're Retarded

It was in the "Man of Steel" series, John Byrne's run

DarkKni9hT
03-22-2013, 02:44 AM
Super Ventriloquism was my favorite.

Nah. Has to be Super-Baking for me, from the Superboy years. He "Super-Baked" an enormous cake for some Smallville event.

Moonrider
03-22-2013, 05:25 AM
How about 'golden age flash vibrating his face so fast so he wouldn't get recognized'? Even with super speed, I imagine I would get a constant massive headache for doing that.

Buckyrig
03-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Nah. Has to be Super-Baking for me, from the Superboy years. He "Super-Baked" an enormous cake for some Smallville event.

That doesn't even make sense. :laugh:

Justice41
03-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Maybe but I also saw a Supes cover that had a suit just like the movie suit growing on Supes like venom.
http://ifanboy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/AC_19_preview_1.jpg

How Big is Superman's Head in this Pic? Look at the size of that Jaw.

DarkKni9hT
03-22-2013, 12:40 PM
My mistake, he baked a Super cake, and a really big oven, no super power involved.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b344/DarkKni9hT/14-c_zps242db906.jpg

But ya gotta admit, that's some pretty super baking. :laugh:

Bishop
03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
You're Retarded

It was in the "Man of Steel" series, John Byrne's run

Did you read my post? I hope you like my post.

CHWolf
03-22-2013, 07:57 PM
On the jaw - This must not be the actual Supes. A late night talk show host must've found an evil symbiote Superman suit.

Now he'll reign forever.

Justice41
04-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Lots of new and clearer pics from MOS.
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20647938_20691584,00.html#21307014

Angel
04-16-2013, 01:01 AM
Zod is a Necromonger?

Justice41
04-17-2013, 03:49 AM
New Man of Steel Trailer is up.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176243-watch-the-new-man-of-steel-trailer
http://www.manofsteel.com/index.html

Moonrider
04-18-2013, 01:04 AM
I like it.

kamikaze
04-18-2013, 03:13 AM
now that's a superman movie I can go see. Love the song, very powerful

Comix Obsession
04-19-2013, 01:51 AM
Making Superman interesting has always seemed to be the hardest thing to do for me, so I was ready to criticise this from the start, but this does look really cool. I'm not completely sold, the cliche of a man searching for himself growing a beard and working on the high seas doesn't wash (excuse the pun) with me, but that's pretty typical Marvel/DC fare, I guess. However, this does look pretty cool, and it's good to see Kevin Costner in a film again. Even Crowe's accent works!

Henry Cavill does sound remarkably like Brandon Routh in this trailer.

Justice41
04-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Well Supes could have gone to India and searched for insight from Buddha by staring into his belly button. In the real world what does one do to search for their identity or where they fit in the world? Terrorist camps, Communes, Sexual hideaways, At the end of a needle or pipe or prescription bottle, painting, making models?? Besides This isn't about finding himself or his place it's about finding a purpose. Think of it as a young person who has a choice to serve his country by going into the military or to be a self interested or selfish person and indulge himself in excess. If Supes went down the selfish route he'd wind up as Dr. Manhatten.

DarkKni9hT
04-20-2013, 08:03 AM
What's that ref about? Dr. Manhattan wasn't selfish. He was simply disconnected and over evolved. His view of the world, being disjointed in our terms of time, was not based on ego or self aggrandizement (sp?), but rather a simplistic, naive almost childlike logic. Much like Superman, he didn't fit in with the rest of us. Unlike Supes, Dr. M didn't really bother trying. His apparent arrogance was far more akin to Spock's cool detachment from emotion than any selfish, ego driven motivations.

Justice41
04-20-2013, 12:02 PM
What's that ref about? Dr. Manhattan wasn't selfish. He was simply disconnected and over evolved. His view of the world, being disjointed in our terms of time, was not based on ego or self aggrandizement (sp?), but rather a simplistic, naive almost childlike logic. Much like Superman, he didn't fit in with the rest of us. Unlike Supes, Dr. M didn't really bother trying. His apparent arrogance was far more akin to Spock's cool detachment from emotion than any selfish, ego driven motivations.

However you get there, doesn't matter.

DarkKni9hT
04-20-2013, 04:16 PM
That makes even less sense than your hypothesis.

Gonzogoose
04-20-2013, 11:44 PM
Well, regardless of the Dr. Manhattan debate, this trailer and the Zod teaser before it have me cautiously optimistic about the film. The trailer was great, and if it's any indication, I'll enjoy the film.

Paul Sanderson
04-23-2013, 10:42 PM
Trailer looks pretty damn good to me.

Eliseu Gouveia
05-06-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm sold.

Justice41
06-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Nice little poster by Ross.
http://media.aintitcool.com/media/uploads/2013/harry/martinansin_regular_large.jpg

Bishop
06-12-2013, 10:07 PM
Going to see this early on Friday. Can't wait.

Toyandgadgetguy
06-13-2013, 08:26 AM
Midnight showing tonight. Had the ticket for a couple of weeks now. Movies have gotten so far out of control.

Toyandgadgetguy
06-14-2013, 04:44 AM
Loved it!

dx
06-14-2013, 04:48 PM
It was pretty cool. Some of the action scenes were hard to follow,but the movie did convey the kind of destruction that would be caused by characters in Superman's power scale.

