http://comicrelated.com/news/13275/x-men-regenesis

Way to many teams and characters.

HaphazardJoy
09-12-2011, 07:50 PM
How is anyone able to follow all this.

http://comicrelated.com/news/13275/x-men-regenesis

Way to many teams and characters.

TOO, too.

Also, since there's no Astonishing as part of this event, even adding Wolverine & The X-men, there's the same number of X-men teams as there has been for a long while now. I would be able to follow it just fine if I had the money and time to keep collecting, oh, and also that half the books are crap anyway. I've been enjoying Uncanny X-men, Legacy, and X-Force, New Mutants was great but kinda gone down hill, X-Factor lost its shimmer after the first year or so, same with Astonishing, never much cared for adjectiveless or Generation Hope. I don't think I'll keep buying after Schism, but mostly just because I need the money and time to focus on school.

UniverseX259
09-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Look's like Nightcrawler's back. Didn't he just die a few months ago?

And what happened to Colossus? It looks like he's wearing Juggernaut armor.

HaphazardJoy
09-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Look's like Nightcrawler's back. Didn't he just die a few months ago?

And what happened to Colossus? It looks like he's wearing Juggernaut armor.

Yes he did, and, PROTIP: that's clearly not 616 Nightcrawler. Also, yes, Colossus now has Cyttorak's blessing.

UniverseX259
09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Yes he did, and, PROTIP: that's clearly not 616 Nightcrawler. Also, yes, Colossus now has Cyttorak's blessing.

Yeah, I was wondering what the deal was. It looks like he has the Crimson Dawn mark over his eye.

ronin7
09-12-2011, 09:44 PM
TOO, too.

Also, since there's no Astonishing as part of this event, even adding Wolverine & The X-men, there's the same number of X-men teams as there has been for a long while now. I would be able to follow it just fine if I had the money and time to keep collecting, oh, and also that half the books are crap anyway. I've been enjoying Uncanny X-men, Legacy, and X-Force, New Mutants was great but kinda gone down hill, X-Factor lost its shimmer after the first year or so, same with Astonishing, never much cared for adjectiveless or Generation Hope. I don't think I'll keep buying after Schism, but mostly just because I need the money and time to focus on school.

I quit reading Uncanny X-Men right around the Morrison era, even than I didn't collect as much as I liked due to money constraints. In my mind, the X-Men line has gone to shit, and with Bendis spinning his wheels, the Avengers are in the same rut.

HaphazardJoy
09-12-2011, 10:30 PM
I'd disagree about X-men, but current books wouldn't back me up too much. Really though, the trilogy of Messiah arcs was really quite good, David's first few arcs of X-factor, and Uncanny X-force are likewise good reads, and X-men Legacy has been pretty good throughout. The return of New Mutants, like I said, started off really strong. I'll mention again that I didn't love Morrison's run on New X-men, but it was a high point after a bit of meandering.

Lovecraft13
09-12-2011, 10:56 PM
I don't even know who half of those characters are.

HaphazardJoy
09-12-2011, 11:16 PM
X-Force: Psylocke, Deadpool, AoA Nightcrawler, Fantomex
Wolverine and the X-men: Quentin Quire, Wolverine, Iceman, Beast, Lockheed, Kitty Pryde, (girl in schoolgirl uniform that doesn't spring to mind)
Legacy: Rogue, Gambit, Rachel Summers, Frenzy
X-factor: Strong Guy, Jamie Madrox, Havok, Polaris, Wolfsbane, Siryn, Rictor, Shatterstar, Longshot, Layla, Monet
Generation Hope: Kenji, Teon, Velocidad, Transonic, Sebastian Shaw, Hope
X-men: Jubilee, Warpath, Psylocke, Storm, Domino
Uncanny X-men: Magneto, Cerebro, Cyke, Emma, Colossus, Magik
New Mutants: Dani Moonstar, Nate Grey, Magma, Sunspot, Warlock, some dude that doesn't quite look like Cypher or Cannonball... I kinda hope it's Cypher since I love the character.

Anyway, there's all of em but one.

CHWolf
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
^Names. Too many.

