PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: Chains of Betrayal

Jon Dahl
10-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Apparently, this came out in 2008. I only discovered it today on IMDB.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BR3brXthcxc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's quite possibly the worst thing I've ever seen.

These kids obviously don't know any black people. They smeared some brown make-up on the guy playing Worf, but forgot his hands. :laugh:

I keep trying to watch it, but I can't make it through the first few minutes without pausing it out of embarrassment.

:laugh:

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tht-NkGK5qs&feature=relmfu

Part 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZcBPnMmxug&feature=relmfu

Part 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX72tZuFEQ8&feature=relmfu

Part 5.. Like anyone will make it this far. :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x29HwrgSljg&feature=relmfu

The Dag
10-19-2012, 03:13 AM
awesome

i like how they got no black friends.

Ray Dillon
10-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Holy...

Y'know? I think the fake black kid is the best actor ... of all the awful ... awful actors.

Ray Dillon
10-19-2012, 04:18 AM
I really want to know how this came to be. And I'm going to say that girl is definitely not a dedicated Star Trek fan ... so someone had to have been appealing to her dreams of being an actress some day.

Comix Obsession
10-19-2012, 07:21 AM
This... this is a joke, right? I mean, this was never supposed to be serious...?

I'm highly confused, because on the one hand it's absolutely terrible, so bad that it must be done as a joke, but on the other hand they have a full script (apparently without any jokes from the couple of minutes I could bare) and it's actually a full-length thing. So is this some kind of elaborate 'let's see just how tasteless die-hard Trekkies really are' piss-take, or is this actually just a bunch of complete nerds without any clue as to just how bad all this is.

To be honest, to each their own, but I've seen some episodes of Star Trek, enjoyed them, liked the new movie, and think that this show gets a bad rap for its fans. So I'd like this to not be true, just so that when I watch Star Trek on TV I don't feel like I'm part of some weird cult of crazies.

Duane Korslund
10-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Wait...why does Dr Crusher have an English accent...Councilor Troi doesnt have an accent....LaForge is frickin white...Worf has white hands.....this....this...is just....I mean...WoW....if you're going to make a fan film...at least make it remotely accurate....as a star trek fan I feel dirty even watching this....if it were a farce or some attempt at parody I could even half accept it...but these people are trying to be serious....I think...if they are attempting comedy....wost attempt ever...

The Dag
10-19-2012, 01:15 PM
i only watched part one. i am looking forward to the rest. this is why the internet was made.

Duane Korslund
10-19-2012, 01:25 PM
i only watched part one. i am looking forward to the rest. this is why the internet was made.

wait till you see Picard...

The Dag
10-19-2012, 02:21 PM
wait till you see Picard...

i hope no i wish its a guy in a bald cap.

Duane Korslund
10-19-2012, 02:43 PM
i hope no i wish its a guy in a bald cap.

I would have preferred that....prepare for disappointment

The Dag
10-19-2012, 03:45 PM
would be cool if he is played by a black guy.

The Dag
10-19-2012, 03:50 PM
I would have preferred that....prepare for disappointment

lol love it!

Ray Dillon
10-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I've decided that if these people are still around it is my goal to appear on a new episode of this masterpiece. :laugh:

Ray Dillon
10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA! Just saw Picard! THIS IS ART!!!

The Dag
10-19-2012, 04:04 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA! Just saw Picard! THIS IS ART!!!

its gold.

btw the guy playing data isnt bad.

Duane Korslund
10-19-2012, 04:18 PM
its gold.

Multi-hued Worf at least has the accent down...

Biofungus
10-19-2012, 04:39 PM
Multi-hued Worf at least has the accent down...
Guarantee you the guy had the klingon dictionary memorized before word one was ever even written.

Duane Korslund
10-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Guarantee you the guy had the klingon dictionary memorized before word one was ever even written.

I just about died when he tried a scary klingon stance brandishing that tiny knife...maybe we should set up a kickstarter for these guys...have them helm all new Trek tales...Geordi gets the Michael Jackson disease...troi and crusher switch vocal cords...Picard becomes completely inanimate, save for his lips...it has promise....

Bishop
10-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Dammit. You guys made me scan through all that crap just to see Picard. I kind of wish the entire episode was done like they did Picard now...

