PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Spider-Man will be no more.

KidIntense
11-29-2012, 07:55 PM
After issue number 700, Amazing Spider-Man will no longer be published, and I got a feelin g we will never see Peter Parker alias Spider-man anymore after this as well. I feel that they will be no more Spider-man comics after that.

Gonzogoose
11-29-2012, 09:03 PM
I can't tell if you're being serious or what. You realize they announced this like two months ago, and Superior Spider-Man is launching soon, right? ;)

Troy Wall
11-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Kid, allow me to assuage your fears. This is what is going to happen:

-Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 ends at #700. (Yes, it's proper title is Volume 2, not Volume 1. It was renumbered to #1 in 1999 and then renumbered again to #500 around 2003. Just because they resumed the high numbering doesn't magically make it Volume 1 again...it doesn't work that way.)

-Superior Spider-Man is published for a few issues, maybe even for up to two years (big maybe).

-Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 begins with the cancelation of Superior Spider-Man and return to the high numbering, and of course Peter Parker back in the costume.

There, now relax.

Gonzogoose
11-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Kid, allow me to assuage your fears. This is what is going to happen:

-Amazing Spider-Man Volume 2 ends at #700. (Yes, it's proper title is Volume 2, not Volume 1. It was renumbered to #1 in 1999 and then renumbered again to #500 around 2003. Just because they resumed the high numbering doesn't magically make it Volume 1 again...it doesn't work that way.)

-Superior Spider-Man is published for a few issues, maybe even for up to two years (big maybe).

-Amazing Spider-Man Volume 3 begins with the cancelation of Superior Spider-Man and return to the high numbering, and of course Peter Parker back in the costume.

There, now relax.

Yep, pretty much. This isn't the Ultimate universe, they won't keep their flagship character gone forever.

MBirkhofer
11-30-2012, 11:15 AM
How would killing Peter parker and having a new spiderman effect Sony's Spiderman movie rights?

Co.Inkadink
11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
How would killing Peter parker and having a new spiderman effect Sony's Spiderman movie rights?

Not at all. Nobody hardly reads the comics. I know I wouldn't know unless I saw it online.

JennaP
12-01-2012, 12:04 PM
My comic store guy predicts that Superior will run for about a year and then Peter will come back right before the next Spider-Man movie. They've done similar stuff in the past.

I'm intrigued that Superior will be a limited run, because I thought they were doing a repeat of what they did with Fantastic Four/FF, and doing an interlaced run to introduce a new long-term book in the hope of getting more readers.

Lovecraft13
12-28-2012, 10:02 AM
Ok, so Doc Ock is now inside the body of Peter Parker, and Peter Parker died inside the body of Doc Ock? But instead of having a rampaging Spider-man on the loose, Parker managed to put empathy into Doc Ock's head before he expired?

As outlandish as that is, it's STILL more interesting than anything DC Comics is doing these days.

Troy Wall
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
My comic store guy predicts that Superior will run for about a year and then Peter will come back right before the next Spider-Man movie.

Always. The only time Marvel/DC haven't placed the titular hero back in his/her respective spandex just in time for a movie debut was 2008 when Batman RIP was running as The Dark Knight was released. And even in that instance the argument can be made that Bruce Wayne was present...he was just, er...dressed in purple and yellow patchwork and declaring he was from another dimension.

Troy Wall
12-28-2012, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=Lovecraft13;1784867]Ok, so Doc Ock is now inside the body of Peter Parker, and Peter Parker died inside the body of Doc Ock? But instead of having a rampaging Spider-man on the loose, Parker managed to put empathy into Doc Ock's head before he expired?

He's still major league asshole...he's just actually gonna attempt to save a few lives in between sexing MJ and monologuing about how awesome he is. It'll end up with him totally mauling someone as he can't control his temper. He already removed Scorpion's mandible...haha.

And DC is fucking STALE. Can't believe they publish 52 titles and I read a grand total of two of their comics a month. It'll be back to one after Morrison finally wraps Incorporated.

Lovecraft13
12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
There's no hype behind anything DC these days. Joker's back, so I'm interested to see how that plays out. Oh, and there's a Muslim Green Lantern. Besides those two, I couldn't name one other thing going down.

Troy Wall
12-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Joker's back, so I'm interested to see how that plays out.

I wish they would have kept it more confined and personal to Batman. Every single title even remotely related to the Batman family of comics gets two issues of VS. the Joker. Over kill.

At this point all I'm really wondering about is how DC will fix the Joker's face.

CHWolf
12-30-2012, 02:20 AM
Marvel always reminds me of a group of kids on a playground talking about how awesome certain stories would be.