HaphazardJoy
09-13-2011, 12:20 AM
^Names. Too many.

Not arguing, especially on X-Factor, what the hell? It's the complete existing cast, which was already too large, PLUS Havok and Polaris.

Havok and Madrox are two of my favorites, but I don't see the point of them both on the team unless they completely change the tone of the book. Havok is a heavy hitter for such a small-scope book, and they're both sort of reluctant leader sorts.

Wolverine and the X-men, despite being the Wolverine team, also has Kitty, Iceman, and Beast on it, three of my absolute favorite Marvel characters period, and I find it interesting that Quire is on the team given the events of Schism thus far.

I'm a little tiffed that Kitty and Colossus are on opposite sides and that Illyana and Colossus are on a team together after all she's done. For once I'd like to see Pete surprise us and choose Kitty and his ideals over his sister.

Still don't give a shit about Generation Hope... the awesome Messiah books built her up too much. They clearly have SOME sort of idea for a major event revolving around her, but giving her her own crappy team (a vague Tetsuo rip-off, a girl with ice and fire powers, a fast kid, a fast, flying girl, and uh... a super-cave man) and sticking her in meaningless stories in the meantime is crap. At least give her decent secondary role. When they had her connecting with Nate Grey recently, it gave me hope that they might form some sort of semblance of what Cable used to be in the X-realm, but now they've already teased that Cable is coming back of course.

Legacy could be good, I like they're keeping Rogue the main character, but I'll miss the tension between Rogue-Magneto/Frenzy-Gambit/Gambit-Rogue, and Legion was a fantastic addition to New Mutants AND Legacy, where's he in all of this?

I didn't read Fear Itself, I feel smarter for not having done so, and I can't help but agree that Jugger-Colossus seems pretty stupid.

None of these covers represents what the teams will actually be a few issues from now of course, we all know that... four members on X-force and Legacy seems too few, X-factor is too many, especially for a detective book, Psylocke on both sides? Etc etc etc. Where's Angel? Where's Legion? Where's Doug Ramsey? Where's Cannonball? Where's the Young X-men cast (Surge, Rockslide, Anole, Dust, X-23, etc)?

Lovecraft13
09-13-2011, 12:30 AM
I heard X-factor's been pretty cool with Peter David on board. And Longshot? Man, I love that character. I'll have to check it out.

JamieRoberts
10-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I want to care. I just find it difficult to get back into X-Men books. Recently, I've only picked up Uncanny X-Force (which is great) but of all of the announced books, the only one which appeals is Wolverine & the X-Men and that's mostly because I love Bachalo's work.

I think my issue with it isn't that it's too big and sprawling, since I came to X-Men around the Jim Lee/Chris Claremont relaunch when there was already UXM, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, Wolverine and any number of minis, later expanded upon with Cable, Deadpool (which was X-centric), Gen X, X-Man... and I followed it just fine because I cared about it. I just don't like how it's all driven by initiatives.

There's a huge effort in marketing a re-launch of a brand which incorporates a ton of books, all of which have to stand on their own two feet and provide something unique to justify their existence, right? So why promote them all using the exact same artist drawing the characters in the same way? New readers would be expected to make their choice based on the characters and creator name recognition alone.

I was reading the latest Axel-In-Charge column last night and, for the first time, it really angered me. When 'Nu-Marvel' was in its prime, every announcement of a new book or relaunch was a revolution and Axel Alonso was almost always involved. If Peter Milligan and Mike Allred were to take over New Mutants right now and basically make X-Statix, it would still be announced as New Mutants has been this week, ie: with a Dale Keown image and no info. Revolution has no place here. Alonso doesn't take the risks anymore at a time when complacency will kill a company.

I don't want to come across as someone who holds back change. I appreciate the ever-forward motion of the X-Men's world since the mansion was destroyed and the move to SF came about, but it removed a big part of X-Men which is the heart. It's stopped being the fun ride it once was and has become a high-stakes politically charged drama. With costumes. I used to want to live in the X-mansion, where you could get up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water and Wolverine would walk in after a huge fight, but Beast would already be in the kitchen with coffee because he was working. I'd hate to live on an island like Utopia.

