PDA

View Full Version : Rise of the Turtles

Jasen Smith
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM
Any Ninja Turtle fans out there?
Finally, a ninja turtle show that does the whole series a great justice.

This show gives a nod to the old cartoon, the comics, and the movies.
The style takes a little getting used to but after the first two episodes I feel in love with it.

The acting is great, action, and humor are wonderful.

The only complaint I have is that Rock steady and Bebop are missing and replaced with a new villain each episode.

Overall though, I love it and already bought the 4 turtles.

I was around five years old when I first watched Ninja Turtles and now my son is five and has fallen in love with them much the same way I did. We've already watched all the movies...except the 3rd one.

Duane Korslund
10-08-2012, 04:57 PM
I dunno....there's been too many reboots, rehashes and origin retelling...I've watched the first 2 episodes...its was ok...but seemed to just be background noise for me while I did other things...I couldnt get into the story...though I did like the way the Kang soldiers spoke..."Let us follow that which is to be followed..."

Gonzogoose
10-08-2012, 06:44 PM
It's the first reboot I've been able to get into honestly. I've tried them all, but I agree, this one did nod to the other classic takes on them. I'm not overly thrilled with the looks, but I do appreciate the difference in their stature. Like Donatello looks more lanky than the others, that's kind of cool. And Splinter looks awesome.

It's an interesting twist on April they went with, but overall I'm enjoying it so far.

I was a big TMNT fan - watched it after school every day (I think I was about 10 or 11).

Jasen Smith
10-08-2012, 06:57 PM
I like how they made the turtles look different too.
Leo is the well balanced looking one, Mike is the smallest, Raph is the widest, and Don the tallest.

I don't think Casey Jones or Rock Steady and Bebop are going to be on this show...at least not this season.

But Baxter Stockman will be showing up.

KidIntense
10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
I think The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles are the best superhero team ever, and I prefer the old version better for the most part.