PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Foxx to Play Electro???

Justice41
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Say it aint so. The first flick was horrible now they double down or horrible with a shit actor.

Bishop
11-02-2012, 12:17 AM
I liked The Amazing Spider-Man, but I have a hard time seeing Jamie Foxx as Electro.

Gonzogoose
11-02-2012, 12:29 AM
The first film was, well, Amazing! Loved it. Thought I'd hate it, but I liked parts of it better than the Tobey ones.

As for Foxx, he's only in talks, it's not set in stone. I don't really see him in that role at all, but he is actually a decent actor when he's playing serious. Comedy, he's not funny at all. Still, I'm not sure he could pull off a believable Electro. I'd rather see a lesser known actor in the role.

Justice41
11-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Nawp first flick was horrible, bad acting preposterous happenings and just a clunky meandering crap story. At least in Raimi's Spidey flicks Parker was an actual egghead whereas this kid may have been smart but he stole or found what he needed. He was obviously good at mechanisms but didn't formulate the webbing, he stole it. He didn't come up with the part of the formula Conners needed, he found his dads books with that info. Parker appears in Staceys bedroom and her dad the cop has no reaction to that. Where was Unca Ben's funeral? Too many convenient happenings for believability. It was dark when Spidey stopped that Car Thief yet there was youtube videos? The story was a mishmash of really silly stuff.

CHWolf
11-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Jamie Foxx as Wanda as Electro.

HERE COMES THE STUPID!

(Maybe Jason Lee.)

Gonzogoose
11-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Nawp first flick was horrible, bad acting preposterous happenings and just a clunky meandering crap story. At least in Raimi's Spidey flicks Parker was an actual egghead whereas this kid may have been smart but he stole or found what he needed. He was obviously good at mechanisms but didn't formulate the webbing, he stole it. He didn't come up with the part of the formula Conners needed, he found his dads books with that info. Parker appears in Staceys bedroom and her dad the cop has no reaction to that. Where was Unca Ben's funeral? Too many convenient happenings for believability. It was dark when Spidey stopped that Car Thief yet there was youtube videos? The story was a mishmash of really silly stuff.

All the positives and negatives I had to say are in my podcast that I know you won't listen to: http://comicrelated.com/news/16862/zone-4-xtra-spider-man

But in short, while it wasn't a perfect film, I felt it was near perfectly cast. Emma Stone was excellent as Gwen Stacy, Garfield was a believable and likable Peter Parker. He had that indie cool vibe to him rather than just being a complete dweeb like Tobey played him. While the Lizard's CGI could have been better, that whole story was exciting and entertaining. Spidey doing the webs in the tunnel to figure out which direction the lizards were coming from was brilliant. There was so much to like about that film and very little to dislike, in my opinion.

Back to the topic at hand, if not Foxx (and I seriously doubt he'll get it anyway), who for Electro?

Were you serious about Jason Lee, CHWolf? Hmm... I don't know about that one either.

CHWolf
11-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Electro, to me, has always been a fail character - so that sort of colors my ideas on casting. "Dammit, quit movin' so I can zap ya!!", etc.

I'm sure the film will completely change the character, because a lineman getting zapped and becoming a super-villain doesn't seem a likely plot these days.

Electro can't hold a (good) film, no matter who they cast or how they change him. The electrical effect will get stale fast, and really who wants to see the character in live action?

That said, I never cared to pick up the "Ultimate" anything. So maybe Electro is a mega-badass to end all badasses there.

Biofungus
11-02-2012, 05:10 AM
I *gasp* rather agree with CHWolf. I was going to say, despite his "popularity", Electro was always a B-list villain at best. He kept coming back, but on his own was rarely a significant character in Spidey's rogue gallery. The fact that they have Jamie Foxx in talks for the role (whom I agree with Gonzo, he's decent in dramatic roles, but he's just not as funny as he likes to think he is. And the only 'action' role I can recall he was in was "Stealth", which was all kinds of fail (Foxx included) so I would have my doubts about how well he could play the role), means they want to make him a semi-significant character at least (even as a secondary villain, still more than a simple cameo).
This does not auger well for the sequel, IMO.

Plus, they've already cast Mary Jane and have stated they want to build up to the third movie being the "Death of Gwen Stacey".

Comix Obsession
11-02-2012, 08:46 AM
And I *gasp* actually agree with Justice. The new Spiderman movie just wasn't very good. It felt too soon to me, to be honest. Tobey is still Spiderman in my eyes, and it was because he is an 'everyman' that the story resonates more. Garfield is a very good looking, not afraid of the World teenager, and whilst I enjoy watching Garfield on film, he just didn't fit Spiderman. It's a sign of the times that if you don't look like a model, you aren't making it to the screens.

