PDA

View Full Version : As the credits rolled...

CHWolf
10-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I was thinking about this recently: "What happened as the credits rolled?"

Example: E.T. The Extraterrestrial

The second the credits rolled, think about it, Elliot and his family went to scary shadow Government prison.

Presumably they were seperated and interrogated and probably still rot there to this day, decades later.

All I'm going to say is - at least one of them is getting vivisected to see what's what, and it was probably Elliot because he had the most exposure, and it's going to come out (through torture) that the creature healed him through space-magic.

The Toy Story series is also depressing, because these are living beings with an actual shot at immortality if they can avoid being destroyed... something that will come up every X decades for the rest of time.

Plus, what of all the toys thrown away but not "dead", trapped under tons of garbage in a landfill slowly going mad forever...

That army man you accidentally flushed down the toilet is still in the sewer, painting its face with crap and muttering about the rats that come out the second he closes his eyes to sleep.

If you've thought about this sort of thing, maybe an ending always "didn't sit right" with you... or you just came up with one... let's see how fucking depressing we can get.

Comix Obsession
10-08-2012, 07:23 AM
You're completely wrong. There's no way the family from E.T. would get taken to a Government facility. That just wouldn't happen. There were far too many witnesses, for a start, so imagine the sheer number of families that would have to disappear based on the kids that helped E.T. to escape the Fed's. Then what about extended family, who would quite understandably call for an investigation. Then the media would become involved... It just wouldn't happen. It's more likely they would sign a piece of paper that swears them to secrecy, with the understanding that accidents can and will happen upon breaking that deal. Of course, it's also likely that Elliot would become a go-to guy for the Government, having been the only human on the planet to have ever met an Alien and made a personal connection with 'it'.

Of course, this is all based on the idea that the Government has any plans in place to deal with an event such as this, which is unlikely, since we are barely able to handle our own species.

Toy Story cannot be made into a depressing story (except within the parameters of what happens within the films). Why? Because it's a joyful tale of toys that come to life and have hilarious adventures - it's not part of the 'real World' and shouldn't be. Trying to turn a Pixar film into a depressing reality is something that isn't needed, it's the very reason I love Pixar - I don't need depression as a counter-balance, it's just pure fun.

Biofungus
10-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Predator 2.

When the Predator cuts Gary Busey in half, you only see the bottom half fall. What happened to the top half? I'd like to think that some government agent sent in for samples and clean up finds his top half holding onto a piece of meat with this oddly confused yet strained look on it's face, as he probably attempted to pull himself up (and failed roundly) before the flying disc vivisected him.

Also, Lt. Mike Harrigan goes insane and falls in love with some south american oil dictator... Oh wait, that's Danny Glover in real life...

CHWolf
10-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Comix, you're in the wrong thread. This isn't "make the ending happy because you want it to be".

XD

Case in point, the "frankenstein" toys in Toy Story 1, and the still-living landfill toys on TS3. You can't say it's a whimsical tale that has no real world ties when the movie itself actually goes out of its way to show the horror possible in their "world".

Well, you can but you'd be wrong. :D

I'm not doing anything Pixar hasn't already done - depress you. Jessie's song about being left behind by her owner should be proof enough that they're not trying to give you a la-de-da story bereft of the darker emotions.

You HAVE seen some Pixar films, yes?

The U.S. Gov wouldn't 'disappear' the family from E.T. because there are witnesses? Are you kidding? :)

That said, this is a goof thread, so just enjoy it and play along - or opt out for F's sake. When someone speaks about theoretical unseen facets to a fictional film, it doesn't make sense to immediately tell them movies aren't real. Unless you want to just kill the thread right away.

Bio - Busey is like a starfish. If you cut a piece off, the two parts regenerate.

Comix Obsession
10-09-2012, 11:58 AM
Now let's not overreact. Is it too much to ask for happiness and rainbows? Isn't there enough bulls*** in the real World to go looking for it in movies?

I still disagree. The way Pixar handles their films is great - and the darkness in those films is handled beautifully. That's why I said you're wrong, because Pixar makes films about the happiness that can be found despite the big bad World constantly interfering, and you can't really add anything to it. You can try, but you'd be wrong (because that's the way Internet law works).

Besides, the 'Frankenstein' toys won their freedom when they scared the crap outta Sid, who is likely to never go near another toy again.

I know this is a 'fun' thread - and I'm sorry for getting off the point a little - but I like to keep my Pixar films as places of happiness and joy that I can go to when I feel down - don't try to burst that bubble!!! :p

Also, I think I was spot on about E.T. - there's no way they would be able to get away with that kind of nonsense.

CHWolf
10-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Coming into a thread specifically about a single topic and acting as if nobody should talk about that topic is, quite honestly, trolling.

Especially when you're doing it in the first goddam reply before anyone else can even say anything.

