PDA

View Full Version : Stewart and McKellan to return to X-franchise

Biofungus
11-28-2012, 04:00 PM
"Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, better known to Marvel fans as Professor X and Magneto, will return to the comic book franchise for "X-Men: Days of Future Past." That's the word from "X-Men" director Bryan Singer, who tweeted the news to his 11,589 followers on Tuesday."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/27/patrick-stewart-ian-mckellen-x-men_n_2199572.html?icid=hp_entertainment_top_art

Duane Korslund
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
I'd love to see how they're going to hammer this one out....unless they go highlander 2 on it and claim X3 never happened...which is probably fine by EVERYONE.

Buckyrig
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
I'd love to see how they're going to hammer this one out

Days of Future Past. Story's all alternate timeline shit to begin with. Easy enough overwrite X3.

Justice41
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Singer will botch it all up. At least no Wolverine in this one hopefully.

Bishop
11-28-2012, 05:48 PM
At least no Wolverine in this one hopefully.

Where do you get that? Wolverine is integral to the Days of Future Past storyline.

I hate that Singer is directing again, though. His X movies didn't hold a candle to First Class, and after his horrible showing with Superman Returns I don't think he can pull this one off.

Duane Korslund
11-28-2012, 05:51 PM
no...you bet on seeing Wolvie...seems like a good opportunity to reorganize xmen movie continuity....doubt singer call pull it off though....

Co.Inkadink
11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
They oughtta get Benicio del Toro to narrarate and then it will al make sense.

Evan Henry
11-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Singer will botch it all up.

:laugh:

CHWolf
11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
This film MUST focus heavily on Lockheed.

Angel
11-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Everyone here is so funny....and opinionated! :har: lol

Justice41
11-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Where do you get that? Wolverine is integral to the Days of Future Past storyline.

I hate that Singer is directing again, though. His X movies didn't hold a candle to First Class, and after his horrible showing with Superman Returns I don't think he can pull this one off.

Without Wolverine the movies have a chance of being interesting instead of focusing on him and how other characters react or respond to him. Keep him in his own movies.

Bishop
11-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I agree, but the likelihood of there being no Wolvie in the movie is nil.

Justice41
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
If Wolverine is in it it shows Singer is still a weak ass storyteller unable to do his own thing and must glom onto the past to make his flicks.

Bishop
11-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Or it could mean he is actually planning to follow the storyline the movie is named for.

Justice41
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Ahh well the origins series at least had one decent outing.
If Singer doesn't have full fledged armies of Sentinels in this flick you know he's even poorer a director than thought before. If Avengers which cost as much as X2 and X3 could have all what they had there is absolutely no excuse for the X-men not to have full on battles with armies of sentinels as well as fully realized exterior scenes and not cgi or stage sets. But Singer has a myopic vision for his flicks with no expansion beyond the characters themselves.

Justice41
11-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Or it could mean he is actually planning to follow the storyline the movie is named for.

Naw he sucks plain and simple and he sucks more than at directing.

UniverseX259
11-28-2012, 11:36 PM
this film must focus heavily on lockheed.

This.

Co.Inkadink
11-29-2012, 01:02 AM
no...you bet on seeing Wolvie...seems like a good opportunity to reorganize xmen movie continuity....doubt singer call pull it off though....

It's not up to Singer the story falls on the screenwriter. First Class threw continuity out the window but who cares it was great! I'd like to see them fix contiuity with a Time Travel story and it could be done easily and refresh the franchise. No X3 deaths and they could continue in the past and future. Singer can handle big concepts The Usual Suspects was a great mystery mind game and Time Travel is similar, I think he can do it.

CHWolf
11-29-2012, 01:25 AM
Implying screenwriters have a lick of power in shaping those decisions... (unless they're someone's brother.)

It's more likely a series of puzzle pieces handed to the writer, who then has to fit them however he can... nevermind the fact the farmer has a duck's head.

Biofungus
11-29-2012, 02:45 AM
I don't mind if they put Wolverine in the movie, as long as his particular events are true to the original story.

CHWolf
11-29-2012, 02:53 AM
He's going to have a motorcycle made of chainsaws.