That said, Electro, why not? I don't really see any reason why he wouldn't work. The Lizard was actually pretty dull, and that was a giant lizard roaming the city! Maybe a change of pace would be nice.

Buckyrig
11-02-2012, 11:23 AM
Say it aint so. The first flick was horrible now they double down or horrible with a shit actor.

but he is actually a decent actor when he's playing serious.

The man has won an Oscar, guys.

Lovecraft13
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM
ASM bored me to tears. It was about 2 1/2 hours too long. I'll pass on the sequel.

Duane Korslund
11-02-2012, 12:47 PM
ASM was closer to what the Tobey spidey movies should have been...we combine ASM with Tobey spidey 1...probably would have had a super kick ass flick...get rid of horse- face Dunst...insert Gwen..get rid of hair gel Garfield...insert Dorkus Mcguire..get rid of Lizard, insert Osbornes...get rid of organic web shooters...insert tech web shooters (as well as have pete come up with the formula...he was supposed to be a super genius) both Flash Thompsons were interchangeable....get rid of the wrasslin scene from Tobey Spider (sadly gets rid of Bruce Campbell) and insert the robbery...etc...alas it is not meant to be...so...really...new spidey stuff is just Meh...and Electro...I hope he's not the main villian...that's ultra meh...I see they're trying to go with a retro story feel...but the retro villians didnt have hollywood punch (minus the goblin)...vulture? Electro? even Rhino and Scorpion...kinda blah...It sad, but they need to stick with the punchy ones...Venom, Carnage, Doc Ock works...it may be rehashing, but I'd rather see a better Venom story than Spidey Vs Vulture....or start doing Match ups...Spidey Vs Wolverine..

Bishop
11-02-2012, 02:14 PM

He's not a horrible actor imo, but I don't think he is a good fit for Electro. I thought he was really good in Collateral, and I look forward to Django Unchained.

Gonzogoose
11-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Ok. It's still subjective. And his roles aren't always great. Watch him on In Livin' Color. Watch that lame comedy movie he did with Vivica Fox. Watch his sitcom. None of it was very good. Like I said, when he plays serious he's a decent actor.

As for Electro, what little I've seen of the Ultimate version, he was a very different and very threatening character. Forget the old mask with the five points and all that, and think what they could do with a character like that on the big screen. Could be very dynamic.

And I'll just have to disagree with you all. I wanted to hate the new movie, but I loved it, and I will definitely see the sequel.

CHWolf
11-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Every year they give away a fuckton of Oscars to folks who have worked on a film the previous 365 days.

It's not exactly based entirely on achievement.

I mean, let's all Google undeserved Oscar wins and see how it refreshes our memories on insane upsets and wins for films none of us remember.

... But that's beside the point, I know.

Paul Sanderson
11-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I liked the Amazing Spider-Man. Not perfect, but nothing ever is. Was a good film overall, some parts were very good, some less so. I'm looking forward to the sequel (though Foxx isn't my idea of Electro).

Troy Wall
11-02-2012, 11:25 PM
That said, I never cared to pick up the "Ultimate" anything. So maybe Electro is a mega-badass to end all badasses there.

He isn't, Electro is even more of a one-trick pony in Ultimate Spider-Man. BUT he worked very, very well as what was essentially a role as an Enforcer alongside the traditional ones...Dan, Montana, etc. Most importantly, Electro worked well as a Wilson Fisk hired gun, and the second volume of USM that involved all of this is widely considered the greatest story the series had to offer out of its entire 160 issue run.

So that's where my vote goes.....give us a Kingpin with a team of Enforcers including Electro in the ranks. Could make a good movie. I know a lot of folks know this already, but ALL of Spider-Man's greatest villains are at least double his age, can't for the life of themselves understand him or his motivations, and at the end of the day are indeed jealous of him. Of his youthful innocence. They would die before admitting this, of course.

Troy Wall
11-02-2012, 11:30 PM

Yeah, but he went half handi-capped to get it. Notice he didn't go full handi-capped, in which case he would have went home empty-handed, like those who go full retard.

Troy Wall
11-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I haven't seen Amazing Spider-Man. I just couldn't get excited about it enough to make a trip to the theater. Kinda regret it. But I'm looking forward to seeing it on TV...just saw a commercial for Nov. 9th. Why the 9th? I thought all new DVD releases are on Tuesdays.......

Biofungus
11-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Every year they give away a fuckton of Oscars to folks who have worked on a film the previous 365 days.

It's not exactly based entirely on achievement.