Snyder did go a different route with Jor-El and Jonathan Kent...I'm not going to give anything away though.

Worth the watch and my theory of going to the earliest show in the morning also panned out. All the people who bug the crap out of you at the theater are to lazy to get up for the early show.

Bishop
06-14-2013, 08:08 PM
I loved it! Great movie!

ponyrl
06-14-2013, 09:44 PM
It was FANTASTIC!

When he did that one thing, in that place, and the sky, OH SH*T it was great!

When he did that other thing, and went the other way, and then he threw that into there OMG it was the dope SH*T!

(no, I have not seen it, and will see it on the dish). :nyah:

Jason Powell
06-15-2013, 12:23 AM
It was alright.

It was better than the SUPERMAN RETURNS snore fest but way too long.

!!Okay, spoiler alert; so read no further if you do not want to know!!

The good: :happy:

*Krypton, Zod, and Jor El where awesome.
*The fight scenes where decent.
*Superman was actually muscular.
*Their heat vision looked like it does in the comics.
*I love how they hinted at LEX LUTHER.

The bad::cry:
*I had to explain to my gf why Superman was British.
*I still want someone to explain how it is more realistic for SUPERMAN to not
wear the trunks. I mean I know the last time I saw him walking down the
street, fighting crime, he was wearing them.:sure::rolleyes:
*The costume is too dark still.
*The story still sucked.
*Explain too me why they changed Jimmy Olsen into a women?
*More mysterious than the fact that no one can tell Superman is Clark Kent
because of the glasses; how was no one except for Lois Lane able to figure out
his true identity when he told the general he was from Kansas and Zod actually
attacked Smallville, and more importantly, his parents' house?
*Can Kevin Costner be in a movie without overacting the hell out of it?
*Too many bad guys. It becomes overwhelming at a point and, I feel, really hurt
the story; which leads back to the movie was too long.

I am really hopping part two will pay off but this one really was a lit down.

-Jason

Paul Sanderson
06-15-2013, 01:51 AM
I thought you were married, Jason.

Superman isn't British, he's Kryptonian :p

I'm surprised you don't have a problem with the ending. That would, potentially, be a valid point. Most of yours aren't.

Moonrider
06-15-2013, 06:18 AM
About that ending, well, apparently the movie shared the same problem that plagued Batman Begins.

David S. Goyer. He made all our heroes into killers.

Other than that and a few weak plot devices the movie delivers its promise to be the biggest Superman movie in decades. The only thing that I can really complain about is how Superman's chest hair keep creeping up his collar in every close up shot he's in. I mean, you just can't unsee it. It sticks out like hundreds of tiny little tentacles that sprout from this magnificent creature's man-boobs.

Jason Powell
06-15-2013, 11:20 AM
I thought you were married, Jason.

Superman isn't British, he's Kryptonian :p

I'm surprised you don't have a problem with the ending. That would, potentially, be a valid point. Most of yours aren't.

I got divorced over a year ago. Wife cheated and I moved on. Not much of a story there either. LOL!

I did have problem with the ending, where he told the general he was from Kansas, what is the point of hiding your identity if you are going to tell everyone who you are or where you are from.

But about him killing Zod; well... I really did not care. It made since because the movie was about him making a choice and he did not want to, but had to. So that made since.

-Jason

midknight
06-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I want to understand why Superman Returns cost more than this movie and nothing happened in Returns.

Bishop
06-15-2013, 08:29 PM
I want to understand why Superman Returns cost more than this movie and nothing happened in Returns.

That movie spent two decades in development hell. All of the money spent on development for Tim Burton and whatever other incarnations they were working on wound up being rolled into the production budget for Brian Singers movie.

dx
06-16-2013, 04:06 AM
That movie spent two decades in development hell. All of the money spent on development for Tim Burton and whatever other incarnations they were working on wound up being rolled into the production budget for Brian Singers movie.

I'm sorry but development money versus movie making money is dramatically different. Even if they spent upwards of 25 million, Returns cost over $200 million with an extra reported $100 million in advertising,...which seems ridiculous.

All that said...Returns sucked Donkey Balls. (it was an actual live show in Mexico)

Moonrider
06-16-2013, 07:51 AM
Come to think of it, Man of Steel basically has the same plot as Transformers Dark of The Moon.

Comix Obsession
06-16-2013, 08:30 AM
I don't know how to post spoilers, so be warned I might accidentally give something away.

*SPOILERS!*

How many thousands of people were killed in this movie? I'm getting pretty sick of this - Iron Man 3 did the same thing - we are watching a fight between two super-powered guys and Superman, supposed to be 'saving humanity' is throwing Zod through buildings, at one point using a building as a cheese-grater for his head, DESPITE knowing that Zod can't be hurt by any of this (much, anyway). So what was the point of the over-the-top ending fight? It just felt like far, far too much destruction - far too many people killed when Superman should have taken the fight AWAY from the populace. Also, a friend brought up a good point, how big is Metropolis?!?

That aside, I really enjoyed it. I don't understand the having to explain why Superman is British? He's a British actor suitable for the role? Just like Bale for Batman? I don't get that confusion at all.

Great fun, and I was actually interested in Superman. Loved that they kept going back to his origins without it being in chronological order - I thought that was really well handled. I LOVED the opening with Russell Crowe, it really felt like an epic sci-fi movie from the get-go.