BTW: That Spock dude looks like a young Quinto-Spock.

Biofungus
10-19-2012, 08:02 PM
There's no way this is not a joke. Seriously. Riker constantly pulling down his shirt, saying it should have been Wesley who died, and always flipping the chair around to sit down, the transporter captain always having a beer mug (sometimes empty, sometimes not) in his hand, the bad startfleet insignia cut out and taped to the back of Spock's macbook, etc.

And they couldn't even find a simple banana clip for LaForge's visor?

Jon Dahl
10-19-2012, 10:10 PM
It's no joke, it even has its own wiki page: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Chains_of_Betrayal

Biofungus
10-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Since when is having a wiki page proof of legitimacy? :D

They literally took every cliche from the show (and a whole sh*tload of ones from outside of it) and put them into a 40 page script. I'm not saying they didn't try/intend for it to be coherent, but it's definitely parody.

Jon Dahl
10-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Mark, I'm using your real name so you know I'm serious, Mark, don't ruin this for me.

Just... Just let me have this.

The Dag
10-19-2012, 11:35 PM
i think it's real. i found a blog from the maker talking about filming and shit.

even if someone gave me facts that its fake won't make me change my mind. it's still real to me damnit.

Biofungus
10-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Obviously it's real. I'm not denying that. I'm referring moreso to the intentions of the film makers when they made this.

I cannot believe they made this with 100% serious intent.

Comix Obsession
10-20-2012, 04:26 AM
its gold.

You mean, as in not worse than the original Data? I've always thought Data appearing robotic made it just seem like the guy couldn't act. So yeah, bad acting kinda fits Data here.

You guys need to know about this if you don't already. This is parody:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EkN8WtFTpE

Unfortunately if these Trek guys were going for parody they missed it by so, so much.

EDIT: Just saw Picard ( :D :D )after everyone was talking about it. This is 100% parody, it just has to be. Sorry, Jon!

Ray Dillon
10-20-2012, 05:45 AM
it's still real to me damnit.

I really want that to be a reference to that crazy wrestling fan on Tosh.o :laugh:

Co.Inkadink
10-20-2012, 06:59 AM
These kids obviously don't know any black people. They smeared some brown make-up on the guy playing Worf, but forgot his hands. :laugh:

I'm sure these kids don't have Black Friends. What Black kid wouldn't want to be immortalized in a quality production like this? These are obviously the coolest kids in school.

Biofungus
10-20-2012, 12:07 PM
I'm sure these kids don't have Black Friends. What Black kid wouldn't want to be immortalized in a quality production like this? These are obviously the coolest kids in school.
So you're saying they're all home schooled then?

Lovecraft13
10-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I know black people.

Lovecraft13
10-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Re: Warf.

You know what they say about black people with white hands?

The Dag
10-20-2012, 05:47 PM
I really want that to be a reference to that crazy wrestling fan on Tosh.o :laugh:

yes to the wrestling fan no to tosh.o. but they might be the same video.

The Dag
10-20-2012, 05:48 PM
I know black people.

i saw one today.

Jon Dahl
10-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Ha! In your face Mark! It's not a parody! It's "tribute" according to IMDB!

IN IT! :nyah:

Biofungus
10-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Just like "Police Squad" was a "tribute" to all the cop shows of the 50's through the 70's ;)

CHWolf
10-20-2012, 09:26 PM
This is the greatest and best show on the web... Tribute.

Long time ago, me and my #1 Riker, here... were were trekking through... the final frontier. Then all of a sudden, there shined a shiny demingod... in the middle... of the screen.

AND Q SAID: "Maaaaake the best show on the web, or I'll pierce your hull." (Hull!)

Well me and Riker... we hailed each other... AND WE EACH SAID... "Make it so."

So we wrote the best show that came to our heads, just so happened to be... the best show on the web! It was the best show on the web!

Troi, tap into my thoughts and it's easy to see - we're cool with Klingons now, but still hate Ferenghi, there's bad history...

Once every hundred thousand missions or so, when the phasers doth stun and torpedoes doth blow, and the warp - core - glows...

Well needless to log, Q was PISSED. A FORCE ZAP went his Goddy-Hand, but fortunately he missed.

He asked us: "*SNORT* Be you space Gods?"