I mean, let's all Google undeserved Oscar wins and see how it refreshes our memories on insane upsets and wins for films none of us remember.

... But that's beside the point, I know.
I'm still convinced the Marissa Tomei "My Cousin Vinny" Oscar was a dare (or maybe a bet to see if they could get her to trip up the stairs for a panty shot).

lildre_cains
11-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Sam Raimi series was better nuff said. I didn't care about Webb's version of Peter Parker and Uncle Ben death was just so terrible in the Webb version, no drama whatsoever. I understand what the Director was trying to accomplish, but how the hell is he going to explain Peter's parents angle? No way can he say they are part of SHIELD. Disney owns the right's to The Avengers and Sony has Spidey.

As far as Jamie Foxx as Electro, let's face it, Hollywood changes everything. Whether implausible or plausible. It might not be such a bad idea, he is a good actor. I bet when he does become the villain everyone will look past the fact he is African-American.

Duane Korslund
11-08-2012, 03:35 PM
As far as Jamie Foxx as Electro, let's face it, Hollywood changes everything. Whether implausible or plausible. It might not be such a bad idea, he is a good actor. I bet when he does become the villain everyone will look past the fact he is African-American.

I think its less about the color of his skin, and more about the fact that electro has historically been a pretty lame villain in the spidey rogues gallery....he just doesnt evoke any real emotion...to be a movie villain you have to be set up to be high on the list of the heroes worries. The best are the arch nemesis...third rate villains like Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Mad Hatter, Unus the Invincible (lol), super skrull, and the list goes on and on...they couldnt sustain a hollywood movie. Well they could and probably will...but its gonna suck...

CHWolf
11-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Only way I can see Electro carrying a Spider-Film is if they vastly expand his abilities.

Electric shock + Teleportation + Jumping into and "Controlling" Technology + Becoming immaterial.

Make him capable of traveling in a bolt of pure death and maybe you have something.

Troy Wall
11-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I think renaming him something like Electric Man would help. And they will keep the origin of him being a high linesman that gets his powers from being struck by lightening, if they know what's good for 'em. Very compelling origin.

Gonzogoose
11-08-2012, 08:29 PM
Only way I can see Electro carrying a Spider-Film is if they vastly expand his abilities.

Electric shock + Teleportation + Jumping into and "Controlling" Technology + Becoming immaterial.

Make him capable of traveling in a bolt of pure death and maybe you have something.

Which, actually, is exactly how he was in the short-lived CG Spider-Man show on MTV, and it was kind of cool.

CHWolf
11-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Well there you go. I rest my face.

WilliamStormeSmith
11-09-2012, 02:31 AM
I've found all 4 movies to be extremely weak, but then again Hollywood doesn't get Spiderman. They don't have a sense of humor. The casting of Tobey and Garfield was like they are afraid of an actor who is likable or funny.

lildre_cains
11-09-2012, 07:51 AM
I think its less about the color of his skin, and more about the fact that electro has historically been a pretty lame villain in the spidey rogues gallery....he just doesnt evoke any real emotion...to be a movie villain you have to be set up to be high on the list of the heroes worries. The best are the arch nemesis...third rate villains like Electro, Vulture, Rhino, Mad Hatter, Unus the Invincible (lol), super skrull, and the list goes on and on...they couldnt sustain a hollywood movie. Well they could and probably will...but its gonna suck...

I hear what you're saying, the guy is more of a B list villain. Though, so is Sandman and look how he turned out in Spider-Man 3.

I think if they gave Electro more of an edge, make him some kind of arms dealer who is really good with electronics and is like a professional thief who wanted a big score and found himself in a freak accident e.g. bio-tech, genetics, etc or maybe even a foil to Spider-Man in the sense that he was clever streetwise and electronics but uses it for bad instead of responsibly then he may turn out right.

Plus they have to change his costume or use no costume at all like in the Ultimate Spider-Man universe which is what I believe they would use.

Biofungus
11-09-2012, 10:41 AM
I hear what you're saying, the guy is more of a B list villain. Though, so is Sandman and look how he turned out in Spider-Man 3.

That's mainly because Venom/Brock was so bad, Sandy looked better by comparison ;)

Co.Inkadink
11-11-2012, 03:30 PM
I loved Garfield and Stone in that movie I just didn't like Spider-man. The Gayest costume ever and the lizard was boring. Let them do whatever they want now. The obviously aren't ever going to adhere to the comics so let them change everything. Who Cares?

jeffo46
11-15-2012, 09:25 AM
I was finally able to see ASM the other day for the very 1st time and IMO, it was one of the worst movies Marvel has ever put out. Talk about taking so much liberties, especially with the origin . Why did they have to subtitute the classic part where Peter takes on Crusher Hogan with him going to a convenieance store instead ? I also didn't care for the way Peter Parker was portrayed and I absolutely hated that fucking suit as well. Columbia needs to get Sam Raimi back into the fold and let him do the next one. Please ?

