09-15-2012, 06:30 PM
Never!

Again.

CHWolf
09-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Oh, cool. Xcable and FORCE.

I mean cable & XFORCE.

I mean...

So is Marvel's strategy just to base everything on one or two colors so we don't get all confused and angry?

Notice how many characters in those line-ups have the primary "power" of "using a knife and/or gun"?

</bile>

Sage
09-15-2012, 07:28 PM
Exactly what R'Evolution are we supposed to be joining?

Remaking old titles with new lineups is not a revolution. :man:

Creating virtually no new IP's since the Silver Age is not evolution. :man:

Well at least Venisher looks cool, in a Fist Person Shooter sort of way. :sure:

Co.Inkadink
09-15-2012, 07:30 PM
The writer is named HOPELESS.

"Nuff Said"

Sage
09-15-2012, 07:32 PM
The writer is named HOPELESS.

It's smart of Rob Liefeld to use a pen name since his troubles with DC.

Biofungus
09-15-2012, 10:08 PM
It's smart of Rob Liefeld to use a pen name since his troubles with DC.
Considering when I saw "Dr. Nemesis" I thought, "is he supposed to be the new Deadpool?", you may not be so far off...

Sage
09-16-2012, 01:01 AM
Cant' be, Dr. Nemesis has feet.

CHWolf
09-16-2012, 02:50 AM
This is how the image immediately looked to me...

http://piclocker.com/images/879x_forcenow_02.jpg (http://piclocker.com/view.php?filename=879x_forcenow_02.jpg)

Troy Wall
09-16-2012, 03:19 AM
I don't understand the Thunderbolts bit. Time and again has shown this title will sell steadily, not gangbusters, but steadily...IF you keep to Busiek's original formula when he created the title in 1997. But they mess with it at least once every couple of years to no success and then return to the only formula that works for the comic. This is the biggest departure for it since Jemas wanted it to "be like Fight Club" right before his departure from Marvel. That lasted about five issues.

Troy Wall
09-16-2012, 03:22 AM
I'm not down on Marvel Now as a whole. I'll be reading several of the titles.

Lovecraft13
09-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Who the hell is Dr. Nemesis? Did Mr. Sinister finally get a doctorate?

Sage
09-16-2012, 02:52 PM
Then shouldn't it be Dr. Sinister? Maybe they're saving that for a big reveal.

This new guy looks like the old Mortal Kombat character Cabal.

http://www.foroflamenco.com/upfiles/938/Ec88835.gif

Troy Wall
09-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Dr. Nemesis, as far as I can tell, is used only to deliver more snark than any reader can handle any time he appears in an X-Men comic. I have no idea where he came from or how he joined the team....

Troy Wall
09-16-2012, 03:12 PM
Holy fuck. I just looked at Nemesis' wiki because I was curious..it's ridiculous (more so than usual with X-Men).

Sage
09-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Click, click, search ... so he's a dimension hopping, Nazi clone slaying, really freaking old, super intelligent detective with tranquilizer guns? :blink::blink::blink:

.... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vbwkPbixzHU/S98k6izdGkI/AAAAAAAABe8/cJ7Ai-YTWbA/s1600/dude-wtf.jpg

Troy Wall
09-16-2012, 09:02 PM
And don't forget he traveled back in time and performed his own delivery!

Biofungus
09-16-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm having trouble getting past this line:

Michael Craig Stockton was a scientist who was inventing a way to look into and study the subatomic worlds. He succeeded and stumbled onto one that was ruled by the tyrant Tim Boo Ba.

Biofungus
09-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Okay, from what I can gather, he's just Forge, if Forge got out of the house more often.

Sage
09-17-2012, 12:21 AM
And don't forget he traveled back in time and performed his own delivery!

DAMN! Let's see MacGyver do that! :laugh:

Troy Wall
09-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Bio, that wiki is split between this Nemesis and another Marvel character of the same name who fights Hank Pym. That's the Pym villain you're referencing.