Yeah, the Government can't do anything suspicious, sure. It's not like Police (much less shadow Gov) physically abuse protestors in front of hundreds of people with video devices. Yeah, nobody can make a move if there are witnesses, so the Gov would just shrug and go "DUH OH WELL" and forget all about alien contact and the bold escape from their facility.

Everything is peaches and cake and anyone who says otherwise needs to shut up forever, they can't even have fun in their own damned thread. You're the ultimate dictator of what people can talk about.

Can you go do something else now?

Jasen Smith
10-09-2012, 04:50 PM
Clockwork Orange

After Alex gets better he convinces a rival gang to infiltrate Alex's old gang and wipe each other out.
Alex creates a new gang of the remaining leftovers and becomes a political figure eventually creating a New World Order where rape is legal and mandatory.

Biofungus
10-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Clockwork Orange

After Alex gets better he convinces a rival gang to infiltrate Alex's old gang and wipe each other out.
Alex creates a new gang of the remaining leftovers and becomes a political figure eventually creating a New World Order where rape is legal and mandatory.

Replace "rape" with "Sodomy" and you have "Alex went on to create Digital Webbing" :D

Robocop, based on what's been happening nowadays in Washington:

The government bails out OCP, and enforces military rule in Detroit until OCP does what it originally promised (build New Detroit). ED-209's get a slight program upgrade, going into production en masse. Robocop gets a job working with Paul Blart, Jr.

CHWolf
10-09-2012, 08:29 PM
There's your Robocop reboot! Ha.

Jaws (ignoring the sequels, as we should) - Our heroes die at sea after their boat sinks. Think about it. Though they have a questionable plan to swim to shore, the process is mercifully shortened as the gore of Jaws brings in a horde of other crazed sharks.

Moonrider
10-09-2012, 11:56 PM
After the credits roll on every romantic movie ever:

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/2906409_700b.jpg

Busey is like a starfish. If you cut a piece off, the two parts regenerate.

So that's how he made Jake Busey. :eek:

Comix Obsession
10-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Coming into a thread specifically about a single topic and acting as if nobody should talk about that topic is, quite honestly, trolling.

Especially when you're doing it in the first goddam reply before anyone else can even say anything.

Everything is peaches and cake and anyone who says otherwise needs to shut up forever, they can't even have fun in their own damned thread. You're the ultimate dictator of what people can talk about.

Can you go do something else now?

Did you even read my reply? I mean, did you actually pay attention to what I said? Did you not pick up on the light nature of my response to your first reply? Did you see me dropping 'F-bombs', insulting anyone, or trying to actually derail the thread? Did you see me dictate anything to anyone?

Me being the ultimate dictator on DW Forums is hilarious coming from a smug know-it-all like yourself. You've built such a smug little self-assuring World around yourself that quite honestly you fail to see when you're just being an asshole. I wasn't coming into this thread 'trolling' or any other paranoid bullshit you've picked up from hanging around on Internet forums too long, I was just having a bit of light-hearted (that means NOT SERIOUS) debate with you. Now I know you're a complete tool with little grasp of how to actually discuss anything with civility, then yes, sure, I'll go do something else. I'm sure you'll try to write something smug in response, but since you seem to think you actually have some kind of rule over who can and can't post on these forums (and since you seem to spend your life here), I'll just let you and ignore anything you have to say from now on.

What a dick you are.

Jon Dahl
10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Okay you two... Stop it, or I'll say "stop it" again. :man:

Comix Obsession
10-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Understandable. I apologise, though I do object to being told who I am by someone who clearly has a habit of talking to people with authority when he has none. Stating things as facts becomes a common habit for people who spend too much time talking to people online, and it annoys me.

That said, perhaps I was a bit of a dick. It happens, and I apologise. It's a pathetic argument, and a waste of everyone's time, especially mine.

CHWolf
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
I liked how you stopped by totally not stopping. I also liked how you spoke with complete authority while complaining about someone speaking with complete authority.

It was fun. Calling someone a smug know-it-all when your first reply, and the first reply in the thread, actually began with "you're completely wrong" and ended with "something that isn't needed"... that's comedy gold.

I'm clearly the problem when your "light hearted" debate is not simply going back and forth with me, but you getting more and more insulting to the point of "what a dick you are" and "tool" and all that.

I don't recall calling you those names, Mr. Light-Hearted Angel. ;)

But really the thread has been killed, so job well done, nothing left but to move on. I don't know if I can start a thread or if you'll disapprove of it, so I guess I'm relegated to replying to others'.

Last thing I want to do is "spend my life" here, Mr. March 2004.

Moonrider
10-10-2012, 07:58 PM
Come on guys, stop fighting.

*sigh* This used to be such a fun place, full of sodomy.

CHWolf
10-10-2012, 09:18 PM
Good Burger - After the credits rolled, sodomy.

Biofungus
10-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Good Burger - After the credits rolled, sodomy.
I think there was an entire episode of "E - True Hollywood Story" about this. It's also rumored to be the reason AJ Benza left showbiz...