Some points I and my friends noticed:

- The death of Jonathan Kent (I loved Costner's performance) completely changed the tone. In the original film he dies of a heart attack, and Superman learns that he can't save everyone. In this, Superman makes a CHOICE not to save him to protect his identity. It's a pretty major shift.

- All those journalists in the Daily Planet building watching the spaceship destroy everything and NOT ONE OF THEM is taking pictures.

- Zod is way too shouty.

- Why is Lois Lane on THAT plane?? She's a journalist!

- Pretty much everyone knows who Superman is, yet at the end he walks into the Daily Planet and puts his glasses on AFTER getting in the lift, and no-one seems to notice him.

- Cavill looks no different in glasses. Honest to God, when I first started wearing contacts some of my friends didn't even recognise me. Some of my family didn't. I have one of those faces that glasses really can make a difference to. But Cavill has such a defined jaw and is a very handsome guy to the point that he looks just as good in glasses. It's kinda hard for him to disguise himself.

Like I say, I really liked it. It was great fun, but there were just a few things that really bothered me, and that I'm getting bored of in general. Our group called it 'Superhero fatigue', and I really think that's it.

*END OF SPOILERS!*

Moonrider
06-16-2013, 11:19 AM
It was alright.

It was better than the SUPERMAN RETURNS snore fest but way too long.

!!Okay, spoiler alert; so read no further if you do not want to know!!

The good: :happy:

*Krypton, Zod, and Jor El where awesome.
*The fight scenes where decent.
*Superman was actually muscular.
*Their heat vision looked like it does in the comics.
*I love how they hinted at LEX LUTHER.

The bad::cry:
*I had to explain to my gf why Superman was British.
*I still want someone to explain how it is more realistic for SUPERMAN to not
wear the trunks. I mean I know the last time I saw him walking down the
street, fighting crime, he was wearing them.:sure::rolleyes:
*The costume is too dark still.
*The story still sucked.
*Explain too me why they changed Jimmy Olsen into a women?
*More mysterious than the fact that no one can tell Superman is Clark Kent
because of the glasses; how was no one except for Lois Lane able to figure out
his true identity when he told the general he was from Kansas and Zod actually
attacked Smallville, and more importantly, his parents' house?
*Can Kevin Costner be in a movie without overacting the hell out of it?
*Too many bad guys. It becomes overwhelming at a point and, I feel, really hurt
the story; which leads back to the movie was too long.

I am really hopping part two will pay off but this one really was a lit down.

-Jason

Well...

The military knows a lot more about him than other folks, but that doesn't mean they will share that secret to the world. This is the scene where Superman points out his stance that he will put his trust in humanity so long as humanity are willing to put their trust in him. It's like saying, "Dude you know I'm from Kansas, you know where my mom lives, and I'm willing to let you hold on to that information as long as you don't screw me over.
They changed Jimmy Olsen into a woman because if Jimmy's a dude Perry and that other guy would rather just bolted than try to save his ass.
They changed Perry White to Lawrence Fishburne as an irony or some sort, you know, a pun on his name and all that. Also because the movie needs a token black character. They could have turned Jimmy into a wisecracking black dude, which would be too easy and Michael Bay-ish, or worse a black lesbian woman, but Cheerios beat them to the punch.
It IS more realistic for a grown man to wear his underwear before wearing his diving suit, not the other way around. He's 33 years old, for God's sake.
Kevin Costner is barely in it and he died a gruesome death. Leave him alone.
No one recognized Superman is Clark Kent because well if you really have to explain that in a Superman movie then I got nothing.

Baron Spider
06-16-2013, 12:04 PM
Why don't they just say that the glasses have some kind of Kryptonian tech that can warp his appearance?

Jason Powell
06-16-2013, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=Moonrider;1798827]The military knows a lot more about him than other folks, but that doesn't mean they will share that secret to the world. This is the scene where Superman points out his stance that he will put his trust in humanity so long as humanity are willing to put their trust in him. It's like saying, "Dude you know I'm from Kansas, you know where my mom lives, and I'm willing to let you hold on to that information as long as you don't screw me over.

I do not know about that, they are searching for him in the end. If they knew who his mom was they could easily get to him.

They changed Jimmy Olsen into a woman because if Jimmy's a dude Perry and that other guy would rather just bolted than try to save his ass.

I do not know about that one either, a bro will help bro. You know, bros before hoes and all that. :nyah:

They changed Perry White to Lawrence Fishburne as an irony or some sort, you know, a pun on his name and all that. Also because the movie needs a token black character. They could have turned Jimmy into a wisecracking black dude, which would be too easy and Michael Bay-ish, or worse a black lesbian woman, but Cheerios beat them to the punch.

Actually I like Fishburne, I really did not care about that one.

It IS more realistic for a grown man to wear his underwear before wearing his diving suit, not the other way around. He's 33 years old, for God's sake.

More realistic, based on what? Our own ideals.

How many of you watch pro wrestling and like it? Those are grown men running around in underwear. And guess what, they actually are real.

Also, if ma Kent made it, I might could see why he would find it embarrassing. But if we are being realistic, no one would wear a red and blue body suit with a big red and yellow target on the chest either. However it would not be Superman if he did not. However we are told it is alien armor. Now, taking that fact into consideration, different cultures have different beliefs. How do we know a alien race would not wear underwear as outerwear. When is the last time you asked one? Most men would not wear a dress in America but it is the norm for Celtic groups and no one thinks anything of it.