Troy Wall
09-17-2012, 12:35 AM
DAMN! Let's see MacGyver do that! :laugh:

Think of how gross that shit would be. I would just allow myself not to exist rather than travel back in time and do that.

The wiki also says he is a golden age character who co-created the original Human Torch. I guess the character really did appear way back then, and the writers revived him and retconned all this mutant / time travel / immortality stuff into his history?

Sage
09-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Well at least he's not the Sentry. :sure:

http://interracialscentral.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/784766-sentry_returns001_super.jpg

Biofungus
09-17-2012, 01:35 AM
Bio, that wiki is split between this Nemesis and another Marvel character of the same name who fights Hank Pym. That's the Pym villain you're referencing.
But that "villain" is the one listed as a mutant.

the_beast
09-17-2012, 05:51 AM
Michael Craig Stockton is the Pym enemy and Tim Boo Ba guy.

Dr. James Bradley is the mutant super genius who co-created the original Human Torch before siding with the Nazis as Dr Death and battling the Invaders during WW2. He was later recruited by Beast to try and find a way to reverse the effects of M-Day. Became the leader of the X-Club, during that time he traveled back in time to deliver himself.

Lovecraft13
09-17-2012, 02:31 PM
I do have to admit that these books look much cooler than mostly anything from the DC reboot. I'll check 'em out.

Ebony Warrior
09-17-2012, 06:30 PM
This is not a reboot, The Marvel universe had a meeting and everyone decided to change their costume at once because no one wanted to be the uncool one and get left out...or...Disney said it is way to confusing for the average person to tell the difference between the movie versions and the comic versions , so we have to make them all look the same.

UniverseX259
09-17-2012, 07:16 PM
I honestly can't keep up with Marvel anymore. It feels like every few months or so another book gets rebooted. How many X-Force titles are there? Were X-Force and Uncanny X-Force 2 different books?

And Thunderbolts with the new #1. If the book was never cancelled or taken out of circulation, what's the point of re-numbering? I understand it's to get new readers on board, but in the case of books like Uncanny X-Men or Thunderbolts there are still years and years of continuity that really can't be ignored.

Mwynn
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Uncanny Xforce psylocke, storm, puck, and spiral.

CHWolf
09-17-2012, 09:59 PM
I still want to see an X-Weapons title with every variant of Wolverine on a single team.

Someone mentioned this had been touched upon in an 'alternate world' story once, but fuck that. I want the ongoing title.

Troy Wall
09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Heh. You could do an X-Weapons book with Wolverine, Fantomex, Weapon XVI, etc. from Morrison's run.

Come to think of it...I'm surprised that never happened!

Troy Wall
09-17-2012, 10:19 PM
So now there will be two X-Force titles: Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force. Ugh.

I never read the current volume of Uncanny X-Force by Remender, but from what I've seen/heard, the book has been a hit with a solid fan base. Why reboot it to a new, loser team with Puck and Spiral?

Whoever the fuck Spiral is?

Troy Wall
09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
I do have to admit that these books look much cooler than mostly anything from the DC reboot. I'll check 'em out.

It's amazing to me how out of touch that company manages to be. I swear to God every title sucks except for Snyder's Batman and MAYBE Johns' Green Lantern (sometimes good, sometimes bad). It's bad when a comic book nerd such as meself only buys one single title out of fifty two+ on a monthly basis. What a shame.

Lovecraft13
09-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I don't wanna piss on the DC 52 in a Marvel thread, but DC managed to make Superman a lame character. Superman. He's no longer an icon, he's an angry guy with powers. It's like they replaced Steve Rodgers with Bucky Barnes as Captain America, but instead of leather chaps, he wears armor.

And when Superman sucks, I don't give an eff about the Justice League.

Lovecraft13
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
I'd be down with Troy's idea. I dig Fantomex. I think he should have another go. And I'd also like to see Chamber again. I still love the Generation X cast. And I think Wolverine and the X-men is the perfect spiritual successor.