Jon Dahl
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I worked at a movie theater through high school in the 90's. When we had Good Burger, I discovered movie posters make excellent wrapping paper for gifts at Christmas.

Comix Obsession
10-11-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't know if I can start a thread or if you'll disapprove of it, so I guess I'm relegated to replying to others'.

Last thing I want to do is "spend my life" here, Mr. March 2004.

Moonrider is right - we shouldn't be fighting, it's pathetic. Honestly, CHWolf, I apologise. I don't know you, you don't know me, we are on an anonymous Internet forum, we could argue forever, but there are no hard feelings. My point honestly was not to derail your thread, and please carry on with it. The thread isn't dead, everyone else seems to be taking part!

Please start all the threads you want - put it down to a bad day, week, month or year, whatever you want - but honestly, I won't purposefully try to derail any threads of yours, I'd sincerely hate for you to think you can't start a thread because of me. I'm not a 'troll', things just escalated beyond stupid in here. That's all - I'm not a complete dick in real life, and I'd hate for this to become a permanent thing here. I'm sorry, really.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
10-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Is now a good time for a hug and some brownies? :happy: We only have each other! Everyone else is... is gone... Please, don't leave me, don't leave me alone! I'm nothing without you! Wait, just a while... and I'll greet you with a smile...

And let's see. The credits roll up on the Wizard of Oz (basically traumatized me as a kid) and we see the Tin Man running after K-9 (why, I don't even want to know), the Straw Man playing with matches, and the Lion getting delusions of being King. The Wizard admits he always had a thing for Dorothy, but never could stand that dog.

Is that how this game works?

Duane Korslund
10-11-2012, 10:41 AM
The credit roll on Willie Wonka & the chocolate factory and we see a newspaper headline reading that Willie Wonka has been arrested for pedophilia and a busted oompa loompa pron ring, after the loompas stage a bloody coup and lay waste to the chocolate factory. Charlie is the key witness before a grand jury. Violet Bouregard dies of blueberry cancer, Veruca Salt grows up and changes her name to Courtney Love, Mike TV owns Fox, Augustus Gloop died of a diabetes related coronary at age 12.

Grandpa Joe discovers the Tesseract and opens a doorway from Midgard to Asgard

Will Wheaton blogs the whole thing and receives the first ever Bloggy Award, raising him to blog super-stardom, which is way bigger than crappy Wesley Crusher super-stardom in his eyes.

Biofungus
10-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I worked at a movie theater through high school in the 90's. When we had Good Burger, I discovered movie posters make excellent wrapping paper for gifts at Christmas.
That movie poster probably got more views than the movie itself.

Biofungus
10-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Moonrider is right - we shouldn't be fighting, it's pathetic. Honestly, CHWolf, I apologise.

Don't apologize to him. He's a dick and he knows it! :laugh:

Well, maybe not a dick, but he has confessed to being an asshole before.

Biofungus
10-11-2012, 12:15 PM
Violet Bouregard dies of blueberry cancer

Best. Cancer. Ever.

Bishop
10-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Well, maybe not a dick, but he has confessed to being an asshole before.

Why does everything come back to sodomy around here?

Duane Korslund
10-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Why does the man sodomize the mountain? Because its there....

Bishop
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM

I'll never look at spelunking the same way ever again...

CHWolf
10-11-2012, 08:54 PM
I'll never look at spelunking.

Biofungus
10-12-2012, 10:18 AM
You know why the man of faith can movie mountains? To keep the man of no faith from f***ing it.

The Dag
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
Moonrider is right - we shouldn't be fighting, it's pathetic. Honestly, CHWolf, I apologise. I don't know you, you don't know me, we are on an anonymous Internet forum, we could argue forever, but there are no hard feelings. My point honestly was not to derail your thread, and please carry on with it. The thread isn't dead, everyone else seems to be taking part!

Please start all the threads you want - put it down to a bad day, week, month or year, whatever you want - but honestly, I won't purposefully try to derail any threads of yours, I'd sincerely hate for you to think you can't start a thread because of me. I'm not a 'troll', things just escalated beyond stupid in here. That's all - I'm not a complete dick in real life, and I'd hate for this to become a permanent thing here. I'm sorry, really.

wimp

Evan Henry
10-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Cujo: The rest of the dogs show up.

Comix Obsession
10-14-2012, 08:08 AM
wimp

Prick.

Even it out? :rolleyes:

CHWolf
10-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Iron Man 1:

"I AM Iron Man."

*hundreds of lawsuits filed*

The Dag
10-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Prick.

Even it out? :rolleyes:

no i like prick.

CHWolf
10-14-2012, 08:24 PM
News Update: Experts say "I like prick" to replace "Taste the fuck" in 2013.

Comix Obsession
10-15-2012, 06:24 AM
no i like prick.

Well I've met my match. I think I'll take a nap.