Co.Inkadink
11-29-2012, 04:51 AM
It could be about Wolverine himself or Wolverine sending someone back in time to stop the deaths of Prof X , Jean etc. Maybe they become crucial to a mission in the future.

Co.Inkadink
11-29-2012, 07:20 AM
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/173827-hugh-jackman-in-talks-for-x-men-days-of-future-past?utm_campaign=facebookfan&utm_source=facebookfan&utm_medium=referral

Hugh Jackman in Talks for X-Men: Days of Future Past

Evan Henry
11-29-2012, 08:40 AM
he sucks more than at directing.

I SO want to make a joke right now, but it would just be too damn easy. :D

Bishop
11-29-2012, 10:54 AM
I SO want to make a joke right now, but it would just be too damn easy. :D

I think Roy already made the joke. At least that was his intent...

Justice41
11-29-2012, 01:05 PM
I think Roy already made the joke. At least that was his intent...

Oh you never heard the story of Singers Hawaii vacation with the two screenwriters from Superman and the coke and boy toys?

Bishop
11-29-2012, 01:26 PM
No, but that would explain a lot about that Superman movie...

Justice41
11-29-2012, 01:54 PM
it's just a rumor

CHWolf
11-29-2012, 09:01 PM
it's not a tumor

Co.Inkadink
11-29-2012, 10:00 PM
it's not a tumor

You complete me.

Troy Wall
11-30-2012, 12:20 AM
Say what you will about Hugh Jackman, the man fucking LOVES playing Wolverine. He's the polar opposite of an actor afraid to be type-cast in a particular role. Dude is gonna play Wolverine forever, which is possible as he appears to age at about the same rate as Logan.

Moonrider
11-30-2012, 03:11 AM
I wonder how Dougray Scott feel about this.

Justice41
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
They need to teach Jackman how to walk so he doesn't have that little bouncy jiggle to his walk like he's stepping on pebbles. He doesn't stride like a talk man should.

Biofungus
11-30-2012, 12:05 PM
They need to teach Jackman how to walk so he doesn't have that little bouncy jiggle to his walk like he's stepping on pebbles. He doesn't stride like a talk man should.
That's because he's always wearing skinny jeans. No real man wears skinny jeans.

Co.Inkadink
11-30-2012, 05:33 PM
They need to teach Jackman how to walk so he doesn't have that little bouncy jiggle to his walk like he's stepping on pebbles. He doesn't stride like a tall man should.
He shouldn't be tall.

Justice41
11-30-2012, 08:31 PM
He shouldn't be tall.

yup, that too.

Angel
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Wolverine is drawn off model all the time anyway so it doesn't really matter if he is a bit tall in a movie.

Angel
12-01-2012, 04:15 PM
OOOOOOOOOh OOOOh! lets get in the black Kingpin discussion!

CHWolf
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
That's kind of moot now, unfortunately! :\

Co.Inkadink
12-01-2012, 04:37 PM
Hugh Jackman is Wolverine now, in my mind he's the standard. For whatever reason he works and I think it's because he invests himself so much into it. If you look at the new Wolverine pics for the next movie he punished himself to chisel his body. He has the attitude and even in the bad movies he's a lot of fun.

I dread the day when they have to recast.

Co.Inkadink
12-01-2012, 04:38 PM
In other words he shouldn't be tall but I don't care.

Justice41
12-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Pishh, They could recast him in the middle of a fight and I wouldn't care. Imagine he starts a scrap as Jackman and ends it as Tom Cruise.

CHWolf
12-01-2012, 06:15 PM
"Ha ha! WHOA. Whoosh. I have CLAWS."

*sprints*

Angel
12-01-2012, 06:32 PM
If they were to recast Wolverine I would vote for Dominiquie Vandenberg a real badass.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0888664/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/b2OCwjFOUXNeOMyXtW0IVKVaq9b.jpg

Biofungus
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Pishh, They could recast him in the middle of a fight and I wouldn't care. Imagine he starts a scrap as Jackman and ends it as Tom Cruise.
You had me up until "Tom Cruise".

dx
12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
Brian Singer cannot direct a big budget film..he can't do it. All of his successful or acclaimed films have been mystery/dramas like Apt Pupil and Usual Suspects. He doesn't appear to know how to budget a FX film (SMR-$250+ million) and come out with something that is visually stunning and entertaining. He also cannot do a fight scene or full on battle scene to save his life.