Moonrider
11-15-2012, 11:53 AM
that ship has sailed.

Troy Wall
12-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Jamie Fox was officially cast as Electro yesterday. And also the kinda creepy kid who turned evil in Chronicle will play Harry Osborn.

CHWolf
12-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Fail.

Lovecraft13
12-04-2012, 06:41 PM
Meh. Not even sure why these movies have to happen. I didn't really love the Raimi flicks, but the Mark Webb joint made me appreciate them a lot more.

CHWolf
12-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Meh. Not even sure why these movies have to happen.

Spider-Man & Ghost Rider films are now essentially the Mockbusters of the Marvel U.

Buckyrig
12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
The new movies are being done for the same reason the Salkinds did the Superboy TV show was done in the late 80s...the rights were about to expire.

CHWolf
12-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Take this for what you will (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/17/jamie-foxx-on-electros-new-origin-motivation-and-costume-for-the-next-spider-man-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

Foxxlectro will be a corporate drone and possibly an inventor, who is friendly with Spidey - at least momentarily.
Scientific Spidey-pal turned tragic Spidey-enemy. So basically the first film again. Good work.

Paul Sanderson
12-20-2012, 06:38 PM
The new movies are being done for the same reason the Salkinds did the Superboy TV show was done in the late 80s...the rights were about to expire.

Not quite the right analogy. When the Salkind's started making the Superboy show in 1988 they did not have the Superman film rights. Those were still held by Cannon at that time. But, when the Salkind's sold Cannon the film rights, they only sold the rights to Superman. They still held the rights to Super-everything else (a nifty loophole they discovered and exploited). Around 90/91 they bought the film rights back from Cannon and intended to make another film (first they wanted Chris Reeve back, then they thought to use their Superboy actor Gerard Christopher instead), but they couldn't get the film into production fast enough (they had a script written by Cary Bates & Mark Jones which was quite good) and their rights expired and reverted back to Warner Bros., whereupon they allowed producer Jon Peters to waste 12 years trying to get the film into production, which he never did. Then we got Superman Returns and now Man of Steel, both of which Peters had nothing to do with but was allowed to feature his name on the credits as a producer as a reward for those wasted 12 or so years. Go figure... :rolleyes:

In regards to Spider-Man...yes, Sony are continuing to make films so as not to let their film rights expire.

Biofungus
12-21-2012, 07:19 AM
Take this for what you will (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/17/jamie-foxx-on-electros-new-origin-motivation-and-costume-for-the-next-spider-man-movie/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter).

Foxxlectro will be a corporate drone and possibly an inventor, who is friendly with Spidey - at least momentarily.
Scientific Spidey-pal turned tragic Spidey-enemy. So basically the first film again. Good work.
They did the same thing with Raimi's Spider-Man films. Spider-Man 2 was essentially the same script as Spider-Man, but with some character specific tweaks. But plot and layout, were virtually identical.

At least this new trilogy has something of a 'goal' (the Death of Gwen Stacy). Raimi was more or less winging it.

CHWolf
12-21-2012, 02:23 PM
It immediately reminded me of the Riddler in Batman Forever, the way they're going at this.

Troy Wall
12-21-2012, 07:43 PM
At least this new trilogy has something of a 'goal' (the Death of Gwen Stacy). Raimi was more or less winging it.

Raimi had a goal and he accomplished it: bad guy kidnaps MJ at the end of each film. He upped the ante with the third movie: two bad guys kidnap MJ at the end of the film.

CHWolf
12-21-2012, 08:08 PM
Hate to defend the trilogy, but the goal was the ultimate corruption of Harry. Built from the first film onward.

Not saying it worked, etc.

dx
12-23-2012, 12:36 AM
The intentional silly scenes in each Rami movie drive me nuts and I skip them anytime I watch the films.

Never liked Toby McGuire, Kirsten Dunst, or Aunt May Actress. The movies were not that great and didn't hold up over time.

Spiderman II is the most watchable of the original three.

I enjoyed the new film and the direction they are going with it. Just keep the cheese factor out of them.

Biofungus
12-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Don't be dissin' Aunt May. She was probably the most spot on character in Raimi's entire trilogy.

CHWolf
12-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Hey, remember that scene in the bank, where she slapped the bank employee's hand for trying to steal a single coin?