Lovecraft13
09-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Comics need to create a sense of wanting. Marvel Now is doing a pretty good job at creating that hype for me. When I saw all of those DC Zero issues, the only one that caught my eye was the Arab Green Lantern. That's not a good ratio. And I'm not a fanboy for either company, but there's no energy coming from DC's camp anymore.

Maybe, just maybe, the Marvel films have reinforced the super hero, and the flow-over helped the books' appeal.

CHWolf
09-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Since we seem to be on a roll, here's a concept I always used to have in my pocket as the title "I'll write someday when I work for Marvel!"

IE: When I was a kid.

"X-Students" - Mutants kicked the Hell out of Xavier's school, bumming around a "Mall of America" type place that serves as their HQ.

I know something similar came about, "The Craptacular B-Sides" or what have you.

Mwynn
09-18-2012, 07:00 AM
So now there will be two X-Force titles: Uncanny X-Force and Cable and X-Force. Ugh.

I never read the current volume of Uncanny X-Force by Remender, but from what I've seen/heard, the book has been a hit with a solid fan base. Why reboot it to a new, loser team with Puck and Spiral?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/53/Ultspiral.jpg/230px-Ultspiral.jpg

Co.Inkadink
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Why are people still reading Marvel and DC?

Lovecraft13
09-18-2012, 01:27 PM
I would read other things, but words make me angry.

Lovecraft13
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM

Spiral probably gained more popularity thanks to her playable character in the Marvel vs Capcom 2 fighting game.

Troy Wall
09-19-2012, 01:18 AM
I don't wanna piss on the DC 52 in a Marvel thread, but DC managed to make Superman a lame character. Superman. He's no longer an icon, he's an angry guy with powers. It's like they replaced Steve Rodgers with Bucky Barnes as Captain America, but instead of leather chaps, he wears armor.

And when Superman sucks, I don't give an eff about the Justice League.

Yup. Hard to believe Morrison followed the excellent All-Star Superman with the current volume of Action Comics. I dropped it about five issues in...gawd, it is simply dreadful to read. I was so hyped for that book when it was announced. Where are Morrison's big ideas? It's like someone else is writing it and putting his name on it.

He's done with the book now, and he said in a recent interview that he and DC have been bumping heads recently, and that he's not at all bitter about it and actually understands they have a particular vision for where they want their characters. He's working to cap his DC work for now. Is it possible DC has been neutering all of his Action scripts?

Troy Wall
09-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Spiral probably gained more popularity thanks to her playable character in the Marvel vs Capcom 2 fighting game.

She reminds me of that female Goro from Mortal Kombat. Which Mortal Kombat was that? Wasn't her name Shiva?

CHWolf
09-19-2012, 01:31 AM
MK3, Sheeva, and I loved her. When science creates an actual Sheeva, I'm all over that.

Lovecraft13
09-19-2012, 03:05 AM
He's done with the book now, and he said in a recent interview that he and DC have been bumping heads recently, and that he's not at all bitter about it and actually understands they have a particular vision for where they want their characters. He's working to cap his DC work for now. Is it possible DC has been neutering all of his Action scripts?

You know, readers gave Rob Liefeld a lot of shit for walking away from his DC books, but I thought his complaints about batshit-crazy editorial control were probably sincere. And when I read Morrison's DC work, to me, it came off like he was no longer talent, just an employee-- a staff writer.

I'm sure there was and still is no degradation of his imagination, and I'm sure Morrison, left unchecked, would drop some crazy shit on us. But the DC Reboot screams corporate, and that means people want to bank on their investments. And that means control, and pissing contests, and negative working environments. I'm sure DC edits the hell out of Morrison's work, and it shows.

And to me, the greatest red flag was Batman. DC's reboot should have been a clean slate across the board. But Morrison's work on Batman was shit-canned. Johns' work on Green Lantern was left completely intact. Synder's work on Batman was left intact. The Batman family was left intact, but not his work. He had to be bitter about that.

Marvel will scoop him up in a heartbeat. I'm sure Morrison won't be with DC much longer.

Troy Wall
09-19-2012, 10:50 PM
I was really, REALLY surprised DC didn't subtract Damian from the Bat equation with the 52 reboot. I figured they would want that out of the picture as most of the iconic characters seem to have been de-aged somewhat (most notably Superman). I think Damian's exit is still on the horizon...just can't see DC being 100% on board that train. Damian is pretty much ignored completely in every bat book except for Batman & Robin....never once acknowledged in Snyder's. Snyder also did not feature him a single time in his 'Tec run...got a feeling he sees the character as baggage.

Anyway, that's one character from Morrison's run whose days are definitely numbered. Will likely be removed via a retcon revealing he isn't really Bruce's biological child or something. Damian doesn't work to further Batman's marketability, and that's the name of the game in the new 52. As you said, it's corporate or bust this go 'round.

Maybe they'll delete Damian with the same record speed Marvel resurrected Magneto and retconned the Xorn identity after Morrison left.

Lovecraft13
09-20-2012, 03:34 AM
I like Damian. In fact, after Batman & Robin #0, he's probably one of few DC characters that I really like, and who isn't conventional. I mean, if they continue to shoehorn Jason Todd into continuity, they can at least keep Damian around. His only fault is his age. There's only so much you can do with a... what? 10-year-old?

But, yeah, unless Morrison had a "Damian can only be in B&R" clause, he's a ghost. I would say Synder's gonna kill him off in his upcoming Joker arc, if there was ever an opportunity to do so. After all, I think Joker clearly knows Batman is Bruce Wayne after Morrison's turn, but he doesn't care. And if the upcoming Joker story is hinting at anything, it's another death in the family. How do you piss off the Bat? Kill Bruce Wayne's kid. But, naturally, I'm sure Talia wouldn't be too happy about that, and a Joker vs the League of Assassins sounds more fun than anything happening the DC world these days.

CHWolf
09-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Since Damian was supposed to die in his first appearance, that's not too far-fetched I'd suppose.

*shrug*

I can see them gleefully rehashing the now lost "I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT ROBIN (Jason Todd) KILLED I'M SO AWFUL" aspect of Batman's persona.

Lovecraft13
09-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Someone's got to die. How else can they bring Damien back next year as a grown man! I guess they can always drop Damien into a Lazarous Pit.

Biofungus
09-20-2012, 12:51 PM
I suspected Damian was a Morrison invention when I hated it so much (and how out of character having a friggin' kid is for Batman).

Lovecraft13
09-20-2012, 01:07 PM
I think the only reason why Damien is still around is because of the Son of the Demon story. If he was purely a Morrison invention, I'm sure he would have been killed off in the reboot.

What Marvel book should Morrison write? At this rate, I'm sure we'll find out sooner than later.

CHWolf
09-20-2012, 02:04 PM
A Marauders title.

End of discussion.

NO. END OF DISCUSSION.

Troy Wall
09-20-2012, 11:22 PM
When the club of villains unmasked Batman in RIP, the Joker was shown averting his gaze as he did not want to see. He also quickly lost interest in the whole charade at that point and left, haha.

Lovecraft13
09-21-2012, 12:01 AM
I don't know... I mean, Joker was knee deep in the Oberon Sexton role alongside Damian Wayne, and hanging around Wayne Manor. But not like this matters anymore in the DC Reboot. As far as we know, the Joker can be a whole new persona, or has a part time job at Chuck E. Cheese as Deputy Dog.

Troy Wall
09-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah, him hanging out at Wayne manor certainly denoted he knew Bruce was Batman.

I think you're right about none of it mattering in the New 52 reboot. Whole 'nother Joker now.

I mean, he did slice his own face off in his first New 52 appearance.

New 52 yuck face Joker will only last so long...we all know DC will have to get him back to his classic appearance some how for greater marketing opportunity. His face has been on ice. Easy fix.

The bullet wound on his forehead only appeared in issues written by Morrison in the pre-reboot era. DC no likey that. And Morrison had him split his tongue...but that quickly disappeared also.