PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead: Season Three

Jon Dahl
10-15-2012, 09:17 PM
I watched S3E1 this morning because I don't have cable, and I thought this first episode was better than all of Season Two combined. I hope they keep it up and don't fall back into the slow pace like last season, because that would be cool, and if Lori Grimes is reading this, please... Please kill yourself.

:whistlin:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9_lkap-uFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qmPLFxNRL._SX500_.jpg

DISCUSS!

cheeseisgood1918
10-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Yep. I was just talking about that at work today. I have been on the fence about the show since season 1, but I've been telling myself I'm gonna stick with it until the prison. If they don't do the prison right, I'm done with the show. They don't have to necessarily do everything exactly like the comic did, but there are certain moments that made that part of the book great, and I really hope they don't pull punches with them.

AustinHamblin
10-15-2012, 11:09 PM
I love the prison saga best and now we can throw Daryl into the mix now!

Justice41
10-15-2012, 11:51 PM
I was falling asleep as they first started clearing the yard. Man it was dull. just the same ole same ole and just how long since last season does this occur? The pregnant chick is like 6 months preggers but was maybe 2 months at the end of season 2. You gonna tell me it took four months to walk down the street to this prison and all that time Michonne and the blonde have been running looking for them. Betcha some lesbian stuff happened with those two. bum chika bum chika wowow

VeaVictus
10-15-2012, 11:59 PM
I watched S3E1 this morning because I don't have cable, and I thought this first episode was better than all of Season Two combined. I hope they keep it up and don't fall back into the slow pace like last season, because that would be cool, and if Lori Grimes is reading this, please... Please kill yourself.

:whistlin:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V9_lkap-uFA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51qmPLFxNRL._SX500_.jpg

DISCUSS!

Don't Worry if the screenwriters are going to keep to the books Lori will be dead soon

Jon Dahl
10-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Hey look, it's my brother! :eek:

The Dag
10-16-2012, 03:54 AM
kill the kid.

but the blonde girl will die maybe next week.

Jon Dahl
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Andrea is still alive in the comics. At least up to where I've read, almost current.
Oh, spoiler alert, and stuff.

Co.Inkadink
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I used to hate Horror stuff, but this is one of the best shows on T.V. AMC has the best shows, Mad Men Breaking bad and this are my favorite shows.

Troy Wall
10-17-2012, 01:24 AM
AMC does not have the gonads to have Lori and the newborn gunned down together during the final battle with Governor/Woodbury forces. Also no gonads to have Governor rape Michonne for like a week straight then have her break free and ram a spoon up his ass and then use it to scoop out his eye ball.

But I bet T-Dog bites it the exact same way Tyrese did. This is my prophecy...T-Dog to be beheaded by Governor in front of everyone.

Justice41
10-17-2012, 11:35 AM
that black chick is fugly and scrawny.

Justice41
10-17-2012, 11:38 AM
AMC does not have the gonads to have Lori and the newborn gunned down together during the final battle with Governor/Woodbury forces. Also no gonads to have Governor rape Michonne for like a week straight then have her break free and ram a spoon up his ass and then use it to scoop out his eye ball.

But I bet T-Dog bites it the exact same way Tyrese did. This is my prophecy...T-Dog to be beheaded by Governor in front of everyone.

Wouldn't the T in T-dog be Tyrese?

Angel
10-17-2012, 12:31 PM
lolz! Lori's character bio on IMDB.com :har:

Jon Dahl
10-17-2012, 01:19 PM
lolz! Lori's character bio on IMDB.com :har:

For those that don't like to look for junk:

Lori was the cheating wife of Rick and verbally abusive mother of Carl. After Rick was wounded in a shoot-out, and put into a coma, the dead began to rise. Lori eventually took Carl to assumed safety in Atlanta, where her parents lived, accompanied by Shane. Along the way, Lori pretends to become increasingly emotionally-upset and desperate, due to the extreme guilt for "abandoning" the comatose Rick at the town's hospital. This is a cover for the fact that she has an addiction to drama and even after the world ends needs all attention to be focused on her.