Comedy genius.

-_-

Biofungus
12-24-2012, 03:32 PM
That wasn't meant to be funny. It was the little understood second theme of the movie: "With great age comes great frugality."

CHWolf
12-25-2012, 01:45 AM
Everything is illuminated!!

galmando
01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
For me, Raimi's Spider-man was the onscreen depiction of classic Spidey

Webb's Spider-man is the modern interpretation

So we kinda got the best of both worlds

Classic Spidey is kind of outdated as far as movies are concerned, so I'm all for the new Spider-man

Plus, why is everyone so concerned with how Electro was portrayed in the comics? It's a different interpretation for a different audience

Get over it, Bitchezzzz!!!

Biofungus
01-03-2013, 08:48 PM
Well, for one thing: there are SOOOOO many better villains they could have went with. So why go for a B/C-lister with gimmick casting?

CHWolf
01-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I mean it's like a Batman film with Killer Moth played by Adam Sandler.

Then they make him a D.A. who turns evil after befriending Bruce.

Just a big "What?!"

galmando
01-04-2013, 03:46 AM
As far as villains go, I'd agree that Electro is pretty 2 dimensional, but then again you could say that about most of the villains introduced in the first 20 issues of ASM. It took time for the villains to become the fleshed out characters that some of them are now

Having said that, i think that, visually, Electro would look fantastic on screen, and I'm sure they'd have him doing more than just a Palpatine routine. Also, it would be refreshing, once in a while, to have a Spidey villain who is bad just for the sake of being bad

Max Dillon pretty much fits that bill from hid first appearance, he gets powers and thinks 'hey, i'm gonna get me some money'

Plus, i think he has an awesome costume, although it's unlikely that we'll see it fully realised on screen

Buckyrig
01-04-2013, 12:31 PM
They already put Venom in a Spider-Man movie. Everyone...everyone is a step up from that. I'd have rather seen Boomerang as the main villain.

Newt
01-04-2013, 01:26 PM
Wasn't the Punisher originally a Spiderman villain? They should bring him in.

galmando
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
That's an interesting point...

So who would have the rights to Luke Cage? Cuz he was introduced in AMS, right? I've got the issue somewhere...

Or would he fall with Avengers as he is most prominently used there?

Biofungus
01-04-2013, 02:44 PM
As far as villains go, I'd agree that Electro is pretty 2 dimensional, but then again you could say that about most of the villains introduced in the first 20 issues of ASM. It took time for the villains to become the fleshed out characters that some of them are now

Having said that, i think that, visually, Electro would look fantastic on screen, and I'm sure they'd have him doing more than just a Palpatine routine. Also, it would be refreshing, once in a while, to have a Spidey villain who is bad just for the sake of being bad

Max Dillon pretty much fits that bill from hid first appearance, he gets powers and thinks 'hey, i'm gonna get me some money'

Plus, i think he has an awesome costume, although it's unlikely that we'll see it fully realised on screen
I have to be honest, virtually everything you described reminded me of Doctor Doom from the first FF movie.

I don't see this ending well...

CHWolf
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
But what does this have to do with the Punish-- Oh, snap!

But anyway, there are plenty of Spidey-Villains who are one small tweak away from greatness.

Vulture - Make him a tad younger, jet black, jet-like flight suit and he's less laughable.

Rhino - Make him a tad smarter and he's more threatening on his own. Go cyborg on his ass.

Mysterio - Make him a tad less stupid-looking and he's incredibly threatening and lends some wild Inception graphics to the film.

Kraven - Maybe later on, of course, but make him more of a modern survivalist (who's still insane) and there you go.

Hobgoblin - More "Modern Horror" than "Power Rangers". Pale, freaky, etc. Give the Green Goblin a rest for a while?

Scorpion - Give him a free-floating "drone" stinger that's mentally bonded with him and around him at all times instead of the awkward tail.

And hey, even Electro... remember the electric Gremlin from Gremlins 2? XD

But really my top choice for a Spider-Villain?

The Beetle.

He was a favorite as a kid, but even so he still makes a lot of sense because you have a (very) loose tie-in to Iron Man and the Marvel films.

Imagine the Beetle in Tony Stark rip-off armor, beetle themed and not TOO close so as to avoid legal problems.

Just think about "Spider-Man vs. Iron Man: The Movie".

Troy Wall
01-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Cage didn't first appear in ASM...he actually had his own #1 issue that he debuted in. He appears on a memorable cover (ASM 123) and that's probably what a lotta folks see and think is his debut.

