PDA

View Full Version : newuniversal

Evan Henry
03-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Am I the only one who remembers this thing? The first six issues were really good (and Kody Chamberlain did some awesome work on a one-shot for it) but unfortunately it appears that people like Warren Ellis are too famous to be held to deadlines and such.

Someone commiserate with me. :sure:

Bishop
03-04-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm going to have to look for this, as I didn't know it has been done. I really dug the New Universe stuff at first, but it got tired pretty quick. I didn't think Merc and Kickers, Inc. really fit the universe, but I really like Starbrand, Justice, and Nightmask until they screwed them up about a year in.

Evan Henry
03-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I felt basically the same way (http://ingenre.com/2011/01/men-in-tights-a-new-universe/). The reboot had a lot of potential, though it was pretty different from the originals in some ways. It definitely felt more unified and coherent than the first few issues of the old version, but that's sort of to be expected when it's a single series.

Bishop
03-04-2012, 09:58 PM
I just ordered the order volume of this new one from Amazon. Looking forward to it!

Evan Henry
03-04-2012, 11:40 PM
There are two one-shots and two issues of an unfinished miniseries as well. The one-shots are definitely worth checking out; the two mini issues much less so (bad, bad art).

Bishop
03-05-2012, 07:37 AM
What I ordered is 150 or so pages. It was only $2 so if it sucks I won't be too heartbroken.

Kody
03-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the kind words, I only did a few fill-in pages but people seemed to dig it. I still haven't read any of it except for the issue I worked on. I should pick it up at some point, never got comps.

Bishop
03-15-2012, 03:06 PM
Just got done reading it, and really enjoyed it. Too bad they didn't really get a chance to let it grow some legs and run.