Lori hadn't been with a man in quite some time and she decided to have a passionate night of sex with Shane on the highway to Atlanta, which she immediately regretted because Rick turned out to be alive. Upon arriving in Atlanta, and finding the city overrun by the undead, Shane forms a group of survivors and encamps outside the city limits, and eventually Rick joins them there. Lori decides that even though Shane loves her and her son and the world has been overrun with the undead, she does the most dramatic thing possible and tells Shane he can never talk to Carl or her again. Shane is devastated and considers killing Rick. The group leaves for safer areas of habitation after several survivors die in a walker attack.

The group arrives on Herschel's farm and Lori decides that her lust for drama is greater than the safety of her child or the group. This is shown after her child is injured on a hunting trip. Lori decides to scream and cry constantly disrupting the medical professional and nearly killing Carl. She even suggests that it might be best if Carl was dead. In what can only be described as a miracle, Carl survives his gunshot and his mother's severe incompetence. Lori decides that even though zombies could attack at any moment, her drama and personal agenda are more important so she convinces Rick to not teach Carl how to defend himself because guns are dangerous.

Lori realizes that she is pregnant and decides to endanger two members of the group by sending them on a dangerous mission back to a zombie infested town so she can get an abortion. Even though morning after pills would not work at her stage of pregnancy, are expired, and are never ever meant to be taken in groups, Lori decides to take 4-5 of them to try and mutate her baby and cause serious health complications to her. She regrets her decision and tries to throw them up but doesn't even bother to make sure she got them all out of her system.

Lori's next adventure happens when people decide to do something without her consent. Despite the fact she is pregnant, untrained with firearms, knows there are zombies in town, and isn't exactly sure where the group went to find Herschel, she is still haunted by the fact that somewhere people aren't caught up in her hysteria. She asks Daryl for help but Daryl cracks wise and calls her "Olive Oyle" probably in reference to the fact that she prefers the company of sailors. She decides to take one of the few working cars, a gun with 6 bullets, and drive into the zombie infested town. She either has terrible reflexes, can't drive, or has no attention span but whatever the reason, she flips the car into a ditch swerving away from a zombie. Even though, she only has 5 bullets left, is injured, and still really doesn't know where she is, she continues into town. She is saved by Shane.

After being saved by Shane, she decides first thing to conspire with her husband to have Shane killed.

The Dag
10-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Andrea is still alive in the comics. At least up to where I've read, almost current.
Oh, spoiler alert, and stuff.

im talking about the blonde girl that was singing. i would look up her name but no point. she will be dead next week. cause isn't one of the prisoners a serial killer thingy.

Justice41
10-17-2012, 07:08 PM
yeah and Dale already kicked the bucket so the farmer assumes his role without the benefit of some andrea tale.

jeffo46
10-17-2012, 07:24 PM
The season opener really kikced ass but christ almighty, kill off Laurie already. She's just plain fucking annoying.

Co.Inkadink
10-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Why does everyone want Lori dead and Rick's unborn baby? I think the 2 prisoners left are going to give them a hard time. Rick should've shown them the door.

Co.Inkadink
10-27-2012, 07:27 PM
I thought I saw a Daryl zombie in that trailer. Hope not. Andrea needs to go, I dislike her character, she was all for Shane last season. Looking forward to the lady with the 2 geeks on chains, she hasn't had much screen time or them, maybe it's the CGI budget?

Gonzogoose
10-27-2012, 07:39 PM
Andrea is a much better character in the comics, so yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing her go either.

As for Lori, she's just annoying.

And Michonne (the girl with the zombie pets), they're just pacing her story slowly for impact I think. We'll see more of her in the next few episodes I'd bet.

Justice41
10-28-2012, 12:14 AM
There was zero zip nadda reason for seperating the blonde chick from the rest of the group except to get fanboygasms when they had Michonne show up. That scene of the head slice was so weird. She's like 15 feet away yet was able to cut the zombies head in two.

Justice41
10-28-2012, 12:17 AM
I thought I saw a Daryl zombie in that trailer. Hope not. Andrea needs to go, I dislike her character, she was all for Shane last season. Looking forward to the lady with the 2 geeks on chains, she hasn't had much screen time or them, maybe it's the CGI budget?

Actually removing limbs is fairly easy. Just shoot a cover shot of just the environment, then shoot the actor with the greened or blued out limbs, then composite the two and replace the blue or green with the cover shot.

Jon Dahl
10-28-2012, 09:52 AM
I thought I saw a Daryl zombie in that trailer.

They're not going to kill off Daryl. They need him to fight his brother.