What any Xmen based film needs is someone like Tom Hanks for directing and story telling (Thin Red Line, etc) and a visual effects guy like Micheal Bay.

Co.Inkadink
12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Brian Singer cannot direct a big budget film..he can't do it. All of his successful or acclaimed films have been mystery/dramas like Apt Pupil and Usual Suspects. He doesn't appear to know how to budget a FX film (SMR-$250+ million) and come out with something that is visually stunning and entertaining.
I thought the opening to X2 with Nightcrawler trying to kill George Bush was visually stunning and entertaining. I know he didn't do that for the rest of the movie but it was pretty good. Also in Superman Returns the plane scene and the flying upside down shooting his heat vision stuff was good. I think Singer is more about the characters. I also think he knows the bar has been raised since he did X2 with other films and may have heard all the complaints about the lack of action in his X-Films. I say wait and see.

Justice41
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
I thought the opening to X2 with Nightcrawler trying to kill George Bush was visually stunning and entertaining. I know he didn't do that for the rest of the movie but it was pretty good. Also in Superman Returns the plane scene and the flying upside down shooting his heat vision stuff was good. I think Singer is more about the characters. I also think he knows the bar has been raised since he did X2 with other films and may have heard all the complaints about the lack of action in his X-Films. I say wait and see.

Uh yeah Singer didn't direct the opening to X2, the Second unit director did and probably did all the rest of the action oriented sequences. So don't give Singer too much credit for X2

dx
12-03-2012, 12:41 AM

You are sighting 3 total scenes with a combined 370 million dollars for both of those films.

The plane sequence was horrible. He flew through one wing and they did a ripple effect on him catching the plane. I saw better special effects on Smallville with a TV budget than I did at any point in SMR.

Singer is a good director....just not for these type of films.

Angel
12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
IMO The X-Men havent been interesting since just before they went through the Seige Perilous.

Buckyrig
12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
IMO The X-Men havent been interesting since just before they went through the Seige Perilous.

Ah yes, the world before Gambit and Asian Psylocke. I remember that.

Co.Inkadink
12-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm hoping that Singer will take what I liked about his movies and First Class and the Franchise will get a new start. It is possible. And I loved his 2 X-Men movies despite the lack of action. The X-men for me have always been about characters anyway.

Lovecraft13
12-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I loved First Class, and I can't wait to see how this turns out. Not too crazy for Singer's return.

Biofungus
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah, kind of wondering why when First Class was more critically acclaimed than Singer's two movies, and he's shown since his inability to handle the genre at least to the degree that he used to be able to.

Co.Inkadink
01-26-2013, 10:40 PM
Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore Return (http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=99406)

Evan Henry
01-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah, kind of wondering why when First Class was more critically acclaimed than Singer's two movies, and he's shown since his inability to handle the genre at least to the degree that he used to be able to.

He had one flub, and was heavily involved with the production of First Class after that. I'm not really sure the Superman Returns debacle proves anything other than that he shouldn't direct Superman movies.

Co.Inkadink
01-27-2013, 01:23 AM
He had one flub, and was heavily involved with the production of First Class after that. I'm not really sure the Superman Returns debacle proves anything other than that he shouldn't direct Superman movies.

I've said it before, I thought the first 2 X-men movies were good. There were few little moments I didn't like in the first one but the only part I didn't like in the second was Wolverine crying like a little girl at the end.

Troy Wall
01-27-2013, 04:24 PM
First Class was by far the best of the litter. I hate that Singer returned and I didn't want the original cast to return. I want to see the First Class story continue without time travel being used to bring in McKellen, Paquin, Marsden, Berry and the rest of the boring original miscast.

dx
01-27-2013, 07:17 PM
It's not up to Singer the story falls on the screenwriter. First Class threw continuity out the window but who cares it was great! I'd like to see them fix contiuity with a Time Travel story and it could be done easily and refresh the franchise. No X3 deaths and they could continue in the past and future. Singer can handle big concepts The Usual Suspects was a great mystery mind game and Time Travel is similar, I think he can do it.

So far, no matter how big the budget, Singer has repeatedly shown that he can't handle action scenes or any type of special effects.