"AND THEN THERE ARE FIFTY CAPTAIN AMERICAS, AND THEN THEY'RE ALL SKRULLS, EXCEPT FOR ONE, BUT HE'S ALSO A CYBORG, AND-AND-AND..."

DC is more like a small local "writer's group" that meets in a library or at a coffee shop once a week.

"I have this concept, see, where Aquaman is... get this... a Buddhist. I know, right? Shocking! I haven't decided how it's going to go yet, but the idea is there."

Lovecraft13
12-30-2012, 01:09 PM
At this point all I'm really wondering about is how DC will fix the Joker's face.

Somewhere in the world, Tommy Westphall is shaking a snow globe with the current DC product inside.

Lovecraft13
12-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Marvel always reminds me of a group of kids on a playground talking about how awesome certain stories would be.

"AND THEN THERE ARE FIFTY CAPTAIN AMERICAS, AND THEN THEY'RE ALL SKRULLS, EXCEPT FOR ONE, BUT HE'S ALSO A CYBORG, AND-AND-AND..."

DC is more like a small local "writer's group" that meets in a library or at a coffee shop once a week.

"I have this concept, see, where Aquaman is... get this... a Buddhist. I know, right? Shocking! I haven't decided how it's going to go yet, but the idea is there."

Dude, you nailed it like a freshman prom date.

Biofungus
12-31-2012, 02:15 PM
At least the art was nice. Honestly, I don't think the premise was that horrible, but rather the pacing and build up was. I always felt they de-humanized Doc Ock a bit too much in the past few years, so if they built him up a bit more to have a conscience prior to this event, it wouldn't seem quite as cockamamie.

Duane Korslund
12-31-2012, 02:19 PM
Somewhere in the world, Tommy Westphall is shaking a snow globe with the current DC product inside.

St Elsewhere....Elseworlds.....coincidence?

Biofungus
12-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Don't worry, all this will come full circle to whatever Mary Jane whispered to Mephisto during "One More Day".

Lovecraft13
12-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Don't worry, all this will come full circle to whatever Mary Jane whispered to Mephisto during "One More Day".

"Get me a better agent."

Troy Wall
01-01-2013, 02:49 AM
At least this is a better Doc Ock story than when Kaine broke his neck and the Hand dug the corpse up and played with it.

KidIntense
01-01-2013, 08:38 AM
Doc Ock as the new Spider-Man? Yhings will get worst.

Lovecraft13
01-01-2013, 10:21 PM
I often wondered if Doc Ock always desired having a younger man inside him.

Biofungus
01-01-2013, 11:05 PM
I often wondered if Doc Ock always desired having a younger man inside him.
Don't you mean, "if Doc Ock always desired being inside a younger man"?

Lovecraft13
01-02-2013, 12:14 AM
I don't know anymore!

MBirkhofer
01-02-2013, 11:10 AM

Obviously it was, "I'll find a way to be together again"
MJ did this. She just wanted Peters body, and got rid of Peter so she could be with her true love Doc Oc, but in Peters body.

SatyQ
01-02-2013, 02:12 PM
MJ did this. She just wanted Peters body, and got rid of Peter so she could be with her true love Doc Oc, but in Peters body.

Next step: Aunt May takes over MJ's body so she and Doc Ock can get it on just like the good old days. Wasn't that the plot to the Skeleton Key?

Moonrider
01-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Shit, it all makes sense! MJ whispered to Mephisto "Peter chose his old rotting aunt instead of me? Swap my soul with her and make her think she was me! Betcha that will boost comic sales ten years down the road."

Biofungus
01-11-2013, 03:37 AM
"... get Joe Quesada fired..."

dx
02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
"... get Joe Quesada fired..."

Joe Quesada hasn't been the Editor in Chief since Disney bought Marvel. This is the new guy's project!

Co.Inkadink
02-08-2013, 02:11 AM
Don't you mean, "if Doc Ock always desired being inside a younger man"?

If you can helP alot of people you have responsibility to help those people with your abilities ...

I wish people would just spell it out.

Sodomy

juan.a.stewart
02-08-2013, 03:50 PM
I agree with everything here, garbage. Marvel as bizarre as things are getting with spidey I still think it’s better than what DC is doing with their known titles right now. Joker is creepy but still, and that Green Lantern, when I saw this character and the tattoo, I was like… DC is trying too hard, anyway blah, blah, blah… what else is gonna happen to spiderman? I honestly don’t like that doc ock thing, I think it should’ve been venom.

Co.Inkadink
02-08-2013, 05:38 PM
Marvel and DC don't exist for me except once in a while. I like the new X-men from the past meeting the new X-men book.