Also for 75 years Superman has wore the underwear in the comics. How many you thought Superman looked quire because of it or did you see the new version and say he looked quire because he does not have it? Be honest.

Kevin Costner is barely in it and he died a gruesome death. Leave him alone.

Him dying a gruesome death does not mean he has to over sell it. I do not like the Dark Knight more because Heath Ledger died for real.

No one recognized Superman is Clark Kent because well if you really have to explain that in a Superman movie then I got nothing.

You got nothing, man! You got nothing! :har:

Jason Powell
06-16-2013, 02:37 PM
Why don't they just say that the glasses have some kind of Kryptonian tech that can warp his appearance?

Cause they are too busy making him look more realistic.:rolleyes::whistlin:

-Jason

Justice41
06-16-2013, 05:53 PM
I'm sorry but development money versus movie making money is dramatically different. Even if they spent upwards of 25 million, Returns cost over $200 million with an extra reported $100 million in advertising,...which seems ridiculous.

All that said...Returns sucked Donkey Balls. (it was an actual live show in Mexico)

40 mil was what was spent on development. Here are the stats.

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2006/SPRMN.php

Theatrical Performance
Domestic Box Office $200,120,000
International Box Office $190,754,000
Worldwide Box Office $390,874,000
Home Market Performance
Domestic DVD Sales: $81,647,745 Weekly Breakdown

Production Budget: $232,000,000
Theatrical Release: June 28th, 2006 (Wide) by Warner Bros.
June 28th, 2008 (IMAX) by Warner Bros.
Video Release: November 28th, 2006 by Warner Home Video
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for some intense action violence
Franchise: Superman
Keywords: 3-D, Friendly Alien on Earth, Visual Effects, D.C. Comics, IMAX: DMR
Source: Based on Comic/Graphic Novel
Genre: Adventure
Production Method: Live Action
Creative Type: Super Hero
Merchandising Revenue: "...more than $60 million" (THR, 11/2/2007, p. P-7)
Running Time: 157 minutes
Ad Budget (Nielsen): $41,000,000
US Video Game Sales 2006: <400,000
Gross in IMAX theaters: $22,800,000
Cable TV Rights (FX): 12% of domestic gross, capped between $17m and $25m

Baron Spider
06-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Just want to mention there were polar bears and the world engines looked like spiders. If you know about Kevin Smith and Jon Peters you'll know what I'm talking about.

Moonrider
06-16-2013, 11:58 PM
I do not know about that, they are searching for him in the end. If they knew who his mom was they could easily get to him.

The scene didn't imply that they don't know who he is, the military just want to know where he lives and to always keep track of him. No use asking his mom, because she won't know and won't tell them either. Interrogating her would be a bad idea.

I do not know about that one either, a bro will help bro. You know, bros before hoes and all that. :nyah:

Perry, maybe. The other guy? Not so sure. :laugh:

Actually I like Fishburne, I really did not care about that one.

Yeah no matter what marketing reason behind his casting, he did a great job. As for Jimmy, they probably couldn't make him work with the story they were trying to tell. Jimmy Olsen would be the guy on the streets taking pictures, tagging along wherever Lois goes. Since there's no room for that kind of role here, he was demoted into a hapless intern. Can't win them all.

More realistic, based on what? Our own ideals.

How many of you watch pro wrestling and like it? Those are grown men running around in underwear. And guess what, they actually are real.

Also, if ma Kent made it, I might could see why he would find it embarrassing. But if we are being realistic, no one would wear a red and blue body suit with a big red and yellow target on the chest either. However it would not be Superman if he did not. However we are told it is alien armor. Now, taking that fact into consideration, different cultures have different beliefs. How do we know a alien race would not wear underwear as outerwear. When is the last time you asked one? Most men would not wear a dress in America but it is the norm for Celtic groups and no one thinks anything of it.

Realistically, at least in the context of the movie, Kryptonians won't have any practical use for underpants. They live in a harsh world. The cape you can use to wipe stains off your armor or become a blanket for those cold Krypton nights. Underpants? Who needs them.

This underpants/no underpants debate can go on forever, but I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Also for 75 years Superman has wore the underwear in the comics. How many you thought Superman looked quire because of it or did you see the new version and say he looked quire because he does not have it? Be honest.

Even in those 75 years not everyone have the same opinion about Superman's design. The fact is, people who think that Superman look silly with his underpants doesn't or won't buy his comics, therefore their opinions matter less than the opinions of those who do buy them. Movies have a way of bringing both party together, and looking at the box office earning it's probably a good decision.

Him dying a gruesome death does not mean he has to over sell it. I do not like the Dark Knight more because Heath Ledger died for real.

What I meant by 'dying a gruesome death' is that I'm referring to how his character died in the film, not in real life. I personally think Costner did a really good job. I read a spoiler about how Pa Kent died in the movie and think 'this could be crappy', but watching the scene I think it was executed beautifully.

You got nothing, man! You got nothing! :har:[/SPOILER]

Because that question can be applied to any Superman/Clark Kent portrayal in any media and no one can really give a solid answer.

Buckyrig
06-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Half very good, half garbage.