Sorry. Rambling now.

Mwynn
10-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I want to care. I just find it difficult to get back into X-Men books. Recently, I've only picked up Uncanny X-Force (which is great) but of all of the announced books, the only one which appeals is Wolverine & the X-Men and that's mostly because I love Bachalo's work.

I think my issue with it isn't that it's too big and sprawling, since I came to X-Men around the Jim Lee/Chris Claremont relaunch when there was already UXM, X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur, Wolverine and any number of minis, later expanded upon with Cable, Deadpool (which was X-centric), Gen X, X-Man... and I followed it just fine because I cared about it. I just don't like how it's all driven by initiatives.

There's a huge effort in marketing a re-launch of a brand which incorporates a ton of books, all of which have to stand on their own two feet and provide something unique to justify their existence, right? So why promote them all using the exact same artist drawing the characters in the same way? New readers would be expected to make their choice based on the characters and creator name recognition alone.

I was reading the latest Axel-In-Charge column last night and, for the first time, it really angered me. When 'Nu-Marvel' was in its prime, every announcement of a new book or relaunch was a revolution and Axel Alonso was almost always involved. If Peter Milligan and Mike Allred were to take over New Mutants right now and basically make X-Statix, it would still be announced as New Mutants has been this week, ie: with a Dale Keown image and no info. Revolution has no place here. Alonso doesn't take the risks anymore at a time when complacency will kill a company.

I don't want to come across as someone who holds back change. I appreciate the ever-forward motion of the X-Men's world since the mansion was destroyed and the move to SF came about, but it removed a big part of X-Men which is the heart. It's stopped being the fun ride it once was and has become a high-stakes politically charged drama. With costumes. I used to want to live in the X-mansion, where you could get up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water and Wolverine would walk in after a huge fight, but Beast would already be in the kitchen with coffee because he was working. I'd hate to live on an island like Utopia.

Sorry. Rambling now.

The Wolverine and the X-men book, will return them to the Mansion.

ronin7
10-01-2011, 10:38 AM
The Wolverine and the X-men book, will return them to the Mansion.

Not the same mansion, and it doesn't even explain how the hell Logan has that kind of cash. Even if Xavier footed the bill (which would be hard given he outed himself under Morrison's hatchet job). A lot of businesses he had his money tied up in would be drained, or frozen due to his status as a mutant. Even Steve Rogers can't undo the hatred of mutantkind by the populace. Hell, the African American community right now feels like they are back in the fifties with all the red necks coming out of the wood work.

PC812
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Not the same mansion, and it doesn't even explain how the hell Logan has that kind of cash. Even if Xavier footed the bill (which would be hard given he outed himself under Morrison's hatchet job). A lot of businesses he had his money tied up in would be drained, or frozen due to his status as a mutant.

Why would his assets be frozen because he's a mutant? Last time I checked, Warren Worthington is a very public mutant figure and he owns his own corporation. I can't recall any story ever in Marvel's history where mutants were denied the right to invest money.

ronin7
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Why would his assets be frozen because he's a mutant? Last time I checked, Warren Worthington is a very public mutant figure and he owns his own corporation. I can't recall any story ever in Marvel's history where mutants were denied the right to invest money.

Xavier's mutant status wasn't known by the share holders of his businesses. The reason Warren is unaffected is because the government depends on his companies resources. Xavier has very public holdings, with mutants outlawed they can seize his assets on the act of the Mutant Registration Act.

Duane Korslund
10-10-2011, 11:00 AM
wow...I stopped reading xbooks about 4 years ago or so...I dont think there's any hope in figuring out wtf is going on now...

the_beast
10-10-2011, 04:11 PM
Mutant Registration Act is a United States law. Wolverine is a Canadian, hence they cannot freeze his assets outside the US.

And according to the Onion, Obama has done away with the MRA lol

ronin7
10-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Mutant Registration Act is a United States law. Wolverine is a Canadian, hence they cannot freeze his assets outside the US.