If they did kill him, I'd stop watching the show I think. He's the best actor they have! :laugh:

The Dag
10-28-2012, 10:04 AM
They're not going to kill off Daryl. They need him to fight his brother.

If they did kill him, I'd stop watching the show I think. He's the best actor they have! :laugh:

me too.

cheeseisgood1918
10-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Actually removing limbs is fairly easy. Just shoot a cover shot of just the environment, then shoot the actor with the greened or blued out limbs, then composite the two and replace the blue or green with the cover shot.

Yep. They showed what it looks like in Rolling Stone. Basically, the actors just wear green sleeves.

Troy Wall
10-29-2012, 01:01 AM
Wouldn't the T in T-dog be Tyrese?

I think it's just coincidence. I say that considering that Tyrese was a kick-ass mofro capable of leading the group just as well as Rick (and also fist fought him to a stand still), and T-Dog is...well, not that strong of a character.

Justice41
10-29-2012, 11:12 AM
I think it's just coincidence. I say that considering that Tyrese was a kick-ass mofro capable of leading the group just as well as Rick (and also fist fought him to a stand still), and T-Dog is...well, not that strong of a character.

There isn't any coincidences. You as a writer should know they wrote these characters to play multiple characters or characteristics from the comics. Mostly done for budget. It is funny how in the comics everywhere Rick goes more people, who up till then were doing fairly well start getting killed, they've started doing in the show. The prisoners are there 8-9 months and Rick and crew are there a day or two and already 3 of the prisoners are dead.

Justice41
10-29-2012, 11:14 AM

Oh and Tyrese in the comics was kinda a pussy. Tough guy but didn't know how to shoot or handle any kinda weapon. C'mon, an ex-pro football player who can't shoot a gun straight? wasn't believable in the comics.

Co.Inkadink
10-29-2012, 05:12 PM
There isn't any coincidences. You as a writer should know they wrote these characters to play multiple characters or characteristics from the comics. Mostly done for budget. It is funny how in the comics everywhere Rick goes more people, who up till then were doing fairly well start getting killed, they've started doing in the show. The prisoners are there 8-9 months and Rick and crew are there a day or two and already 3 of the prisoners are dead.

Of course the prisoners were isolated from the zombies with plenty of food. It makes sense that they encountered no trouble.

Co.Inkadink
10-29-2012, 05:16 PM
Last night episode was pretty good, I was liking the governor, first time I liked Andrea too, she seemed all laid back and calm. And then the soldier slaughter, and then the heads in the fish tanks. The heads in the fish tanks, just staring at them. That was creepier than any zombie on the show to me.

I want Rick and the Gov to face off and Rick to take over that town and get rid of Merle.

Justice41
10-29-2012, 07:29 PM
I was bored to tears so watched hurricane coverage right about when the two were being talked to by Merle.

Eliseu Gouveia
10-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Why does everyone want Lori dead and Shane's unborn baby? I think the 2 prisoners left are going to give them a hard time. Rick should've shown them the door.

Fixed it for ya. ^^

The Dag
11-04-2012, 10:21 PM
well it's about this. He made it longer then i thought he would.

The Dag
11-05-2012, 04:08 AM
about time they died.

Co.Inkadink
11-05-2012, 06:34 AM
Man that was sad.

Bishop
11-05-2012, 07:34 AM
Man that was sad.

Yeah. That was some of the most emotional tv I've ever seen.

Eliseu Gouveia
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Man that was sad.

Yeah, he went like a true champ.

Justice41
11-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Wusses. Crybabies all. It's a TV show folks.

Bishop
11-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Shut up. You're going to make me cry.

brandnewday
11-05-2012, 10:07 PM
Tbone Died like true warrior

Justice41
11-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Looks like the Black prisoner is going to be the Tyrese Character and the dweeb is going to be the Biker character from the comics. So look for the Black prisoner to be chopped up by the Guvnah.

Angel
11-06-2012, 05:48 PM
It should be more watchable now with Lori dead. Just saying. Ha! her IMDB bios says it all.

Jon Dahl
11-06-2012, 06:36 PM
Looks like the Black prisoner is going to be the Tyrese Character and the dweeb is going to be the Biker character from the comics. So look for the Black prisoner to be chopped up by the Guvnah.

I thought the exact same thing.