Hated the opening...really everything Kryptonian. Dragons! Serously! :confused:

Hated Superman vs. ball bearings

Mostly liked stuff with the Kents.

Liked the fight in Kansas with Faora and whomever. (Hate Faora's stupid line the Colonel called back later...wrong movie for that kind of thing.)

Overall the thing was too broody and overwrought. But there are building blocks for a solid franchise...if they calm down a bit and inject more wonder and less spectacle.

Jason Powell
06-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Even in those 75 years not everyone have the same opinion about Superman's design. The fact is, people who think that Superman look silly with his underpants doesn't or won't buy his comics, therefore their opinions matter less than the opinions of those who do buy them. Movies have a way of bringing both party together, and looking at the box office earning it's probably a good decision.

That is an untested assumption. It is like a lot of people say Batman would suck without all that armor. Or Cap's costume just won't work in a film (so they keep changing it) - at least we are getting ears this time around.

I personally believe a good story is what everyone wants. None comic fans would care less about the costume as long as they got a good action packed movie.

But to comic fans it is like THOR without his helmet. It is okay but they are unneeded changes.

-Jason

Phatman
06-17-2013, 09:04 PM
If you are reading this on this website and haven't seen this movie, then prepared to get the spoiling that you deserve.

Anybody have an opinion on Superman being responsible for killing the last survivors of Krypton? Quite a turnaround for the character. Murder? Genocide? Aren't those the exact traits that people fear in Superman?

There were holes in this thing, but I give Snyder a ton of credit for doing a real Superman movie: a guy who looks like Superman doing lots of Superman stuff and facing a real test of his powers on screen. It's about friggin' time.

Moonrider
06-17-2013, 09:30 PM
I think the real kill count only amount to thousands of Metropolis & Smallville citizens, few dozens of soldiers, presumably one Earth scientist, and one Zod. All the rest of the Kryptonians are sucked back to the phantom zone.

As for the codec plot device, with the prequel comic book and that little hint involving the empty life pod, I'm guessing Kandor will play a major role in the sequel.

Buckyrig
06-17-2013, 10:01 PM
If you are reading this on this website and haven't seen this movie, then prepared to get the spoiling that you deserve.

Anybody have an opinion on Superman being responsible for killing the last survivors of Krypton? Quite a turnaround for the character. Murder? Genocide? Aren't those the exact traits that people fear in Superman?

Well, they had him kill Zod early on after the Byrne reboot. Was a similar situation...though more comic-booky (involved gold kryptonite if I recall). Of course, that was intended to set up the whole won't-kill thing. (Why that needed set up though, I don't know.)

The rest of the Kryptonians are, however, not dead. They're in the Phantom Zone.

Phatman
06-18-2013, 12:38 PM
The rest of the Kryptonians are, however, not dead. They're in the Phantom Zone.

Yeah, my wife corrected me on that as well. However, how are these people ever coming back? The Phantom Zone is a life sentence in most cases. With Zod, I would have preferred another solution. He's a good character, why kill him? Comicbook Superman, we'll call him "George", would have found some way to imprison him. "George" used to be concerned with his image and setting an example. Snapping a dude's neck in front of a family is out of character for "George". Furthermore, if he could just snap Zod's neck and had no issue with doing it, why wait? Why let him destroy half of Metropolis and allow thousands to die in the process? Supes should have broke his neck when he first showed up, if you're willing to make that compromise instead of allowing Zod to kill a bunch of people and wreck the city.

Moonrider
06-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Furthermore, if he could just snap Zod's neck and had no issue with doing it, why wait? Why let him destroy half of Metropolis and allow thousands to die in the process? Supes should have broke his neck when he first showed up, if you're willing to make that compromise instead of allowing Zod to kill a bunch of people and wreck the city.

He does have an issue with killing Zod. You can tell by his expression afterwards that he really didn't want to do it and it was heartbreaking for him. Before he started brawling, he did try diplomacy on the Kryptonians. We'll just have to see how this will affect Superman and the people around him in the sequel. It may be a setup for bigger things.

There's irony here considering that pre-New 52 'George' criticized the very same act by Wonder Woman when she tried to stop Maxwell Lord from controlling 'George' with his mind.

Buckyrig
06-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Yeah, my wife corrected me on that as well. However, how are these people ever coming back? The Phantom Zone is a life sentence in most cases.

Well, in the comics, Superman has always had his own "parole hearings" for people in the Phantom Zone. Of course, that would require the device (forget what they call it) that opens up a window to the Zone. (And it looks like Hamilton is dead, or did I miss something. And he would be the likely candidate to build the thing.)

With Zod, I would have preferred another solution. He's a good character, why kill him? Comicbook Superman, we'll call him "George", would have found some way to imprison him. "George" used to be concerned with his image and setting an example. Snapping a dude's neck in front of a family is out of character for "George".

I was pointing out that it wasn't unprecedented in the Superman mythos. I'm not a fan of it either. The comic version was more of an execution too. Worse. At least in the movie it was a "defense of others" situation happening in real time.

kamikaze
06-18-2013, 08:24 PM
I think the family he saved are okay with the snapped neck issue. They gotta issue, go to therapy.

Lovecraft13
06-18-2013, 08:31 PM
Sometimes Supes just gots to kill a bitch.