And according to the Onion, Obama has done away with the MRA lol

Since when is Logan a multi-millionaire? And I haven't read anything that suggest the MRA was repealed. You're thinking of the SHRA, which is an entirely different bill.

Mwynn
10-10-2011, 07:06 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2022361-wolverineandthexmen_1_teaserschool_super.jpeg

CHWolf
10-10-2011, 08:05 PM
I ain't sendin' my kid to THAT death house.

Just look at it. Ice jutting out of shit...

JamieRoberts
10-10-2011, 08:44 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/2022361-wolverineandthexmen_1_teaserschool_super.jpeg

Ugh. Really?

Not to sound like a holder-upper-of-progress, but what's wrong with A House? This is all looking a bit 90s, all of a sudden. I mean, I'll check it out because I love Bachalo but I'm not convinced that shoving Annex armour on a mansion makes it better.

the_beast
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Wolverine is an Avenger, for all we know the school is funded by Tony Stark. It is a fictional school, I don't worry about how it is funded.

And I was referring to this : http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/05/19/president-obama-kills-mutant-registration-act/

Moonrider
10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
They have a new mutant that can shit gold. There's your 'logical' explanation. :laugh:

CHWolf
10-10-2011, 09:41 PM
They have a new mutant that can shit gold.

Liefeld?

Mark Bertolini
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Uncanny X-Force is solid. I like the lineup they have there, and Rick Remender is doing a bang-up job.

X-Factor continues to be excellent. I just really wish they could find a more permanent artist for it.

PC812
10-13-2011, 08:49 AM
Xavier's mutant status wasn't known by the share holders of his businesses. The reason Warren is unaffected is because the government depends on his companies resources. Xavier has very public holdings, with mutants outlawed they can seize his assets on the act of the Mutant Registration Act.

It didn't outlaw mutants, it mandated registration. There's a difference. Given Xavier's contacts in the government and with the CSA (particularly Val Cooper) it's very likely that he could have been registered and just kept public knowledge of his mutant powers a secret. Registration doesn't mandate public knowledge, it mandates government knowledge.

As far as freezing assets goes, there are a lot of complexities when it comes to that.

Also what public businesses did Xavier have that he would have to answer to shareholders? I can't think of any. His assets are mostly private. When he launched the X-Corporation, it was after the public had knowledge he was a mutant. And who's to say Xavier didn't have money hidden away in offshore accounts?

And if this was such an oversight on Morrison's part, why wasn't it tackled by any other writers who followed him? Chuck Austen, Ed Brubaker, Mike Carey, Matt Fraction, Warren Ellis, etc., not a one of them addressed this issue. Not even Chris Claremont, who had the most knowledge of the MRA since he's the one who introduced it and later wrote it as having been passed. And it's not as if Marvel had problems taking apart things from Morrison's run, like how they handled the Xorn/Magneto situation. You're just trying to take a cheap shot at Morrison. Fact is the MRA has been pretty much ignored for about twenty years. Even in the early days of X-Factor, there were contradictions about it.

ronin7
10-13-2011, 11:22 AM
It didn't outlaw mutants, it mandated registration. There's a difference. Given Xavier's contacts in the government and with the CSA (particularly Val Cooper) it's very likely that he could have been registered and just kept public knowledge of his mutant powers a secret. Registration doesn't mandate public knowledge, it mandates government knowledge.

As far as freezing assets goes, there are a lot of complexities when it comes to that.

Also what public businesses did Xavier have that he would have to answer to shareholders? I can't think of any. His assets are mostly private. When he launched the X-Corporation, it was after the public had knowledge he was a mutant. And who's to say Xavier didn't have money hidden away in offshore accounts?

And if this was such an oversight on Morrison's part, why wasn't it tackled by any other writers who followed him? Chuck Austen, Ed Brubaker, Mike Carey, Matt Fraction, Warren Ellis, etc., not a one of them addressed this issue. Not even Chris Claremont, who had the most knowledge of the MRA since he's the one who introduced it and later wrote it as having been passed. And it's not as if Marvel had problems taking apart things from Morrison's run, like how they handled the Xorn/Magneto situation. You're just trying to take a cheap shot at Morrison. Fact is the MRA has been pretty much ignored for about twenty years. Even in the early days of X-Factor, there were contradictions about it.