And we said: "Negative... WE ARE MORTALS!" (Well, except for Data.)

SPOCK!

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,

Ohhh, whoa, ah-whoa-oh!

This is NOT the greatest show on the web. No, this is just a tribute. Recorded over, the greatest show on the web, so, NO! This is a TRIBUTE, oh, to the greatest show on TV, all right! It was the greatest show on the web, all right!

It was the best Tasha-killin' show, the greatest show on the web!

And the most peculiar thing is this, my fleet... the show we wrote on the fateful trek? IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THIS SHOW!!

This is just a tribute! Please don't spoil the ending! And I wish you'd get the box set! Just a few bucks on eBay! Good God, God damn it, who the Hell let Wesley Crusher in?

Jon Dahl
10-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I want you to know, I sang all of that as I read it. :laugh:

CHWolf
10-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Sorry about all the added syllables, then!

The Dag
10-20-2012, 11:27 PM
This is the greatest and best show on the web... Tribute.

Long time ago, me and my #1 Riker, here... were were trekking through... the final frontier. Then all of a sudden, there shined a shiny demingod... in the middle... of the screen.

AND Q SAID: "Maaaaake the best show on the web, or I'll pierce your hull." (Hull!)

Well me and Riker... we hailed each other... AND WE EACH SAID... "Make it so."

So we wrote the best show that came to our heads, just so happened to be... the best show on the web! It was the best show on the web!

Troi, tap into my thoughts and it's easy to see - we're cool with Klingons now, but still hate Ferenghi, there's bad history...

Once every hundred thousand missions or so, when the phasers doth stun and torpedoes doth blow, and the warp - core - glows...

Well needless to log, Q was PISSED. A FORCE ZAP went his Goddy-Hand, but fortunately he missed.

He asked us: "*SNORT* Be you space Gods?"

And we said: "Negative... WE ARE MORTALS!" (Well, except for Data.)

SPOCK!

Ahhh, ahhh, ahhh-ah-ah,

Ohhh, whoa, ah-whoa-oh!

This is NOT the greatest show on the web. No, this is just a tribute. Recorded over, the greatest show on the web, so, NO! This is a TRIBUTE, oh, to the greatest show on TV, all right! It was the greatest show on the web, all right!

It was the best Tasha-killin' show, the greatest show on the web!

And the most peculiar thing is this, my fleet... the show we wrote on the fateful trek? IT DIDN'T ACTUALLY LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THIS SHOW!!

This is just a tribute! Please don't spoil the ending! And I wish you'd get the box set! Just a few bucks on eBay! Good God, God damn it, who the Hell let Wesley Crusher in?

post of the year.

CHWolf
10-21-2012, 05:31 PM
I've won the coveted PotY!?!

The Dag
10-21-2012, 07:42 PM
I've won the coveted PotY!?!

yes. but its PotY on DW. DW only gets like 600 post a year now.

CHWolf
10-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I'll take it. My forums get like three.

Biofungus
10-22-2012, 08:14 PM
Ha! In your face Mark! It's not a parody! It's "tribute" according to IMDB!

IN IT! :nyah:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1358888/keywords

Jon Dahl
10-22-2012, 09:31 PM
You edited that! :man:

Biofungus
10-22-2012, 10:36 PM
That was my point :)

Although technically I just submitted the suggestions, it was IMDB's administrators that had to approve them (and did).

Jon Dahl
10-22-2012, 11:27 PM
You just can't let me have this. :(

The Dag
10-23-2012, 12:42 AM
you know there are only a few good guys on this site. maybe like 3 good guys out of 100s. Bio was one of those few good guys. but now he is a jerk for wrecking this.

Biofungus
10-23-2012, 02:13 AM
There is no way they can put a virtual shopping list of series cliches into a 40 minute teleplay and have it NOT be a parody/spoof!

You call me a jerk, I call it being realistic.

Biofungus
10-23-2012, 02:15 AM
Plus, just like people bitching about remakes; it doesn't negate the original material, so feel free to enjoy it however you like it. But people need to be duly warned of what they're walking into!

Plus, Picard lips.

No. Way. Not. A. Parody.

CHWolf
10-23-2012, 02:31 AM
Jon Dahl afflicted by fungus.