Angel
06-18-2013, 10:42 PM
^ :thumbs: ^

darkwriter
06-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I have seen this film twice this week and absolutely loved it both times. Easily my second favourite superhero movie after the Avengers

and I don't even like Superman, his comics and stuff usually tend to bore me senseless and he to me is so epically dull simply by usually being "Mr. Perfect"

But this movie just seriously rocked and while it will probably not make me appreciate the comic version of the character any more then I already don't I will happily go see a sequel to this version of him

Justice41
06-19-2013, 09:41 PM
This flick lacks awesomeness. I believe it stems from the heavy use of the hand held cam effect. I also truly hate that digital zoom effect. Hate it hate it hate it. Otherwise decent forgettable flick.

Justice41
06-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Tell you what, if Cavill had played John Carter that flick would have made some mullah.

dx
06-20-2013, 03:58 AM
This flick lacks awesomeness. I believe it stems from the heavy use of the hand held cam effect. I also truly hate that digital zoom effect. Hate it hate it hate it. Otherwise decent forgettable flick.

While that might be your opinion, the Super scenes were a whole lot better than flying a big giant rock into outer space. A big giant rock of kryptonite that should have killed him before he got it out of the water.

Comix Obsession
06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
While that might be your opinion, the Super scenes were a whole lot better than flying a big giant rock into outer space. A big giant rock of kryptonite that should have killed him before he got it out of the water.

He hasn't actually seen it. Like CHWolf before him, he just wants to stir the pot.

Angel
06-20-2013, 05:13 PM
This has got to be one of the weirdest Superman movies I've ever seen. did anyone notice that part where he killed a bunch of babies? Sure they hadn't been imprinted by the Codex yet but it's still just weird seeing Superman destroying a spaceship full of kryptonian babies. How's that for `big blue boy scout`? ...and it seems like Zod was tragic as fuck....I mean he was imprinted with the task of protection and perpetuation of the Kryptonian people...he really had no choice and genocide was apparently nothing to Kryptonians anyway. It just seemed like he wasnt morally culpable for his actions and that is why Kal was all conflicted about snuffing him.

Oh and FAora was hot!

Phatman
06-20-2013, 05:22 PM
This has got to be one of the weirdest Superman movies I've ever seen. did anyone notice that part where he killed a bunch of babies? Sure they hadn't been imprinted by the Codex yet but it's still just weird seeing Superman destroying a spaceship full of kryptonian babies. How's that for `big blue boy scout`? ...and it seems like Zod was tragic as fuck....I mean he was imprinted with the task of protection and perpetuation of the Kryptonian people...he really had no choice and genocide was apparently nothing to Kryptonians anyway. It just seemed like he wasnt morally culpable for his actions and that is why Kal was all conflicted about snuffing him.

Oh and FAora was hot!

Shhh....the fanboys don't care, there were explosions! Genocide. Mass murder. Homicide. THAT says Superman today. :har:

dx
06-20-2013, 05:22 PM

Oh and FAora was hot!

Hmmm...I believe the chambers were empty! 20,000 years = stale babies if they were already in there ready to be lit up. It looked they were simply artificial wombs prepped for the process.

Zod was a moron...leave earth alone and create a species of Super Beings that could learn to adapt. Add advanced Krypton technology and become Masters of the the known Uni...wait for it...verse.

Angel
06-20-2013, 07:58 PM
I'm not 100% but I thought they showed the genesis chamber on the ship full of babies in the pods.

Bishop
06-20-2013, 10:50 PM
I remember them as empty as well.

Buckyrig
06-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Superman straight up murdered Zod in Superman II.

And Lois murdered Ursa.

Phatman
06-20-2013, 11:45 PM
Superman straight up murdered Zod in Superman II.

And Lois murdered Ursa.

I don't know. Didn't they just drop into some dry ice vapor? Not much worse than attending a DIO concert in the '80's.

Justice41
06-21-2013, 05:13 PM
He hasn't actually seen it. Like CHWolf before him, he just wants to stir the pot.

Shall I spoil your fun by walking through the entire movie scene for scene?
Wasn't a horrible flick just didn't have any of that Awesome epicness to it. Digital backgrounds the jumpy nature of CGI puppets, something just didn't jive. The whole Jor-el doing the Bruce Lee Mr Han mirror trick was stupid. Speaking in a Vacuum. I've always hated how a Super person can literally toss a truck at something or jump and rip apart a Warthog or F-22 Raptor yet when they swat humans they fly like a few feet and are still alive. When the Soldiers were swatted by the Goth Chick those guys should have literally exploded. I kinda dug the floaty Superman thing, looked like he was in water. Didn't like that whole thing with buildings falling and all that destruction yet Supes doesn't even bat an eyelash yet risked identifying himself to the Oil rig crew just after jumping off the Tuna Fish boat.Lots of stuff that contradicts itself. Oh and I really dislike the usual coinkydink of Supes finding himself just as Lane was about to find him or the bad guys showing up coinkyidinky like. yeah yeah a beacon brought them to earth, still a lame plot device that almost every superhero movie uses.

Bishop
06-21-2013, 05:59 PM
I've always hated how a Super person can literally toss a truck at something or jump and rip apart a Warthog or F-22 Raptor yet when they swat humans they fly like a few feet and are still alive. When the Soldiers were swatted by the Goth Chick those guys should have literally exploded.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-fL8zopddI

Justice41
06-21-2013, 07:36 PM
You know I don't click links. Never have never will on this site.