This was a pretty brutal episode, I was surprised Carl shot Lori.

The Dag
11-06-2012, 11:54 PM
Ok i hope Carl goes next.

Jon Dahl
11-07-2012, 12:55 AM
He won't be. He's the main focus in the book in the later issues.

Justice41
11-07-2012, 02:17 AM
the show reads as being desperate. Things have been going at an accelerated pace for no real good reason. I also don't believe Carl shot his mom. If ya didn't see it it didn't happen. We saw everyone else from the main cast get killed except Her, plus why wasn't she also on Talking Dead instead of Hurd?

Co.Inkadink
11-07-2012, 06:14 PM
I think I know why I had no dislike for Lori's character on the show. I've been on some other forums and she's universally hated. I think this is because of her character in the books and her portrayal here. I really liked Sarah-Wayne Callies on Prison Break and when I saw her on here I transferred some of that over. I never saw her as an Adulteress because she believed Rick was dead, but looking back I can see how she was whiny and self-righteous. All that said I am emotionally invested in this show, I've never read the comics and the compilations are too expensive now. A friend at work wanted to buy some and I buy some and borrow from each other but it's too expensive, so I just have the show.

I was hooked from the first episode and it's not about the zombies and I am easily scared I just realized I like being scared. It's about the characters, I don't care what they did in the comics now so if Andrea is a great character in the comics it doesn't matter because she's annoying on the show. Lori is probably more hated in the comic and it's transferred here but the actress for me was likeable and I found her death poignant and sad.

Carl the kid is a little one note but he's coming around. The thing is I don't want anyone to die on this show but I know they're all doomed. This is a Post-Modern Nihilistic universe on the show and devoid of Hope. This show is one of a kind and wouldn't have worked 10 years ago. I have deep discussions with my friend at work about this show it really is about more than zombies it's about life. It's heartbreaking and sad most of the time.
I didn't see T-dog and Lori's deaths coming but that's how life is. Killing 2 in one show is surprising but it makes sense.

I worry about the baby now. How will they feed and care for an infant? It's going to be strange. That baby needs it's Mother, Lori had the one thing that baby needed her milk and now I don't like the idea of a baby dying on this show or worse. On this show the worse is horrible.

Troy Wall
11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Ok i hope Carl goes next.

Carl is very durable. He had half his head blown off in the comic and he's still kickin'. He just wears a gigantic bandage over the crater sized hole in his head and keeps on keeping on.

Jon Dahl
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Carl is very durable. He had half his head blown off in the comic and he's still kickin'. He just wears a gigantic bandage over the crater sized hole in his head and keeps on keeping on.

Yup.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/awards/2011/Carl-shotinface.jpg

Biofungus
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
Is Carl half zombie?

Co.Inkadink
11-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Is Carl half zombie?How can you be half zombie? If that's something in the comics then I'm glad I don't read them. You're either dead or not. If they make half dead characters it becomes lame.

I can't wait for tonight. This is the show I look forward to all week.

Co.Inkadink
11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
What was that all about? Zombie wrestling? Anyway last night was a mixed bag, Andrea is either poorly written or she's just dumb. The Rick stuff didn't seem in character. I'm sure he has regrets because he didn't appreciate his nagging wife when she was around but that was too weird. His kids needed him more than he needed "revenge?" How can you get revenge on creatures that don't understand?
The Governor is quite a super freak, "Daddy Loves you Penny". This show is all over the place this week. I knew it would be hard to top last week.

Troy Wall
11-12-2012, 10:06 PM
What was that all about? Zombie wrestling? Anyway last night was a mixed bag, Andrea is either poorly written or she's just dumb. The Rick stuff didn't seem in character. I'm sure he has regrets because he didn't appreciate his nagging wife when she was around but that was too weird. His kids needed him more than he needed "revenge?" How can you get revenge on creatures that don't understand?
The Governor is quite a super freak, "Daddy Loves you Penny". This show is all over the place this week. I knew it would be hard to top last week.

The people fighting in a zombie pit is from the comic. However, TV governor is much, MUCH more reserved than comic book governor. The "staged" part of the fight with the bit about the Zombie's teeth being removed was not in the comic. Governor fed the zombies strangers in the comic to keep them good and "healthy"...which was slightly hinted at in the TV show when a bucket of body parts was shown in the guy's hand after Michonne freed and killed the zombies being held for the fighting pit games. Basically, the TV show at least *tries* to get the viewer to feel some sort of sympathy for the Gov., where as in the comic he was a completely sadistic, irredeemable bastard from the word go.