Punisher of course came along just six issues later and wanted to punish (heh) Spider-Man for his apparent murder of Norman Osborn (as reported by Daily Bugle). The Punisher worked with the Jackal during his first appearance. The Jackal had the makings of a classic villain early on...he was pretty fucking demented. But then Marvel ran a train on the character for like 5 years in 90's and he became a really bad joke.

/Geek

Biofungus
01-05-2013, 02:17 AM
That guy at the end of Amazing Spider-Man WAS the Jackal, so they've already got plans for him.

I think Kraven would still be one of the best (if not the best) villains. There's something identifiable about him, despite how obsessed (to the point of insanity) he becomes. Of course, part of that is how his story ultimately (and tragically) plays out in the comic.

I think ironically that Vulture is probably the easiest to "hollywood-ize" with the least trauma to the character (and fans). The military already has wing suits, so it's not a huge stretch to make one self powered (to cover the hardware angle). And the Vulture himself was not so overly deep so as to make his motives un-fuckable-with. In fact, I think they did make him young again at one point (and either the process eventually lost it's ability or some crazy stuff that made him old again, so age isn't a super big concern either).

Evan Henry
01-05-2013, 04:08 AM
That guy at the end of Amazing Spider-Man WAS the Jackal, so they've already got plans for him.

Has that been made official yet? I was guessing it was Osborn, but Jackal seems more likely, now that I think of it.

galmando
01-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I think they did make him young again at one point (and either the process eventually lost it's ability or some crazy stuff that made him old again.

Didn't they just introduce a younger guy claiming the mantle of the Vulture, think he ended up fighting the original Vulture

I can't imagine Marvel making a massive change to a characters status quo just go and change it again later.

Lovecraft13
01-05-2013, 01:32 PM
I won't acknowledge any Spider-man movie that doesn't star Ben Reilly.

Troy Wall
01-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Didn't they just introduce a younger guy claiming the mantle of the Vulture, think he ended up fighting the original Vulture

I can't imagine Marvel making a massive change to a characters status quo just go and change it again later.

The new Vulture was introduced about three years ago in ASM. He was a mob enforcer and very creepy...didn't talk much, hid his disfigured lower face with scarf like garment. Greg Rucka used him in Punisher because of the character's mob ties. It was a great fight, but the Punisher killed him.

Troy Wall
01-05-2013, 05:14 PM

Is this confirmed? Seemed like Electro to me...came in and disappeared with the thunder and lightening.

Justice41
01-05-2013, 05:30 PM
If they were going to redo spidey why not go hog wild and Do Spidey 2099. The mazing Spiderman was fairly close to that version already. Unless Kraven can somehow fly or scale huge buildings like the Lizard or venom or Doc Ock don't expect him in any new spidey flicks. The use of the cities skyscrapers is essential to spidey flicks.

Troy Wall
01-07-2013, 12:47 AM
It was reported that they wanted to take cues from the original Bendis Ultimate Spider-Man series from 2000 with the new movies. I say casting an actual 15-year-old kid for once instead of a 30-year-old posing as a teenager would be a good first step in doing that.

CHWolf
01-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Christ's sake... didn't The Beetle, now Mach-5, fight a new guy as the Beetle? Didn't the Rhino fight a new guy as the Rhino? The Vulture, too? Jeeze, starting to see why Hollywood keeps recycling without concern.

Lovecraft13
01-07-2013, 01:57 AM
Redd Foxx should play Electro.

CHWolf
01-07-2013, 02:43 AM
Jamie Farr should play Electro.

Paul Sanderson
01-09-2013, 12:50 AM

I won't acknowledge the Pink Flamingo movie that doesn't star you in the title role.

Biofungus
01-09-2013, 03:53 AM
What if they made him Irish and called him Ben O'Reilly? A drunken Scarlet Spider swinging through Manhattan. It's like a modern "George of the Jungle" that doesn't suck/star Brendan Frasier. And when Spidey is on his way to save a kidnapped MJ and drunken SS swings into him? Pure. Comedy. Gold.

Lovecraft13
01-09-2013, 08:09 PM
What if they made him Irish and called him Ben O'Reilly? A drunken Scarlet Spider swinging through Manhattan. It's like a modern "George of the Jungle" that doesn't suck/star Brendan Frasier. And when Spidey is on his way to save a kidnapped MJ and drunken SS swings into him? Pure. Comedy. Gold.

Honestly, I'd watch that.

Biofungus
01-11-2013, 03:47 AM
Honestly, I'd watch that.
I know. I think I just gave the Wayans Bros. /Scary Movie writers their next project.

I apologize to everyone in advance.