Okay, I'll play your game. Even if Xavier had money in offshore accounts, he would have to draw some of that money out and transfer it into an American account in order to use it. Secondly, the government has had too many instances of where mutants are a threat. The MRA was designed to register mutants, catalog their powers, and level of threat to the normal humans.

If Xavier allowed himself to be registered everyone would freak out, thinking he is constantly tampering with their minds, that decisions they make are not there own. It's not like your deluded idea that they would become celebrities. No, far from that. They would face worse persecution than the African American community has. In fact, there are races even now who have it as bad, or worse than the African American community. The Muslim community here in America has been constantly threatened. Americans have said every hateful thing you can imagine from wiping the Muslim community out, to Obama is a secret Muslim terrorist spy. This isn't just isolated instances. It is happening more widely than your tiny mind can comprehend.

The Native Americans are all, but extinct. The list goes on and on. When it comes to racial relations, we are not only our worst enemies. We are the cause of the racism in this world. Mutants could not, and would not last long in real life. People would be doing everything in their power to kill them.

Third, Professor Xavier has already suffered through Cyclops idiotic leadership, watched countless children die, and seen his dream go up in ashes. Why would he support a new school being built knowing that more mutant children would be put at risk?

He wouldn't. But following Grant Morrison's brainless, illiterate logic. He would with a shit eating grin.

PC812
10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
Yes, it's all Morrison's fault. Everything is Morrison's fault. I wonder if it's possible for you to go one post without finding some way to attack him.

Forget it, this is like arguing with a conspiracy nut.

Biofungus
10-14-2011, 05:00 AM
You do realize that there are *more* Native American's now, than there pretty much ever were, right? (Including up to 1492 when they were "untouched" by Europe).

It is happening more widely than your tiny mind can comprehend.
If I were you, I'd start looking in the mirror more before slinging around such accusations. Just saying... ;)

ronin7
10-14-2011, 05:18 AM
You do realize that there are *more* Native American's now, than there pretty much ever were, right? (Including up to 1492 when they were "untouched" by Europe).

If I were you, I'd start looking in the mirror more before slinging around such accusations. Just saying... ;)

Compare that to the tribes that don't exist anymore. Half of the current numbers are of mixed ancestry. Others are surviving tribes that were able to rebuild. But, many do not exist today.

I don't need to look in the mirror when I actually "research" such topics, and not sit on my ass looking up porn, or making an ass out of myself by talking about something I have no knowledge of.

ronin7
10-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Yes, it's all Morrison's fault. Everything is Morrison's fault. I wonder if it's possible for you to go one post without finding some way to attack him.

Forget it, this is like arguing with a conspiracy nut.

Coming from a man who said that: "9/11 wasn't a tragedy, that not that many people died, at least important enough to go to war over."

The same man who makes homophobic jokes when slamming religion, believes America should never stop apologizing for everything we have done in times that demanded such actions. A man who is such a fool, who only reads propaganda from like-minded fools and does not do one bit of research to gather a consensus of whether he is right, or not.

PC812, if I gave a fuck what you think. Do you think I would still be listening to your asinine advice which has gotten you absolutely no where? That has painted you as a George W. Bush Democrat, and a hateful, spiteful man?

Think about that.

Mwynn
10-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Based on the last two posts, is there any reason to keep this thread open. Just Terrible.

ronin7
10-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Based on the last two posts, is there any reason to keep this thread open. Just Terrible.

Yes, because it's my fault. Not PC812. If you knew what kind of jerk he was. You wouldn't defend him either, or have nice things to say about him.

Biofungus
10-14-2011, 02:41 PM
You call him a hateful, spiteful man, yet all you ever post is hate and spite! Again, take a good long look in the mirror.

PC812
10-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Coming from a man who said that: "9/11 wasn't a tragedy, that not that many people died, at least important enough to go to war over."
I never said anything even remotely close to that. Where's your proof?