It is odd how fast they are accelerating things. I'm assuming Rick is hallucinating the phone ringing and that it will be Lori on the line...like how it happened around issue 50 after she died in the last stand against Woodbury. Could play out differently, though, since the show is fairly different from the comic.

Andrea is the character that's been changed the most from comic to TV. That's in stark contrast to her being the best sharp shooter the group has ever had in the comic. She's repelled bad guys almost single-handedly on more than one occasion. Now she just kinda fawns after the Governor...

Doesn't look like there will be a Daryl VS. Merl showdown. With him being sent after Michonne for next week's episode, it's very hard to imagine he would survive a duel with her. Maybe he'll just lose another limb! That's a guarantee, actually.

Gonzogoose
11-13-2012, 12:38 AM
I loved this week's episode. So many callbacks to the comic with the Governor and Rick and so forth. I didn't feel like it was all over the place at all.

Rick was in shock. He had been the one holding it together, keeping it all in. And losing Lori just made him lose it. He let loose, and when he found the zombie that ate Lori's body, that really made him snap. Hence the infamous phone at the end, which I honestly geeked out over.

Co.Inkadink
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
I loved this week's episode. So many callbacks to the comic with the Governor and Rick and so forth. I didn't feel like it was all over the place at all.

Rick was in shock. He had been the one holding it together, keeping it all in. And losing Lori just made him lose it. He let loose, and when he found the zombie that ate Lori's body, that really made him snap. Hence the infamous phone at the end, which I honestly geeked out over.

I find I like the prison better than woodbury. Woodbury has potential but I haven't seen it yet. Michonne is another potentially great character, My nephew told me all of these cool stories about her and then the 2 geeks get killed right away and all I've seen her do is scowl and go ninja once or twice. I want some real action at woodbury or the 2 camps to meet up.

Troy Wall
11-13-2012, 11:16 PM
I find I like the prison better than woodbury. Woodbury has potential but I haven't seen it yet. Michonne is another potentially great character, My nephew told me all of these cool stories about her and then the 2 geeks get killed right away and all I've seen her do is scowl and go ninja once or twice. I want some real action at woodbury or the 2 camps to meet up.

That's the one thing that is moving slowly...the meeting of the two camps and the establishment of tension between them. I could see the Governor story taking two seasons to finish, but I think it is more likely that things will ramp up very soon and be completely finished by episode 16.

Co.Inkadink
11-19-2012, 05:55 AM
Man that was a good episode. The team switch is going to be interesting. Also a ray of sunshine in a dark world at the end. This one really had some twists and turns, I don't want to elaborate until people chime in but it was great.

Bishop
11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
I agree. Great episode that really left me not wanting to wait for next week.

Troy Wall
11-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Governor is living it up at this point, drinking wine in his garden and getting laid. Kinda odd how Andrea doesn't think..."Wait...what the fuck?" when he starts talking about how he actually likes the way the world is now in the zombie apocalypse.

Merle is the biggest bastard on the show. He bitched out on pursuing Michonne and shot his own man point blank for disagreeing with him. Maggie and Glenn are about to be tortured beyond belief because of him. Hard to predict how Merle is going to bite it...either by Daryl's hands or the Governor's for lying to him.

Merle could beat Governor hand to hand...Governor is definitely not portrayed as a badass. The only kill he's had was when he feigned friendship to the national guard members and drew on them after they had lowered their weapons. If Governor kills Merle for lying, he'll need to do it the cowardly way by shooting him in the back or something.

Bishop
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Merle needs to be zombie chow, and I bet however he goes it will be Darryl that does it.

Co.Inkadink
11-19-2012, 03:39 PM
I hope the 2 camps face off soon. I hope the rest of the season is about Rick and his crew getting control of Woodbury and stopping the Governor. Andrea despite the fact that she loves killing Zombies hand to hand is just a precious little flower isn't she?

Troy Wall
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM
Looks like Tyreese joins the cast this Sunday.

Jon Dahl
12-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Yes, yes he did.