Troy Wall
01-11-2013, 04:11 PM
Christ's sake... didn't The Beetle, now Mach-5, fight a new guy as the Beetle? Didn't the Rhino fight a new guy as the Rhino? The Vulture, too? Jeeze, starting to see why Hollywood keeps recycling without concern.

Happens almost once per month. Hobgoblin fought another guy as Hobgoblin right before the ASM #700 hooplah.

CHWolf
01-11-2013, 06:56 PM
This is all making me rethink my concept for "Fight of a Million Billion Unicorpses".

Evan Henry
02-26-2013, 11:22 PM
New MJ:

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/60580-shailene-woodley-dyes-her-hair-red-to-play-mary-jane-watson-in-the-amazing-spide/1361890241_shailene-woodley-red-hair-467.jpg

Lovecraft13
02-27-2013, 12:28 AM
She makes Kristen Dunst look like a super model.

Co.Inkadink
02-27-2013, 02:04 AM
New MJ:

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/60580-shailene-woodley-dyes-her-hair-red-to-play-mary-jane-watson-in-the-amazing-spide/1361890241_shailene-woodley-red-hair-467.jpg

Face it Tiger you just hit the skids.

CHWolf
02-27-2013, 02:55 AM
Can Mephisto erase this from my memory?

Justice41
02-27-2013, 03:21 AM
small head thick neck

CHWolf
02-27-2013, 03:36 AM
Still, nice to see Tobey back in the franchise.

<I feel horrible about myself.>

Evan Henry
02-27-2013, 04:42 AM
Still, nice to see Tobey back in the franchise.

<I feel horrible about myself.>

She looks alright in other pictures. Something obviously went horribly wrong with that one, though. :laugh:

Buckyrig
02-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Don't see your driver's license photos up, guys. :whistlin:

Lovecraft13
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM
None of us were hired to play one of the sexiest women in Marvel Comics. She looks like Michael Chiklis in drag.

Buckyrig
02-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Oh please. Todd MacFarlane...or someone else at the time just decided one day that she was a model.

Co.Inkadink
02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Oh please. Todd MacFarlane...or someone else at the time just decided one day that she was a model.
True, but she was hot from day or panel one.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ejjhsIvsHXk/UNrlo3MVOjI/AAAAAAAABTI/NghpL4xdcz0/s1600/romita_sr_spiderman11.jpg
Sad thing is they already had the perfect Mary Jane in the first movie.
http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/uploads/ConnerDinkins/2012-04-12_132312_Emma_Stone_Em_Jay_copy.jpg

Buckyrig
02-27-2013, 08:25 PM
This thread is officially sad.

Moonrider
02-27-2013, 09:07 PM
The new MJ. She... does look a bit Jeremy Renner-ish from that picture...

CHWolf
02-27-2013, 11:15 PM
Don't see your driver's license photos up, guys. :whistlin:

http://doompuppet.com/uploads/yis_icon.gif

So anyway, back to the Spider-Franchise's piss-poor casting...

dx
02-28-2013, 02:53 AM
Just Saying!

http://i2.listal.com/image/3147947/600full-jane-levy.jpg

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/BV/elle-jane-levy-43IqFB-medn.jpg

It's not like she doesn't have her own TV show...and plays a high school student.

dx
02-28-2013, 02:55 AM
New MJ:

Ya know that Aerosmith song, "Dude looks like a lady?"

It's the same thing.....................................In reverse.

kamikaze
02-28-2013, 05:17 AM
all this change stuff is getting ridiculous. They change the Kingpin in Daredevil now Electro? I wish they would stick with the source material. Some change is okay, but this is horrible.

Co.Inkadink
02-28-2013, 06:38 AM
Just Saying!

http://i2.listal.com/image/3147947/600full-jane-levy.jpg

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/BV/elle-jane-levy-43IqFB-medn.jpg

It's not like she doesn't have her own TV show...and plays a high school student.

I don't know who this is but she looks a lot like Emma Stone. She would be good though. Why don't they just get Stone to play both parts and Patty Duke this sucker?

Evan Henry
02-28-2013, 06:52 AM
Jane Levy. That's not a terrible idea, actually...

They should totally let geeks cast these things.

CHWolf
02-28-2013, 02:45 PM
I think most (some?) of us already suspect Stone was cast before things were final... then some exec or whomever said, "Wait, make it Gwen Stacy. Nobody will even notice."

dx
03-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Looks like a dude

http://www.keithdustin.com/uploads/looks_like_a_dude.jpg

Evan Henry
03-03-2013, 02:07 PM
Chris Cooper is Norman Osborn:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/chris-cooper-int_02.jpg

If he goes Goblin in this film, I think it will be safe to assume that this is going to wind up a repeat of Spider-Man 3.