Bishop
06-21-2013, 08:05 PM
Well, if I could embed, I would. It's a video of someone giving a scientific explanation of what would happen if Superman were to punch someone as hard as he could.

Justice41
06-21-2013, 09:42 PM
Forget that just think how much force and speed has to be applied to a body to move it just one foot much less ten or twenty. Person gets hit by a car they are a mess. Friend saw a guy on a motorcycle get clipped by a car, said the guys leg and side literally was peeled off to the bone. just chunks of flesh on the car and road. if they aren't gonna be turned into meat then at least show the super guys just tossing em aside like they did Supes mudder.

Co.Inkadink
06-22-2013, 03:28 AM
Oh and I really dislike the usual coinkydink of Supes finding himself just as Lane was about to find him or the bad guys showing up coinkyidinky like.
It's Coinkadink.

Troy Wall
06-28-2013, 11:49 PM
This movie was head and shoulders above any Superman movie that came before it, that's for sure. Well, except maybe the one that was about Richard Pryor hacking commodore computers....they don't make 'em like that anymore...exciting stuff.

Troy Wall
06-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Friend saw a guy on a motorcycle get clipped by a car, said the guys leg and side literally was peeled off to the bone. just chunks of flesh on the car and road.

I'd pay the price of a movie ticket to see that. Plus popcorn and coke.

There was this guy that worked for my stepdad when I was growing up...Daryl...he had a motorcyle accident when he was young where he flew of his bike and hit the ground on his stomach and skid until the road had chewed through his abdominal muscles for all they were worth. So when he ate he swelled up like a snake and his belly enlarged the way a snake does when it swallows a mouse...there were no muscles in there to keep his innards compressed.

Really rad fucking stuff.

Co.Inkadink
06-29-2013, 03:46 AM
I just finished watching Space Jesu... I mean Man of Steel about an hour ago. It was better than I thought it would be.

Paul Sanderson
07-01-2013, 08:04 PM
I saw it, finally, a couple days ago. I quite liked it. Very enjoyable. Not perfect, but some scenes are really good.

Co.Inkadink
07-02-2013, 07:06 AM
I really liked it over all. It had a few problems one of which was the climax of SFX at the end and little character development. I think it was what everyone was asking for though. One of the complaints of Superman returns was that he never threw a punch, they made up for that in spades. I think Cavill is a great Superman and will do well in future installments.

Buckyrig
07-02-2013, 10:44 AM
Rotten Tomatoes Man of Steel rating: 56% rotten (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/)

Superman Returns rating: 75% fresh (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/)

Moonrider
07-02-2013, 11:55 AM
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/man-of-steel

Seems like this movie is thoroughly hated by critics but loved by general viewers.
I'm okay with that.

Buckyrig
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Online user scores are just short of useless.

People will spam sites like Metacritic or Amazon if they feel strongly about something. Then you got plants from the studios and a whole host of other bullshit.

Co.Inkadink
07-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Rotten Tomatoes Man of Steel rating: 56% rotten (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_man_of_steel/)

Superman Returns rating: 75% fresh (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superman_returns/)

I was just stating my personal opinion. I think Henry Cavill is a better Superman than Brandon Routh regardless of what Rotten Tomatoes says. I hated the speedo shorts more than none at all the plastic S and fruit roll up cape and the dead beat dad peeping Tom Superman, Lex was horrible and the whole kryptonite island was awful. There are problems with Man of Steel to be sure but I'll watch it again and I'll never watch Returns again.

Phatman
07-02-2013, 01:00 PM
http://www.metacritic.com/movie/man-of-steel

Seems like this movie is thoroughly hated by critics but loved by general viewers.
I'm okay with that.

critics are wrong...they are always wrong

Buckyrig
07-02-2013, 01:02 PM
It's just the consensus among the fans that Man of Steel is so much better. I liked it better myself...but that's more to do with which flaws are more problematic for me personally.

The full-on and passionate embrace of Man of Steel by so many fans just decreases the likelihood that Nolan and Snyder will understand that there is much to be fixed with the series, assuming it continues.

Hell, my brother hated it so much he won't even entertain seeing a sequel under any circumstances. "They Michael Bay-ed the shit out of it," he said. :laugh:

Co.Inkadink
07-02-2013, 01:08 PM
It's just the consensus among the fans that Man of Steel is so much better. I liked it better myself...but that's more to do with which flaws are more problematic for me personally.

The full-on and passionate embrace of Man of Steel by so many fans just decreases the likelihood that Nolan and Snyder will understand that there is much to be fixed with the series, assuming it continues.

Hell, my brother hated it so much he won't even entertain seeing a sequel under any circumstances. "They Michael Bay-ed the shit out of it," he said. :laugh:There are many flaws to be sure. But if anyone thought this would be a faithful adaptation going in hasn't been paying attention. Movie makers don't care about the source material and will have their "vision"'prevail at all costs.

Buckyrig
07-02-2013, 01:14 PM
It's not an issue of faithfulness. As a movie, on its own, it is mediocre. I have no problem with Lois discovering Superman's identity, and right off the bat. In fact, I kind of liked that. Didn't mind the Codex thing or any of that.

But the movie is half a mindless action flick.