Jasen Smith
01-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Found this and thought it was pretty rad.
National Post News has put together one of the best infographics that I have ever seen. It details every zombie kill from AMC's hit television series The Walking Dead, in chronological order. Even showing how they met their demise.
Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=71099#UhQ7ofZtewx8hbMH.99

http://nationalpostnews.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/zombiefinal1200i.jpg

cheeseisgood1918
04-01-2013, 03:30 AM
While most people on Facebook (my feed at least) are saying "wow, what a great season ending!" I have to give it a resounding "Meh!"

Look, I've tried really hard not to be a fanboy and start waving the "comic is better than the series" banner. I really don't want to be "that guy".

That being said, the comic is definitely better than the series. It's a fact. Lori's death lost all the impact it had in the books for one. They played that card way to early. I remember turning that page in the comic for the first time and thinking "holy shit, am I really seeing this?" It touched me. It was evocative. In the series, it was just like, "ok good".

The showdown between Woodbury and the prison survivors was waaaaaaay better. More interesting. More meaningful. More suspenseful. Just plain better.

I could go on for pages and pages, but I'm not going to. I said if they fucked up the prison parts of the show, I probably wouldn't be able to stick with it any longer, so I may just stop watching it now, I don't know.

It's not like it's a bad show in in it's own right, I just keep thinking about how much better the source material is and it frustrates me. Anyone else feel that way?

Duane Korslund
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm gonna gloss over cheese's post because I have to wait till tonight to watch the season finale (though from what i saw it wasnt really spoiler heavy) but I must ask about re above charts and graphs in the post above it (no desire to quote that crazy thing) Who in the HELL has the time to create a chart depicting zombies killed in chronological order and by whom....that's insane!

Justice41
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
The comics storyline is much better but it's also tedious and slow because they're milking the stories for as many issues as possible. Killing Characters that die later in the comics storyline is the one thing I really dislike By getting rid of Dale we don't have the same storyline from the Cannibals to look forward to, Now Andrea is gone so the sniper she becomes in the books is gone and so is the whole moving from the prison to the town in Virginia. I take it the little sissy guy that the Gov had was the supposed scientist guy that was with the big guy and that female before they went to Virginia. Really need to have come into this series with little or knowledge of the comics to really enjoy it for what it is.

L Jamal
04-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Considering the the viewership for the TV show is much larger than the print run of the comics, most people are coming into the show without having read the comics. If the 2 were the same, then there would be no reason to consume both.

I think the show will only last about 7 or 8 seasons. Right now the end of this season sends the show in a direction that the comic book did not go. I think that will increase the longevity of the show.

cheeseisgood1918
04-01-2013, 11:10 PM
The comics storyline is much better but it's also tedious and slow because they're milking the stories for as many issues as possible. Killing Characters that die later in the comics storyline is the one thing I really dislike By getting rid of Dale we don't have the same storyline from the Cannibals to look forward to, Now Andrea is gone so the sniper she becomes in the books is gone and so is the whole moving from the prison to the town in Virginia. I take it the little sissy guy that the Gov had was the supposed scientist guy that was with the big guy and that female before they went to Virginia. Really need to have come into this series with little or knowledge of the comics to really enjoy it for what it is.
I agree 100%. The comics can be really plodding at times, but still more entertaining than the series. You really do need to be unfamiliar with the source material.

Andrea is one of the best characters in the books and was criminally under utilized in the series.
Considering the the viewership for the TV show is much larger than the print run of the comics, most people are coming into the show without having read the comics. If the 2 were the same, then there would be no reason to consume both.

I think the show will only last about 7 or 8 seasons. Right now the end of this season sends the show in a direction that the comic book did not go. I think that will increase the longevity of the show.

Of course the show is more popular than the series, and of course it's different from the books. I don't mind that so much. You want to try to keep the stories fresh. The big problem I have is the manner of the changes. It's like they're taking the edge out of the stories and at the same time they're missing the point of the characters and the series.

In the books, I enjoyed Andrea's character. Sure she was depressed at points in the story, but it made her a kind of hardened soldier. It made her work harder to become the best shot in the group. It made her a strong female lead.

In the series however, she was constantly whiny and depressed, and mopey and annoying. She went from being depressed to being a liability and back to depressed. She wasn't nearly as interesting. And that's just one of the many examples of what really ruins the show for me. Most of the characters in the show seem pretty 2 dimensional compared to the books.