Lovecraft13
03-03-2013, 06:25 PM
The first flick wasn't compelling, and it featured one villain.

CHWolf
03-04-2013, 12:13 AM
Don't expect the Green Goblin, at least at first. They'll probably want to continue down the boring emo road and will probably end up rebooting before we see what they had in store for Osborn. If anything.

Moonrider
03-12-2013, 10:20 PM
I expect Cooper to break into a 'Goblin Rap' at the middle of the movie.

CHWolf
03-14-2013, 09:54 PM
Spider-Bitch tryin' to stop my flow.
Can he swing from a web?
Shit, I don't know.

Duane Korslund
03-15-2013, 09:36 AM
go goblin, go goblin, go goblin go!

Troy Wall
03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Ah, Chris Cooper, or how I have referred to him for twenty years now..."dude who plays fucked up pissed off Dad in every movie".

Chris Cooper's top three performances as fucked up pissed off Dad:

Boys (1996)

October Sky (1999)

And the fucked up pissed off Dad role of a life time...

American Beauty (1999)

Troy Wall
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Looks like a dude

http://www.keithdustin.com/uploads/looks_like_a_dude.jpg

That is an unusually horrible photograph of the girl.

Moonrider
03-17-2013, 10:35 PM
That is an unusually horrible photoshop of the girl.

To be exact.

kamikaze
03-18-2013, 09:57 PM
screenrant said the maryjane scenes are already finished, so her part is probably small..here's how she looks in the movie

CHWolf
03-19-2013, 01:29 AM
"Yuck, poo, ugly, gross, and also where can I find nudes?" - Entire Internet

Baron Spider
03-21-2013, 11:48 PM
Looks like they're going to make MJ more of a tomboy. Seems like every pic of her she has a leather jacket or a motorcycle.

CHWolf
03-22-2013, 12:51 AM
Hollywood adores the "Ginger/Mary Ann" and wouldn't dream of breaking tradition.

CHWolf
04-22-2013, 12:19 AM
Tee...

http://i.newsarama.com/images/asm-2-electro-4.jpg

...Hee!

http://i.newsarama.com/images/asm-2-electro-5.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=5007&page=3

Gonzogoose
04-22-2013, 06:55 AM
Tee...

...Hee!

http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album_view.php?gid=5007&page=3

Yeah... saw these, and I REALLY hope the special effects make this look better!

Evan Henry
04-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Max Dillon and Harry Osborn.

http://i.newsarama.com/images/amazing-spider-man-2-max-dillon-official.jpg

http://i.newsarama.com/images/amazing-spider-man-2-harry-osborn-official.jpg

Is there a hairdresser somewhere I can punch?

Justice41
04-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Harry needs to lay off the pipe. The look and casting in these flicks gets worse and worse.

Sentry1996
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Is there a hairdresser somewhere I can punch?[/QUOTE]

they tend to punch back (voice of experience)

CHWolf
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
It's the Spidey vs. Dr. Manhattan brawl we've all been expecting.

dx
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM
Is there a hairdresser somewhere I can punch?

they tend to punch back (voice of experience)[/QUOTE]

yeah...maybe...but can you really call it a punch?

Baron Spider
04-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Why is David Bowie in Harry's reflection?

Paul Sanderson
04-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Pics of the new Spidey movie suit:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=78143

Evan Henry
04-24-2013, 06:29 AM
Pics of the new Spidey movie suit:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=78143

I was going to try to caption this one:

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/EvanBHenry/spid1_zpsdc4b312d.jpg

But... I have no idea where to start. :blink:

Moonrider
04-24-2013, 11:40 AM
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k554/EvanBHenry/spid1_zpsdc4b312d.jpg

. You want some of these web fluids, baby?

Justice41
04-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Except for the spidey emblem and huge eyes this looks like the Tobey costume, but the belt had to be twice as thick huh.

CHWolf
04-24-2013, 02:26 PM
"No, M.J. stands for Mary Jane."

Alternately...

"Hey, Tobey! Suck it, Gatsby-bait. Yeah, that's right."

Moonrider
04-25-2013, 01:38 PM
I'm actually a bit disappointed that they went back to the original comic book design. I'm sure that was the studio's idea, considering that the first movie didn't take off the way they expected. But even though going back to the old design probably tested better with their target demography, I believe that the costume was the least of their problems.

Evan Henry
04-25-2013, 01:40 PM
"Hey, Tobey! Suck it, Gatsby-bait. Yeah, that's right."

^Ooh, that one! :bounce: