PDA

View Full Version : Inks for The legion of Superheroes

lobocomics
08-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Here are my inks over pencils by Gary Frank from a DC comic, of Superman and The Legion of Superheroes... please... give me your feedback... thanks

http://www.deviantart.com/download/323796062/my_inks_over_gary_frank_pencils_by_lobocomics-d5cs2n2.jpg

http://www.deviantart.com/download/323796349/gary_frank_pencils_by_lobocomics-d5cs2v1.jpg

DiabloCodySux
08-27-2012, 10:20 PM
I LOVE this and I've been inked by folks I love and folks I want to fall upon their broken bong.

This has GRIT, man, but it's a true grit (old 1960's Marvel original print comics joke there).

It's ARTSY, but not arty-farty, it's USA compliant and yet UK "thinking man's 2000 AD approved".

I cannot give that less than 9 out of 10. It's somewhere over 9.15.

JimCampbell
08-29-2012, 03:22 AM
Good Lord -- the Steve Dillon vibe coming off those pencils is powerful strong…!

Cheers

Jim

lobocomics
08-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you... the pencils are by Gary Frank... one of my favorite pencilers,.... and I did the inks, I am not looking for an specific inking style, and it is very helpfull to hear how you percieve my work.....please... let me know what you think... and critiques are welcome as well.. Thanks

DarkKni9hT
08-29-2012, 01:12 PM
It's a little hard to critique your inks properly when posted so small. Try to post the inks at least as big as the pencils. That way it's easier to make a comparison.

That said, your inks look pretty decent with a couple of exceptions. In panel 1, I think you took the pecils too literally around Superman's chin. What you inked as a scratch on his chin, looks to me in the pecilled page like a smudge or erased bit of setup work. I could be wrong, but I don't read it as part of the final pencils. Also, and much more glaring is the work on the black border at the bottom of the page. Three words. USE A RULER!! Those sloppy bits around the borders, particularly the bottom of the panel, really detract from what are otherwise pretty solid looking inks. Just a little more effort in those blacks would have made ths page look much more pro. Don't take shortcuts.

Post up a larger version of this page, and I might be able to offer a bit more feedback. That's all I can see from the image provided. Looks good, though. Keep at it.

lobocomics
08-29-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks... I posted a bigger image on deviantart, but when posted in here.. was too big... so I had to make them smaller... have to find a middle size.... and thanks for the coments... will work on that.