PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Marvel Relaunch

Mwynn
07-02-2012, 07:24 AM
Lets get the complaining out of the way now, before this happens later this year.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/07/01/marvel-relaunch-is-it-finally-happening/

Lovecraft13
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Because DC's relaunch has been amazing....:whistlin:

CHWolf
07-02-2012, 02:32 PM
I propose the title "Heroes Re-Reborn".

Colby
07-02-2012, 06:49 PM
Everyone is going to hate on this but, whatever, but eventually a universe gets to the point where there are too much stuff in it. Either too many creators have made too many inconsistencies, character history grow way too complex, it becomes a mess. To no one's fault because the story probably worked at the time. When this happens a reboot becomes necessary to gain new readers and to keep the business from becoming incestuous.

The issue is that people want their run to matter, the comics from the eighties and seventies to still matter, when they don't. No new reader cares about what happened twenty years ago. The person who still has those comics in their individual bins do, but they will continue to buy their comics, they're that not that important. However, the prospective new reader is.

So I think that they do something similar to the original ultimate line where it's obvious who these characters are but the creative teams are free to do what they want, I think it'll be cool.

Mwynn
07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
http://i.newsarama.com/images/marvelscan_02.jpg

Biofungus
07-03-2012, 09:46 AM
They kind of hinted at it at the beginning of this AvX thing, when those two aliens broke into the Watcher's observatory in what seems to be virtually unrelated to the event, but was still part of it. I think it's going to be a lot like Heroes Reborn, in that they'll work on it, and if people like it then they'll make it the main continuity. If not, they leave themselves an out to return to the regular 616.

spectre216
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I see Nova. As long as Nova stays around I'm all for Marvel's whatchamajiger.

Troy Wall
07-03-2012, 07:52 PM
It's not a reboot like DC did, just a rebranding. Marvel relaunches most of their series once every several years anyway, especially when a new movie releases. This time they're just grouping a bunch of relaunches together over the course of several months this time in hopes of making a bigger splash.

Cyclops kind of looks like Hulk villain the Leader in that retard helmet. Optic blasts in the shape of an "X", lol.

Biofungus
07-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Hulk is gay, and Wolverine is the only man "who can take it".

They're going to ret-con every major fight between the two as lovers spat's.

Troy Wall
07-04-2012, 12:22 AM
They're going to start pushing the cosmic characters like Nova and....Rocket Raccoon because of the Guardians of the Galaxy movie in development.