(Jor-El riding a dragon just might be stupider than reversing time by spinning the world backwards. And the opening shot being this overwrought birth scene...was just off. :blink: )

Newt
07-02-2013, 02:30 PM
I liked the cast. The tone was right. The opening stuff on Krypton took way too long, and the action sequences were overwrought, but no more so than any recent summer-sfx-blockbuster, and at least there actually were action sequences. Young Clark was kind of a douche, with all the "You're not my dad!" stuff, but I suppose that's how an average kid would react to learning he's a dopty, and it did set up Pa Kent's death as a more than just a bummer.

I had no problem with Supes killing Zod. Supes is basically a cop, and sometimes cops have to kill; it shows he's actually capable of situation-based moral reasoning (killing this guy is bad, but letting him kill more innocent people is worse) rather than blind adherence to self-imposed rules (I won't kill, no matter how many die because of it). Besides, what would he do if he managed to capture Zod? Put him in jail? Anyhow, pre-code Superman let villains die all the time; he didn't kill them with his own hands, but he made no effort to save them either.

Honestly, I think it's the best Superman film I've seen (I never saw Superman IV, so I'll withhold judgement there). The Donner/Reeves films were all right, but a bit too campy and smug for my taste. Superman Returns, as all know, was bad.

Justice41
07-02-2013, 06:28 PM
The one thing I didn't like was the flying effects or the sonic boom flying or the I'm about to pass a grapefruit sized kidney stone grimace just before Supes shoots off.Just like in Ironman 3 when you suddenly jet off while near people there needs to be some sorta effect. With IM people should have been knocked back by the repulsors, with Supes sucked in and up.

Moonrider
07-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Jor-El riding a dragon just might be stupider than reversing time by spinning the world backwards.

Uh, no. Still no.

I mean come on, you'd believe a skinny British kid with glasses riding a flying horse-thing in Harry Potter but Superman's dad riding an alien dragon is stupid? :laugh:

Bishop
07-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Uh, no. Still no.

I mean come on, you'd believe a skinny British kid with glasses riding a flying horse-thing in Harry Potter but Superman's dad riding an alien dragon is stupid? :laugh:

Jor-El > Harry Potter

Lord Fejj
07-03-2013, 03:22 AM
I'm not a Super Man fan and I haven't liked any of the Superman movies so I will wait for this to come to HBO

Buckyrig
07-03-2013, 10:06 AM
Uh, no. Still no.

Dragons are genre-appropriate in a story about a wizard.

And I've never read or seen any of the Harry Potter entries.

Newt
07-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Avatar had dragons. Therefore, all alien worlds must now have dragons. Also, Pern.

Bishop
07-03-2013, 06:33 PM
Dragons are genre-appropriate in a story about a wizard.

And I've never read or seen any of the Harry Potter entries.

I think he was referring to the Pegasus. Also, they rode on broomsticks too. I suppose that is appropriate, but it is also one of the dumbest things I've ever had the misfortune to watch on screen.

Moonrider
07-03-2013, 10:57 PM
I think he was referring to the Pegasus.

Nope. Hippogriffs. Hippopotamus-griffins? It even had a dumb name.

The dumbest things I've ever had the misfortune to watch on screen was Jackass. It would have been awesome if it had dragons in it.

nams
07-11-2013, 12:27 AM
Saw the movie this week and I didn't like it... Liked the action scenes... but just barely.

Not a good Movie, not a decent Movie even in my opinion.

I prefer the Plane scene of Superman Returns to this Entire Film, and I don't even like Superman Returns... I am not a Comics Nazi, but this isn't superman even the name Superman in this film doesn't make sense after all when earth knows about Kal-El for the first time he is pointed out as an Alien wanted by the Kriptonians , not an earth man so the name doesn't even make sense... he would be called the Super Alien or the Friendly Alien, but Knowing how the human race is He wouldn't be called a Superman.

The Jonathan Kent Scene: I don't Now about you but I can't imagine a son in that situation and not do anything to prevent his father from being killed... even less so if the son has the powers of Superman to prevent it. hell with the secret identity!! That scene is stupid and it doesn't serve any purpose to the movie, What does Jonathan Kent prove with it? Clark Saves Lois how many times in this movie? And saves a lot of people with no regards to his secret Identity the only person he doesn't save is his dad... It is so Stupid. they wanted an "uncle Ben" in the Superman mythos?

I am not going to go to the "Evolution" ( Kriptonians) vs "Criationism" ( Superman) plot in the movie because I know that raises to many hates in the USA... but that was so unnecessary Superman is a Science Fiction character no need to put religion in the pot.

The Superman/optimus Prime thing with the "allspark" plot it doesn't bother me much but are the Transformers going to sue or something?

How does the heat vision work? does anybody know? Does a kriptonian point the vision with his Eye or with his head? Because Superman is holding the head of Zod, but I am pretty confident that the family is in the cone of vision of Zod. He would fry those "innocent bystanders that can't move out of the way" in a heart beat.Then Superman Cries for Zod... I bet he didn't Cry for the people in the Gas station in Smallville when he toss Zod through it and made it explode with everything in it... this film is unbelievable. It has some good fight scenes and superman throws punches and that is it... the rest is crap.

I will watch this movie again in the DVD just to see the fight scenes as I watch Superman Returns to see the Plane Scene when ever I need inspiration to draw, but that is it.

Stay cool :cool: