PDA

View Full Version : Green Lantern 2

Biofungus
11-16-2012, 12:05 AM
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/exclusive-green-lantern-2-first-draft-script-details-more-cosmic-features-amon-sur

Ryan Reynolds, Mark Strong, Blake Lively, Geoffrey Rush are all contracted to return for the sequel.

Kevin Michael Richardson is expected to replace Michael Clarke Duncan as the voice of Kilowog.

There are spoilers in the article, so that's the only bit I quoted.

Great Scott
11-17-2012, 06:06 PM
If that plot is true this could be a redemption film for GL. Like Star Trek 2 redeemed the crapfest of Star Trek the Motion Picture.

Lovecraft13
11-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Green Lantern 2? OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Bishop
11-17-2012, 10:11 PM
It has to be better than the first. It just has to.

Jasen Smith
11-17-2012, 11:28 PM
It'll be better if they show Blake Lively's tit.

iRacingRyan
11-24-2012, 03:17 PM
There was a lot of clunky exposition and chunky plot points that weighed down the first, which hopefully if the second moves forward without the need to re-explain things...it can't possibly get any worse, right? :)

Just give practical effects for the suit, save a few million dollars. If the first worked with half the budget, it would've broke even or made money and the world would only smite it for being 1/3 right and 2/3's wrong. Just keep that third that made the first movie watchable (Oa, Sinestro, everything Non-Earth) and amplify it for the second while trimming back silly suit effects and we'll hopefully be on track.

It's such a vast and rich universe to draw stories from, and I think WB realizes what went wrong, and how to fix it while not losing money. (let's hope, anyhow) Perhaps they recharge the character with a cameo in Justice League, and then move forward with a sequel thereafter? Who knows?

cheeseisgood1918
11-24-2012, 03:37 PM
It'll be better if they show Blake Lively's tit.

Just the one?

Co.Inkadink
11-24-2012, 04:01 PM
It has to be better than the first. It just has to.

Say's who?

The fact that they are making a second one when the first was so bad shows they don't get it.
On a side note I have a friend who thought G.L. was the best superhero movie ever made. There has to be more.