The same man who makes homophobic jokes
I've never made homophobic jokes. Again, where's your proof?

when slamming religion
I've criticized the hypocrisy of organized religion many times. As have you. If that equals a slam against religion, you are as guilty as me.

believes America should never stop apologizing for everything we have done in times that demanded such actions.
When did this become a political thread?

A man who is such a fool, who only reads propaganda from like-minded fools
Examples, please. You know so much about my reading habits, you must have a vast category of examples to draw from.

does not do one bit of research to gather a consensus of whether he is right, or not.
Research in what? I asked you a question about X-Men comics. You responded not with answers or examples or research to back up your answers, but personal attacks.

PC812, if I gave a fuck what you think. Do you think I would still be listening to your asinine advice which has gotten you absolutely no where?
I didn't give you advice. I asked you to back up statements you made. And for the record (not that it's any of your business), I live a very comfortable, debt-free lifestyle working a stable job, so I'd say I've done pretty well for myself.

(And for the record, these two sentences I quoted are grammatically inaccurate.)

That has painted you as a George W. Bush Democrat, and a hateful, spiteful man?
..what? Do a search of your posts, see how many of them attack Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, or anyone who disagrees with you that they aren't illiterate hacks. Then tell me who's being hateful and spiteful. And the George W. Bush Democrat line makes no sense whatsoever. This thread has nothing to do with politics, so why are you interjecting them?

Think about that.
I am thinking about it. And it makes no sense. Stringing random words together does not make a cohesive argument. Your Mad Libs approach to argument is ridiculous.

ronin7
10-14-2011, 06:49 PM
You call him a hateful, spiteful man, yet all you ever post is hate and spite! Again, take a good long look in the mirror.

You don't know anything about me, Biofungus. You also don't know PC812 either, or seen what kind of stupid shit he has said. Given the amount of elitists here, it's not surprising PC812 has people coming to his defense.

If you have a problem with me, Biofungus, then avoid me, or put me on ignore. I don't need your shit, Mwynn's shit, or anyone else who thinks that I should fall in line and praise Morrison and Moore.

ronin7
10-14-2011, 06:53 PM
I never said anything even remotely close to that. Where's your proof?

I've never made homophobic jokes. Again, where's your proof?

I've criticized the hypocrisy of organized religion many times. As have you. If that equals a slam against religion, you are as guilty as me.

When did this become a political thread?

Examples, please. You know so much about my reading habits, you must have a vast category of examples to draw from.

Research in what? I asked you a question about X-Men comics. You responded not with answers or examples or research to back up your answers, but personal attacks.

I didn't give you advice. I asked you to back up statements you made. And for the record (not that it's any of your business), I live a very comfortable, debt-free lifestyle working a stable job, so I'd say I've done pretty well for myself.

(And for the record, these two sentences I quoted are grammatically inaccurate.)

..what? Do a search of your posts, see how many of them attack Grant Morrison, Geoff Johns, or anyone who disagrees with you that they aren't illiterate hacks. Then tell me who's being hateful and spiteful. And the George W. Bush Democrat line makes no sense whatsoever. This thread has nothing to do with politics, so why are you interjecting them?

I am thinking about it. And it makes no sense. Stringing random words together does not make a cohesive argument. Your Mad Libs approach to argument is ridiculous.

Be kinda hard given you always delete your posts to save face. I admit my mistakes, I pay for my mistakes. Why don't you grow some balls and admit to your own. Oh, and if you had been paying attention - I have been civil with everyone for quite a while. Not that I need to since some people here are rude, obnoxious, always laying out personal insults when some one disagrees with them.

Mwynn
10-14-2011, 06:54 PM
How in the world does this keep getting pushed back at Morrison?

CHWolf
10-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Godwin's Law.

PC812
10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Well, he DID liken me to Hitler, so Godwin's Law is obviously in play.

Oh wait, I'm sorry. That was in a private e-mail he sent which included many more personal insults than his more censored public version.

the_beast
10-15-2011, 12:52 AM
And now I remember why I stopped coming to this site.

RandallFlagg
10-15-2011, 04:07 AM
And now I remember why I stopped coming to this site.

Sodomy? :confused: