PDA

View Full Version : Now that they've all been released...

eDKeener
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Which ones are you reading?

Mwynn
09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
JLA, Teen Titans, and Green Lantern. May add more later.

HaphazardJoy
09-29-2011, 10:45 PM
If they do a tpb for Batwoman, I'll pick it up.

Lovecraft13
09-30-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm not really sold on many of the new books. I did like Batgirl, Batman and Batman and Robin. But I'll check out Justice League and Action Comics, too. I'm about to read the last cluster of new books.

Evan Henry
09-30-2011, 09:39 PM
JLA, Action, GL, GLC, and Hawkman. Might pick up Aquaman too.

kamikaze
10-01-2011, 04:57 AM
Firestorm and Deathstroke. Lookin for Catwoman and Red Hood and the Outsiders. Heard some interesting stuff about some those last two books...need further investigatin...

N Hammer
10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Will continue to get
All Star Western
Animal Man
Aquaman
Batman
Blue Beetle
The Flash
Frankenstein
JL
JLI
Legion of Superheroes
Nightwing
Swamp Thing

Will consider getting next issue
Action Comics
O.M.A.C
Stormwatch
Batman and Robin
Green Lantern
Resurrection Man
Superboy
Hawkman
Superman

The rest I may peak in on from time to time

VickDeckard
10-03-2011, 08:10 PM
Animal Man, Batman, Justice League Dark, and possibly Justice League.

There were lots of good one, lots of terrible ones, but Animal Man and Batman were by far the best ones IMHO.

Troy Wall
10-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Stormwatch, Green Lantern, Batman, Swamp Thing.

Evan Henry
10-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Off-topic: Was I on some really strong mushrooms about a month and a half ago, or didn't DiDio make a statement that there would be polybagged copies of the new 52 books sold in comic shops for a dollar over cover price with an included digital download code.

I be trippin'? :huh:

Mwynn
10-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Off-topic: Was I on some really strong mushrooms about a month and a half ago, or didn't DiDio make a statement that there would be polybagged copies of the new 52 books sold in comic shops for a dollar over cover price with an included digital download code.

I be trippin'? :huh:

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/06/02/dc-comics-to-publish-historic-first-comic-book-combo-pack-including-justice-league-1-comic-book-and-digital-copy/

Evan Henry
10-04-2011, 09:01 PM
http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2011/06/02/dc-comics-to-publish-historic-first-comic-book-combo-pack-including-justice-league-1-comic-book-and-digital-copy/

I thought so. Has anyone actually seen these things, though?

eDKeener
10-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't recall seeing any of them, but I also wasn't looking for them either.

yellowphantom
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM
i was generally disapponted with all of the books i read...i guess i expected they would take a new approach to all of the characters.
...the batman books were the most disappointing...same old bats/bruce wayne...nothing new here.
action comics / superman....at least they are attempting to do things differently i'll keep buying Action for awhile.
i'll keep buying Animal Man and Swamp Thing..the stories were okay..it was just nice to see these characters back in some kind of action. animal man reminds me of Delano's run on AM back in the early 90's, which i really enjoyed.
Swamp Thing doesn't remind me at all of Moore's run back in the 80's because no one will ever write swampy that good again. period.
now where the hell is the SHAZAM book?

Mort_Cinder
10-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Currently I'm reading only Batwing; I find the idea of an African superhero intriguing, and I think it was about time the DCU expanded to other continents. In fact I'd love to see heroes from all over the globe and not just adventures in the USA.

Duane Korslund
10-18-2011, 10:45 AM
JLA, Action, Green Lantern, maybe Titans out of boredom...maybe more later....havent decided.

Evan Henry
10-27-2011, 07:35 PM
For anyone who cares, my thoughts (in brief) on Grant Morrison's Action Comics:

http://ingenre.com/2011/10/men-in-tights-reviews-grant-morrisons-action-comics/

Also, I've read several more #1s, and can report that most of them are mediocre. Deathstroke is very, very bad, and doesn't do justice to the character in the least.

eDKeener
10-28-2011, 12:01 PM
I'm reading, and enjoying:

Supergirl, Superboy, Action, Superman, Justice League, The Flash, and Teen Titans.

I think they are all pretty good. But some of them I got because of the artists. But so far enjoying them all.

Evan Henry
10-28-2011, 08:29 PM
Teen Titans is actually kind of good. The costumes are much better on the interior than on that awful cover. The story seems a little interesting too. I may pick it up to see where it goes.

The first issue of Red Hood/Outlaws is okay, but I haven't read issue two yet so I'm not sure exactly what they're doing to Starfire.

GL: New Guardians is good.

Red Lanterns is okay, but won't be for everyone.

Animal Man is good in the writing department, not very good as far as art goes.

Swamp Thing is written well and drawn by Yannick Paquette.

Paul Levitz's Legion is Paul Levitz's Legion.

Superman is lying to you when it has George Perez's name on the cover (the finished art is not his style in the least).

Detective Comics is awesome.

Batman is meh.

Batman and Robin is okay, but I cannot accept the thought of Patrick Gleason drawing Batman. Sorry.

Green Lantern is exactly what it was in August.

Green Lantern Corps is exactly what it was in August.

Aquaman is your average, every-day Geoff Johns good-ness.

Haven't read Legion Lost, but from what I'm hearing, they're stealing some of Alan Moore's ideas from his "Twilight of the Superheroes" thing.

Hawkman is kind of good, though the writing is a little Silver Age-y for my taste. I'll reserve judgement until I read the second issue.

eDKeener
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I tracked down the first two issues of Aquaman and Batgirl.

I've enjoyed both so far.

I've read all the complaints about Batgirl all over the internet, but to me it wasn't that big a deal that we weren't specifically shown how Barbara is walking again. I can take the fact that something happened and now she is out of the chair.

Aquaman was as Monkey put it...just good Johns goodness. Have to wait and see if it keeps it up after the initial arc though.

Moonrider
11-09-2011, 12:41 AM
I like most of Paul Cornell's books, though Demon Knights feels more like a rehash of Captain Britain and MI:13 set in the Middle Ages. Funny thing, Stormwatch's premise is similar to what I wrote in the other thread about my own version of the JSA. Frankenstein Agent of SHADE is also quite entertaining, yet I can't shake the feeling that the character is a Hellboy clone.
The more I get to know Morrison's Superman, the more I think he's more Batman than Batman now. This is kind of a weird role reversal, since nowadays Batman has become less grim and even does things previously unthinkable in the old New Earth continuity, like trusting Booster Gold as a leader in JLI.
Hawkman is alright, but the art is more entertaining than the storyline. The thing is, the character now looks and feels like... Uhh... Spawn. No surprise considering that the writer/artist team are both alumni of TMP.

kamikaze
11-11-2011, 05:35 PM
i read deathstroke, catwoman and firestorm 1's. Deathstroke is terrible, I agree with supermonkey. Catwoman 1 was silly, but #2 started to grow on me, but its a strange book. Firestorm was decent but mediocre.

Paul Sanderson
11-22-2011, 06:45 PM
None. I tried several of the new books and didn't like any of them. I'm avoiding "The New 52" as a result. Overall, very poor.